Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I wish people did have to be responsible for them to be honest, it'd make walking down the street a hell of a lot stressful for me for a start. But it's not going to happen.
Many have the same feelings about dogs
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:49 AM
my oh has three cats personally i can't stand them. If some of the damage had been done to me by a dog than has been done by those cats they would have been pts!

All his wear collars with bells and have never got hung though.... Also makes life easier if one of them gets hit by a car and an owner needs to be found.

As animals go i don't like them, but that might be more due to the fact i need to be antihistamined up to the nines to spend more than 5 mins in the same room as someone.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
my oh has three cats personally i can't stand them. If some of the damage had been done to me by a dog than has been done by those cats they would have been pts!

All his wear collars with bells and have never got hung though.... Also makes life easier if one of them gets hit by a car and an owner needs to be found.

As animals go i don't like them, but that might be more due to the fact i need to be antihistamined up to the nines to spend more than 5 mins in the same room as someone.
http://www.burnhamandhighbridgeweekl...f_cat_collars/

Microchipping much better idea
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I would love a cat, Minnie is mean to cats though
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:09 AM
In a way I see the point.

My family have 2 cats and they have been free to do what they like all their lives. (They are now 16 and 14). So yes in reality in that time they have pooped in other peoples gardens, and one cat used to sit on our neighbors fish pond and attempt to 'fish'.
One neighbour used to leave glass along the fence line and in her garden to cut cats paws !

Cats cannot do the damage that dogs do, but they can scratch and bite and are not thought worse for it.
When my vet at work has scratches its always from cats. If a dog were to bite its life would be in question. I have recieved far greater wounds from my cats, but if my dog were to btie there's no doubt it would be worse.

The thing is, although to an extent they can be trained, I think they are never going to be as domesticated as a dog, and they ultimately cannot do the damage that a dog can.

I guess most people accept cats as a bit of a nuisance, but they are still preferable to foxes!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post

I guess most people accept cats as a bit of a nuisance, but they are still preferable to foxes!
I fail to see the comparison between a domestic pet & a wild animal
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I fail to see the comparison between a domestic pet & a wild animal
It's not really a direct comparison. Just pointing out that either way you have an animal that fouls in your garden and worries your small animals... plus is more likely to kill them, and screech at night. Doesn't make cats doing it any better.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post

That is EXACTLY how I feel about the defence of some of the dog attacks on here. Totally disgusting to defend an attack. However, a cat is not a dog is it?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 09:40 AM
We've actually been thinking about getting a cat or two to help control the rodent population around here
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I have a cat and he wasn't allowed to roam until he was neutered. He doesn't fight and he's useless at hunting. He lives mostly outdoors and only has access to our utility room where he eats and sleeps. I'm allergic to him so he doesn't come into the main part of the house, but that suits him as he's not the type of cat that needs much company. He doesn't use a litter tray though so I have no idea where he poos, but he's raw fed so he probably doesn't poo much!

I hate walking up the end of my street with the dogs. There is one cat that sits in a bush and attacks passing dogs, so my dogs get all hyped up and I now walk the other direction. Other than that one, if cats are about my dogs would give chase, because they see it as fun. Keiko is a work in progress with cats, but I do see it as my problem not the problem of cat owners. It's just a bad behaviour I have to crack.
Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »