View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Well talking about cornflake packets guess who upset half a packet this morning? no not me Sue did, think she is trying to be a cereal killer.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon all.

Jenny, my sister lost her other half just over a year ago and still struggles to get used to living alone. Her garden is a showcase and she spends so much time in there just so she doesn't have to be inside alone.

My daughter makes sure she gets out and about with her whenever she can. The have a weekly shopping trip and she tried to get her out to the pub for a meal once a week too, but it's a poor substitute for someone you've spent over 50 years of your life with.

We've been out for a short walk yesterday and today. Well, yesterday was a bit of a farce as I took the mobility scooter, got it out of the car, set up and then .................... nothing. The damned batteries have died. New ones on order but until they come tomorrow and are charged we can't do much with it.

Dave can managed from the central car park to the cafe and back again, but it is stretching him to do it. At the cafe, I get a breakfast and Dave has the slice of toast and tomatoes from it. Just about the right size at the moment. Any more and he gets stomach ache. Little by little we are getting there and he really is very much improved from last week
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Well talking about cornflake packets guess who upset half a packet this morning? no not me Sue did, think she is trying to be a cereal killer.
Have to say just had a drink of my coffee when I read this and spat it out laughing...……….thank you...………...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Jenny, my sister lost her other half just over a year ago and still struggles to get used to living alone. Her garden is a showcase and she spends so much time in there just so she doesn't have to be inside alone.

My daughter makes sure she gets out and about with her whenever she can. The have a weekly shopping trip and she tried to get her out to the pub for a meal once a week too, but it's a poor substitute for someone you've spent over 50 years of your life with.

We've been out for a short walk yesterday and today. Well, yesterday was a bit of a farce as I took the mobility scooter, got it out of the car, set up and then .................... nothing. The damned batteries have died. New ones on order but until they come tomorrow and are charged we can't do much with it.

Dave can managed from the central car park to the cafe and back again, but it is stretching him to do it. At the cafe, I get a breakfast and Dave has the slice of toast and tomatoes from it. Just about the right size at the moment. Any more and he gets stomach ache. Little by little we are getting there and he really is very much improved from last week
Wow that's a massive improvement.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Missed it Kelly. But yep alongside border collies shepherds are right up there having been brought up with them and having some myself.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Brenda

Meet a lovely collie on some walks a red merle I think she is called Fliss or Bliss; the chap talks very quietly. and I have not always got my glasses on to hear clearly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 05:12 PM
Lol Barry, that's terrible
Chris, pleased Dave is managing to get out and is managing to eat a little
Just walked my pair and when I was out with deags, this dog came flying over, the man's a pain... anyway, he keeps the dog on a line but obviously as the line has got wet over the last year it's rotted, ended up picking deags up out of the way as she doesn't like strange dogs running at her
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Hope you and Deags are OK. Nothing worse.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah, she's o.k, saw a coccker cross poodle after and she was happy enough with him
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2