Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2017, 06:28 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 29th March

Good Morning all, Sneezing like made, have caught a cold.
Hope you are all ok.
Griff, so sorry to hear about your friends dilemma.
June, the dogs in the street will all love you and your girls are going to be happy.

Have a warm and dry day and stay safe and well everyone, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2017, 07:07 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Not good getting a cold do take care of yourself.

Every dog in the road will be camping on y our doorstep June to help you out with the freezer space

Your poor friend Griff at least you will be there for her.

Dull and feels damp in the air this morning. Planning on visiting a garden centre today need some ground covering plants, rockery plants and a couple of roses, hopefully will come back with something.

Howe a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Morning Moyra, sue and all who follow.
Sorry you have a cold Moyra hope you feel better soon.

Sue have fun at the garden centre, sure you will come back with something.
griff sorry to hear of your friends troubles not what she needs. She is lucky to have a such a good friend.
June hope cariad is behaving herself.

Wet underfoot here hoping it brightens up got use to the sunshine.
Anyone been watching Mutiny if not can recommend it. Channel 4 9pm Tuesdays. Finished last night but if you can get it on catch up worth the watch.
The other one is Yorkshire a year in the wild Channel 5 Tuesdays 9pm.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Griff, did your friends bloke pay into a pension scheme, as his partner she may be eligible for it.
Not raining here at the moment, giving it a while longer to see what its going to do as heavy rain forecast. Had Cariad out for a walk round, think she is slowing down and seems tired. The hemp oil in her breakfast could be making her sleepy though. See how she is later.
Glad to hear Joel is healing nicely, Lynn, despite his mother. What's going on now with the school attendance situation.
Ground is far too soggy to even think of planting out, all my pots are awash as well, enjoy the garden centre, Sue
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good Morning all, Sneezing like made, have caught a cold.
Hope you are all ok.
Possibly hay fever? - It's that time of year.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Hopefully as you say June it's the hemp oil chilling her out.
Meeting tomorrow which Mark can't attend as he has work and used his day off yesterday for Joel's hospital appointment.
Don't suppose Donna will show. Mark will wait for the fine then contact whoever sends it and tell them what for funny how he has no parental rights until it suits Donna or the authorities. Plus the school I am sure could have pushed for him to take Joel during the trouble in the summer and that might of helped in him securing somewhere to live in Harlow.
I am inwardly seething and having to sit on my hands so as not to email the welfare officer at the school again.
Had a run in with the plumbers/builders next door not Paul and Beth no.5.
I saw a hosepipe being put put of what I think is a bathroom window upstairs. It was dropped between both cottages and allowing the water they were draining into the ground there.
Emma I think her name is walked across the room and saw me looking and popped her head out and I asked could it be trailed across the flat roof and drained into the garden ? I was worried about the damp it could cause to both cottages. She said sorry and she would speak to them which I am sure she did.
Hosepipe not moved so I popped round and saw a workman in the garden and asked him to move it he said he couldn't and what was the difference between that and rain. Well the rain doesn't soak the ground the same way this was coming out gushing from a hosepipe and goodness knows how many litres. Then he said it's isn't it gravel will drain I said only top layer gravel then soil he said it will drain then.
I said I was annoyed at the way they were doing it our conservatory has enough of an issue regards water seeping in. He followed me to my door saying it should of stopped had it ? I shut the door went round the back and it was gushing again. I did say to him I was annoyed at the inconsideration of it.
Anyway it moved when I shouted through the fence no it hadn't stopped and was gushing.
I am hoping I haven't upset Emma as it wasn't her doing but the workmen.
Think she may be out now with the baby as there is drilling etc., going on.
Not how I wanted to start my day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Moyra, sorry to hear you aren't well
TW, i have no idea if Steve paid into a pension or not...i would imagine he would have done, she is at a solicitors today so hopefully she can get things sorted
Lynn, oh dear not a good day for you all round then
Sue, hope you find what you want at the garden centre
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Griff, do hope your friend is able to sort her OH's pension out ok and she is provided for. Fingers crossed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Checked outside, not raining, got myself sorted, brought in Mabs, Kesh and Zen, managed to persuade Cariad to go out, came out the front door and it started raining
soooo we just went on the park for a game of ball and a chase round, gave them a quick go over with the undercoat rake, rain became heavy so we went in. Took Cariad and Lona out onto the part by the river for a walk and gave them a quickie with the undercoat rake, and back home.Handed bones out, gave everywhere a good clean and then inside to empty the filter in the washer. I will never ever get an LG again. I bought a recon one as its one I've always wanted, but wanted to check it out before I spent a lot of money. There is no individual spin on it and I spend a lot of time emptying the filter. I must have had self cleaning ones on my Indesit machines, which I will go back to once this has gone to the scrapyard in the sky. However its been going strong for 5 years now, for £199 I cannot grumble!!!
Lynn, you must have had a hard job refraining from screaming at the workmen. They don't seem to bother at all what sort of damage they inflict anywhere do they.
Griff, hoping your friend has been provided for.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Sneezing like made, have caught a cold.
Hi Moyra, just looked in prior to taking the two monster for their walk and glad I caught you 'on line'

Take some paracetamol that usually helps, also I have a theory that even 'tho we are in Spring it is still cold enough to need a hat. A few weeks back I forgot mine and the wind was icy and I nearly ended up with a head cold. Felt it comming on and quickly downed a couple of paracetamol, had a hot bath, and dived under the duvet

Seems to have worked because I was able to carry on next day and the terrible two still got their walk.

Once again Casey is behind me, he's just waiting for the slightest hint that we're going I swear he knows what I'm typing

Will be back tonight (hopefuly)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >