Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yeah like all the flipping tax payers no doubt...I mean with 5 kids they will be getting a good old bunch of benefits.
Yep, what wishful thinking that someone else is paying for a horse for them! far more likely to be the good old tax payer.

I've got no problem with illegitimate benefits claimants, but 5 children and a horse is taking the pee...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:26 PM
They saved up and have about a grand for the horse and have been searching and viewing horses already, the womans a single parent, its the same situation a lot of people are in really but I've not heard of a lot of people in this situation having horses, but it is the mothers money paying for the horse, and all that I know shes gonna be paying for its up keep with the help of her daughters.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
You want to try living here, it might just change your mind on that!
And here...I've just seen some of the chavs that have moved into the estate they have built near me; nice new houses for them for absolutely nothing. Me on the other hand, I'll never be able to afford one. Unless I pop out 5 children and get a horse....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Yep, what wishful thinking that someone else is paying for a horse for them! far more likely to be the good old tax payer.

I've got no problem with illegitimate benefits claimants, but 5 children and a horse is taking the pee...
I have a problem with people defrauding the tax payer by claiming benefits to which they are not entitled.

But as I do not KNOW this for a fact in this particular case, I am merely pointing out that one can a) live very well if you choose to on very little money and b) that not all benefit claimants are layabouts and c) there is no law about how many children anyone has and d) there is no reason to suppose that one cannot afford a horse when on benefits if certain criteria are met.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Well you answered your own question with...
''They saved up and have about a grand for the horse ''
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes Murph but saving up the money and being able to afford the upkeep are two different things
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
And here...I've just seen some of the chavs that have moved into the estate they have built near me; nice new houses for them for absolutely nothing. Me on the other hand, I'll never be able to afford one. Unless I pop out 5 children and get a horse....
Yes there are some 5 bed, 3 storey town houses on my estate just down the road. One of the local "town bikes" has moved into one of them with her 4 kids no father(s) to be seen (well known in the chav community and at the local school where my best friend is a teaching assistant). Nice three storey house and never worked a day in her life, yet here I am working my ar$e off just to afford a 2 bed semi with my two dogs.

And some people wonder why people are a bit cheesed off, try living with it everyday than you'll understand.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
She must have to make a lot of sacrifices.
Sums it up really. Some people choose holidays and nice clothes. Some people choose beer and fags. Others live for their pets.
What`s the problem?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Some people on benefits have Cars and mobiles and sky tv too...

How very dare they .
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Child benefit should be used to help pay for the childs up keep, NOT to finance a luxurious lifestyle!

And a horse is definitely a luxury my hard working parents could not afford when I was little.
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »