Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 07:56 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 1st March

Good morning all, March now so hopefully we can expect some better weather.

Lynn, well done you venting off, it's good to get it out and will do you less harm than keep stewing over it and keeping it in. Hope Dillon's boot comes soon.

June expect you are getting quite excited about Crufts and Kofte's chances. Do hope she does well. Sounds as though Mabs and Zen are sorting their differences now.

Griff, sorry you have a sore throat, hope you are better soon.

Norma, Jenny, Mandy, Brenda, Sue, Barry Kazz, Eileen and Nikki, hope you are all well, take care.

Have a good day stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Chilly, sunny and wet underfoot today.

Is it an appointment or blood letting session today Moyra. Hope all goes well if it is.
griff hope the sore throat feels better soon. Is it chemo today ? Hope that goes well.
June sounds like the girls may be settling down ? Hoping so anyway.
Do hope everyone we haven't seen for a while is well.

Thanks for all the support re: my rant yesterday. Feeling less ranty today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Thinking of you this morning, Moyra and hoping all goes well at the blood letting.
You'll feel better now you've down loaded all the murderous tendencies, Lynn.
Wondering about Nippy myself and I do hope nothings happened to any of them
Actually got a dry morning here and will get girls out if at all possible. Rain needs to hold off till midday. By then we'll have been out and back. Then I'll ring the farm about shavings and pray its positve and they will sell me some. Preferably today then I can stop worrying about the state of the beds at present.
I have been looking at the all in one waterproofs for dogs, now my impression was that they were touching the £100 mark, but Zooplus have one for £17 and its got an excellent reviews, tempted to buy one for Kesh as she is the one who seems to get wettest, her coat absorbs it and takes days to dry, not a problem if I have got deep thick beds of shavings but in the current situation it is not good. If I had one of those for her it would help a lot, mind you she may have to wear it all the time if she keeps lying out in a monsoon
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope all goes well at the hospital for your Moyra

You rant away Lynn it is good to get it off your chest even to people you don't know personally. You have our support

Hope now everything is settling well and will carry on like that for you June. Hope shavings are available for you to collect.

Hope everyone who is missing is well and return soon.

Dull but dry here today. Have chanced putting the washing out so hope it drys there is a breeze to help.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 10:27 AM
morning all. June I got my waterproof dog coat from ebay. Loads on there at reasonable prices. Good Luck today Moyra and any one else that needs it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi All,
Moyra, best of luck with the blood tests and i hope they get your other appointments sorted out soon
TW, i had one of those waterproof onesies for my dog laney...he hated it as he rustled when he moved Lol they are a great idea though
Lynn, yep...chemo day..been good and done it Lol Sore throat is a lot better thanks
Sue...hope the rain stays away from your washing
Hi Brenda, i need to get a waterproof coat for a very overweight labx pointer...not been very successful
changed the bulb in the security light..need to wait until night to see if it has done the trick, if not, i have a spare in the garage.Got exciting news yesterday.....my dad is sending his xjs away for inspection to see how much it is going to cost to get her back on the road....hope it is not more than 3 grand!!
Steves birthday today,made sure i text him when his phone was off last night so he got a nice birthday message when he switched his phone on this morning, he text me back at 5am and i started winding him up as he doesn't do birthdays Lol...got told off and told to go back to sleep Lol
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Good afternoon all.
Clear and cold here. Long walk through the park, the forbidden land and back by the local convenience store.

Swept leaves with my faithful supervisor observing and managing to get some on his newly groomed clean coat. A quick shake and the tangle teaser fixed that in two shakes of a cat's tail. Not that we have any cats around here since we got Max.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Just got back from the hospital had to wait for them to test the blood which took ages. Anyway, I am pleased to say that my kidneys are back to CKD3 so no dialysis. I am to start taking the metformin again but to have my blood checked again in a couple of weeks time. Boy am I relieved.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Just got back from the hospital had to wait for them to test the blood which took ages. Anyway, I am pleased to say that my kidneys are back to CKD3 so no dialysis. I am to start taking the metformin again but to have my blood checked again in a couple of weeks time. Boy am I relieved.
That is good news Moyra! It must be a nightmare to have to have dialysis. I used to see the patients at Addenbrookes coming in every day some of them, and thought it must be horrendous for them.

Keep up the good work!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Such good news for you Moyra, I bet you are so relieved aren't you.
It has not rained for most of the day, HURRAH, girls been out and have given them a good do with the grooming rake. Cariad has barely been out of bed during the bad weather so she wasn't too bad, Keshi was the worst, took ages and I didn't finish really because she had had enough. Beautiful coat, canine equivalent of Rapunzel, but this insistence on standing out in the rain creates matts and tangles. I think she is about to come in season as well, no sign of Mabs coming in, and I go by her as she likes to be first, well not this time. I was cleaning their ears and eyes after walks and checked Zen and something made me check Kesh and she is quite swollen. Am going to dig out one of the sticks and test her to see if she is in season or just considering it as an option.
Rang for shavings and she was really nice, said Hiya and could I come over at 2.45 as she was teaching then going on a ride. Phew, I was so panicked about having to go back to the other sort which are soaked almost immediately.
Got Jackies Good Luck card and also bought her one of the camelias I have got for myself and son as they are beautiful.
I know I have a tape measure somewhere so will measure Kesh up for an all in one, and get it. I don't have Council Tax or Water Rates to pay this month, I've paid half my electric bill, so its a good time to buy something I wouldn't normally get.
Even having one would be a help if we're going to continue with these dreadful storms and long periods of heavy rain and mud. Like I say Kesh is the one that seems to be most affected by it all, Zen wasn't that bad when I tidied her up, a couple of matts around her ears and rear end which (being a wimp) made her squawk when I got them out as gently as I could, but really she was done pretty quickly.
Happy Birthday to Steve, Griff. Maybe things will come together for you both as he sounds as though he is behaving better towards you.
Fingers crossed for your washing, Sue. Still dry here, so should be great where you are.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >