Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Jade Goody

Did you hear her news, that her cancer has now spread and tumours have been found in her liver and groin, and now they have said that the treament is not a cure now more like something to just prolong her life.

27 years old and children.....

I must say I never really watched her on TV, but I have to say I really do feel for her and her family.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I do have a lot of sympathy for her and her family. Never liked her much on TV, but wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I do have a lot of sympathy for her and her family. Never liked her much on TV, but wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy
Exactly my thoughts.

A stark reminder that fame/fortune aren't everything.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
What she said.

She is so young and my sympathies go out to her and her family.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Actually I have watched her on and off since Big Brother and she sems a very normal, family dedicated young mum. My heart goes out to her and her family.What dreadful news.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I am very sad to hear this. Okay, she's done some stupid stuff but who hasn't! I think money and a bit of fame went to her head on occasions but feel that deep down she has a heart of gold. My Step-Bro-In-Laws kids go to her kids school and she's apparently okay.

I saw her on the fly-on-the-wall type documentary a couple of weeks ago, when they were following her and filming her doing the panto before Christmas and through her Chemo. They showed her in the bathroom the day her hair started to fall out after her chemo and she was in such a bad way. I could so badly feel for her. Tears were running down my face

My Step SIL was diagnosed with cancer about 18months ago. They said that she had the worst cancer; the most aggressive type you can have. They checked her lymph nodes (as they do) and found cancer in 6 out of 16 of them. Of course, this was very bad news. However, they blasted her with Chemo for months. Cocktails that they admitted they had never tried before. Basically, I don't think she had anything to lose. Her hair, eyebrows, lashes, finger nails and toenails all fell off/out. She was so very ill for months. Now her hair is growing back and she is looking a picture of health and so far, she is all clear on all her scans and checks, so there is hope. She's not kidding herself though, she knows it'll be years before she'll be able to relax.

Jade was so positive on the programme, so I just hope she continues her pma and who knows, miracles can happen!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I am very sad to hear this. Okay, she's done some stupid stuff but who hasn't! I think money and a bit of fame went to her head on occasions but feel that deep down she has a heart of gold. My Step-Bro-In-Laws kids go to her kids school and she's apparently okay.

I saw her on the fly-on-the-wall type documentary a couple of weeks ago, when they were following her and filming her doing the panto before Christmas and through her Chemo. They showed her in the bathroom the day her hair started to fall out after her chemo and she was in such a bad way. I could so badly feel for her. Tears were running down my face

My Step SIL was diagnosed with cancer about 18months ago. They said that she had the worst cancer; the most aggressive type you can have. They checked her lymph nodes (as they do) and found cancer in 6 out of 16 of them. Of course, this was very bad news. However, they blasted her with Chemo for months. Cocktails that they admitted they had never tried before. Basically, I don't think she had anything to lose. Her hair, eyebrows, lashes, finger nails and toenails all fell off/out. She was so very ill for months. Now her hair is growing back and she is looking a picture of health and so far, she is all clear on all her scans and checks, so there is hope. She's not kidding herself though, she knows it'll be years before she'll be able to relax.

Jade was so positive on the programme, so I just hope she continues her pma and who knows, miracles can happen!
Hope your Step SIL continues to do well.

I saw the Jade programme too, I hope she beats it too.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I was only just reading the news when I checked my emails...then saw your thread Stephanie.

It is just dreadful news, so sad for anyone effected and I expect her thoughts are mainly about her two kiddies and how much she wants to survive for their sakes.

I didn't see the documentary but could just imagine how heart wrenching it was.

I'm hoping for a miracle for her and, of course, those unknown people that are going through a similar thing.

I also hope your SIL comes through this ok, Cheeky Chihuahua xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
As others have said, she has done some stupid stuff in the past, by hey, who am I to throw stones Feel so sorry for her and her family. I hope she gets the treatment she deserves.
Elaine
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh how awful to hear. Poor girl and her poor family. I hope she stays strong.

She's a Jordan to me. A complete wally and pain in the **** but totally harmless with a heart of gold.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >