View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I make a very tasty vegetarian haggis (if I do say so myself ). Any photos, no - food doesn't really hang around long enough to be photographed in our house
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:02 PM
I make Chicken Katsu that is apparently is better than many of the Japanese chains , it is very nice even if do say so myself , had it at the sushi bar in Selfridges with my daughter last week who said , ' gotta say mum yours is better !!! ' Dont do a bad curry either , was taught by a chef in the Taj Hotel in Chennai , he was superb
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh I have to get rid of my Sunday dinner from my earlier post - my sister pointed out that I only make the yorkies, the potato part is taken care of my Aunt Bessie and the meat and veg side is taken care of by Iceland

In short the dogs eat better than we do
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I lurve cooking !! I can put my hand to anything savoury and it's enjoyed by all the family (and extended)

CANNOT Bake to save my life !! Cakes end up soggy in the middle, too heavy and drooped in the middle

My middle name could be Jamie Oliver, BUT DEFINITELY NOT DEHLIA
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Probably chicken stuffed with sausage meat wrapped in parma ham served with dauphinoise potatoes and stuffed mushrooms...yummmmm
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
I lurve cooking !! I can put my hand to anything savoury and it's enjoyed by all the family (and extended)

CANNOT Bake to save my life !! Cakes end up soggy in the middle, too heavy and drooped in the middle

My middle name could be Jamie Oliver, BUT DEFINITELY NOT DEHLIA
Same as me! I love cooking, and can cook just about any meal, BUT, my cakes are a total disgrace, victoria sponges are like biscuits just can't cook cakes either.

I do make a mean banoffee pie though, but of course, that doesn't need cooking! No photo's available coz Dave is on a diet so I'm not allowed to make one!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-10-2011, 11:57 AM
What is your masterpiece? The one dish (you make) that you think is just sublime/awesome/perfect
I don't have one I make so many things from by own bread /soups to cakes and biscuits.

As other cooks will agree the best dish is often the one you have just made .
Also what you cook can vary so much even though you use the same ingredients in the same proportions. My bread never seems to be the same twice running

Here is an examle of what I mean, the bread rolls rose very uneavenly but they still tasted good

terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Probably chicken stuffed with sausage meat wrapped in parma ham served with dauphinoise potatoes and stuffed mushrooms...yummmmm
Ooo I forgot about my dauphinoise potatoes. My lot love mine, we went to a rather lovely Italian restuarant for Charlie's birthday last year and he ordered dauphinoise potatoes, but the got sent back as they weren't 'as good as my Mum's'...he was right too lol
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 12:19 PM
My version of Scouse ask Steph and Pat..yum yum

xxx
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe need a recipe of the month section Azz, some of these sound nom nom !!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >