Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:21 PM

What is your dog dish made from?

Just had an advert for dog bowls made of glass pop up.

Our always had ceramic water dishes as they used to push and spill water everywhere otherwise, as for eating they had metal bowls, as my mum always used to drop them. My mum was also scared that if she missed any pieces of ceramic it may hurt the dogs paws.

Whats yours made from and why?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Stainless steel food bowls and a big plastic bucket for water.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Stainless Steel.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Stainless steel water bowl as they like to pick it up and fling it around the place. Ceramic food bowls though, no idea why other then they looked nice!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Stainless steel for water. Tilly has two for food. Her regular one is plastic but she also had a posh ceramic one (from Harrods! )
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
A plastic one for water indoors, because it's nice and deep and doesn't spill all over the place when we inevitably kick it (we've got no where to put it other than the 'hallway' bit created by the counters in the kitchen so someone's always walking into it). Raised stainless steel ones in the garden to keep them clean/slug-free so they can drink out there, and stainless steel ones for dinner, just because they're nice and big and easy to clean.
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
For water i use Stainless steel in the kitchen, a ceramic one in the hallway and a big builders bucket outside, Megan tends to play in the water, so i keep several around,
Food they all have Stainless steel, as i find them easy to clean, not such if i would like the idea of having a glass one as with my three, it would take a bashing
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I use Stainless steel as unlike aluminium it is difficult to chew or swallow and unlike plastic does not emit any potentially harmful fumes which may compromise health.

As my youngest dog managed to pick up the largest ceramic water bowl whilst full and carry it into the living room where he then dropped it at 10 weeks of age, I avoid those too!.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Mine all eat from stainless steel bowls, and the gundogs have plastic buckets for water, in a variety of colours, and the terriers have stainless steel mixing bowls for water, which I found in Asda for a £1, as they were just the right size for them! They aren't tall enough to drink from a bucket when it starts to go down! Midge has my huge stainless steel mixing bowl, which was supposed to be for me to make cakes in!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I just bought two big, oval plastic ones from P@H coz they've got rubber on the bottom and are non-slip, thereby helping them to demolish those last bits of mash, salmon mousse or sunday roast! They're great, I love them and so do the dogs!

For water we have a jumbo sized, glass bowl (heavy pyrex mixing bowl) in the kitchen and buckets outside, coz with two dogs drinking, it needs to be big, and the metal ones are too light, they get trodden in and spilled coz it's by the back door and I can't move it anywhere else coz of the fixed cupboards and plugs everywhere else! Water and plug sockets are not good!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >