View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Bless dear Ollie, he's not quite the dog for that I don't think. You need a gsd, they've got the noses for that, maybe there's one in your area you know of??? I'm sure it would work going on my own experience with mine? I could throw a ball in the pitch black at 5.00 am. on a winter's morning into a 5 acre field of long grass, and Cassie would come back with it every time! They're spot on for scents. Try and find somebody who might be able to help you out. What about phoning your local dog training peops, they might know of somebody who might be willing to help? Worth a try Lynn. Still hoping he'll come back safe and sound though, you must be in turmoil.xxxxx
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 08:21 PM
So sorry to hear that your poor boy is missing, Lynn

Fingers crossed that he'll be home soon, but having been there a few times with my old cat, I know how difficult it is not to think the worst...especially when they're getting on in years
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Bless dear Ollie, he's not quite the dog for that I don't think. You need a gsd, they've got the noses for that, maybe there's one in your area you know of??? I'm sure it would work going on my own experience with mine? I could throw a ball in the pitch black at 5.00 am. on a winter's morning into a 5 acre field of long grass, and Cassie would come back with it every time! They're spot on for scents. Try and find somebody who might be able to help you out. What about phoning your local dog training peops, they might know of somebody who might be willing to help? Worth a try Lynn. Still hoping he'll come back safe and sound though, you must be in turmoil.xxxxx
Thats a thought but the GSD I know chases cats she is gone like a flash if she see's one so Gracie certainly wouldn't do the job for me. Ollie has a good nose for scenting but that is if he is trundling along then smells something he is distracted and can smell one spot for an hour if allowed.

Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
So sorry to hear that your poor boy is missing, Lynn

Fingers crossed that he'll be home soon, but having been there a few times with my old cat, I know how difficult it is not to think the worst...especially when they're getting on in years
Thanks Julie. Gorden has been positive up until tonight when he got in and asked if he was home and the answer was no, he said I think we will have to start thinking he isn't coming home, as this is so unusual.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I do hope this isn't the case, Lynn, and your boy is home safely with you soon. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now....... xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I do hope this isn't the case, Lynn, and your boy is home safely with you soon. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now....... xxx
Thanks Vicki, it is making me feel a bit sick to be honest especially as there is some pratt deciding to let off fireworks again tonight and its cold. If I knew something had happened to him I would be upset cry and move on but I don't know and its so much worse.
I keep wondering if he can hear me and can't get to me and I can't see him, and he is ill or hurt and there is nothing I can do. I am getting quite intimate with the local hedges now.
Good job I have this job for Mum it is distracting me a bit.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Hugs Lynn,
I can't imagine how difficult it is for you right now,
Hoping and praying he returns home safe and well and soon xx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 10:16 PM
hope he comes home really soon

*hugs*
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh Lynn, i just caught this thread. What a worry for you all. My fingers are crossed that he walks back in as if he'd only been gone for a day. It happens some times.

Hugs to you ((((((((x))))))))
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Hoping you'll find him today safe and well. If the fireworks are still going off I bet he's hiding somewhere .....Fingers XXXXXXXXXXXX and ((((HUGS)))) sent from all of us here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hugs Lynn,
I can't imagine how difficult it is for you right now,
Hoping and praying he returns home safe and well and soon xx

Thanks Sal.

Originally Posted by suze View Post
hope he comes home really soon

*hugs*
Thanks suze.

Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Oh Lynn, i just caught this thread. What a worry for you all. My fingers are crossed that he walks back in as if he'd only been gone for a day. It happens some times.

Hugs to you ((((((((x))))))))
Thanks Kirsty I hope so too.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hoping you'll find him today safe and well. If the fireworks are still going off I bet he's hiding somewhere .....Fingers XXXXXXXXXXXX and ((((HUGS)))) sent from all of us here.
Thats what I am hoping for Steph he went out when it was all quiet. So just hoping that is what is stopping him coming home now and he is lying low.
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »