Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:26 AM

My last rant of 2010

well on dogsey that is!!
the rec in our village allows dogs but on leads cos of selfish people not picking up after their dogs and must walk on the edges, not as bad as it sounds cos at the back of the rec is a field that the farmer has left for dog walkers to walk their dogs off lead.
Today i asked nicely this guy to put his dog on lead he sarcasticaly said of course then walked off leting his dog spoil the fun of some kids on skateboard ramps.
yesterday my son was up there playing football when 2 westies ran up and was messing their game up he asked nicely to put them on the lead as per the many signs the bloke said basically to piss off you spotty kid!!!
im soo angry alot of the little kids wont go up cos their parents are worried about dogs in the kids area (not fenced off cos dogs to be on lead), and thats not people panicking over reported dog attacks cos my son was attaked by an off lead dog up there!!
my mission now is to have that rec as a dog free zone this has been going on for well over a year and council has now gt to pay for a private dog warden to come and fine these people as we lost our dog warden due to cuts and thats if these selfish people give their name and addresses!!
as i said there are plenty of places to walk dogs off lead (5 mins form new forest as well!!).

Oh and while im still moaning twice this week ive had 2 old codgers who think its ok to try and sneak biscuits to my dogs without asking!! im trying to be polite but they get arsey when i say they cant have them but unfortunatly my dogs recongnise them that they have treats and make a beeline for them!!! You wouldnt give kids sweets without asking why try and give my dogs them esp when one of them saw me trying to scoop up diharear that one of them just did!!!
lol thats it folks so happy new year to you all hopefully i can stop moaning soon
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Well I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest .

And good luck with your campaign to get that area a no-dog zone.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:36 AM
how sad, that a dog owner wants a dog free zone. Personally I do hope you don't manage it, sorry...there is enough anti dog feeling out there.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:37 AM
lol thank you ill probably be hated by some dog owners but these people are giving us decent owners a bad name and its not fair on the kids in this village
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:42 AM
And as you say, you're in the middle of the New Forest, so one small dog-free park is hardly the end of the world for dog-owners!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
how sad, that a dog owner wants a dog free zone. Personally I do hope you don't manage it, sorry...there is enough anti dog feeling out there.
yes there is alot of anti dog feeling around but alot is done by stupid selfish owners and to be honest id rather have it dog free than another attack on a child (last time it was mine!!) like i said the lazy people can walk 2 seconds to back of rec where there is a field the size of the rec for off lead walks and forest and beach are downt the road its no hardship for any dog owner is it???
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Why not campaign for a fenced child safe play area or for the existing rules to be better enforced ? Seems sad to try to ban dogs when it's humans causing the problems.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
yes there is alot of anti dog feeling around but alot is done by stupid selfish owners and to be honest id rather have it dog free than another attack on a child (last time it was mine!!) like i said the lazy people can walk 2 seconds to back of rec where there is a field the size of the rec for off lead walks and forest and beach are downt the road its no hardship for any dog owner is it???
Depends if the owners or the dogs can manage that though - being disabled I would find it a problem.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:55 PM
there used to be a fence round the play area but was interfering with the football pitches the kids teams were playing on and cos there was soo much dog mess thats why they decided to keep dogs on leads and get rid of the fence so the kids would be safe but people think they are above the law and do as they please.
and as for the other area there are plenty of disabled people use it walk with quite few without any problems,no good for wheelchair although have seen people with puschairs walk their dogs there.
and yes it is a human problem and its a few selfish people doing it but other than the park there is nowhere else for kids to go in the village if they have no transport thats why the farmer allowed his old field to be used by dog walkers if they didnt have any transport they could still let their dogs run free and safely . dont thi k of me as a dog hater i have 4 of them and let them off lead at back of rec if i cant get them to forest or beach but i also have 4 kids who need somewhere safe to go .
and at the end of the day when i spoke to the parish council they said theyd give it a while and if the rules wernt adhered to then it would be turned into a dog free zone
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Perhaps you could get your local press involved and get the word out that this could happen if rules are not kept to ? Seems we value football more than living breathing creatures in this story.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >