Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I have feeling that he's making a 'monkey' out of us hun
A clever monkey then
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 05:51 PM
A spooked pony today

Jimmychoo came into the enclosure for his feed, but something spook him and he shot out like lightening
Have to say Im very pleased to say when I said....'come to Mom sweetpea' he came straight back we had ago of touch etc and he's so knowledgeable on that now that that when Marie went by him and he moved away she said Touch and HE TOUCHED THE ROPES not her hand Like Marie said...yea yea smart ass!!!!!!!! not getting close enough (just incase)

Went to the other field and gave Odie a good groom, so all in all a pleasant day....except for two of the horses that don't belong to us chasing one another and one slammed into the stables......luckily myself and Marie where inside, and nothing and no-one hurt xxxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 06:23 PM
That's so good that he came back and you're making great progress building his confidence and trust. Am glad you were both safe from the other horses n had a good day xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
That's so good that he came back and you're making great progress building his confidence and trust. Am glad you were both safe from the other horses n had a good day xx
Yea I was concerned about Marie, but luckily she had just shut the stable door, the way he went and the speed he was doing, he'd of broken a few bones
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I really have to say that YS has turned this pony round.
They have a connection that really has to be seen to be believed.
Hes going to be a cracking pony!!!!!!!!!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Great adventure

Got to the field today and Marie says OMG!!!!! Yes there was Jimmychoo followed by Magic....not IN thier field but in another Odie looking out from thier field watching as the 2 monkeys were busy grazing

Magic is ace he just let Marie pop his head collar on and lead him back, but Jimmychoo is another thing, a unbroken pony, that can run in any direction, not overly keen on people handling him...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well touch was such a great idea, I called him and popped my hand in my pocket for the pony nuts.....and he and I had a lovely run over 17 acrea of field...side by side skipping
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 11:35 AM
You reallyneed to get the video camera down to that field Steph , I can just picture it in my head ! Glad you got him back safely !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
You reallyneed to get the video camera down to that field Steph , I can just picture it in my head ! Glad you got him back safely !
Your right we were saying it was a good job some passer-by didn't try....he'd of been over yonder and out of sight
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Hectic couple of days

Where to start, well Odie managed to snag his leg after trotting through the river......why he decided to go to the otherside we'll never know, but we honestly though all three had been Horse Napped when we arrived although logic told me no-one could really horse-nap Jimmy as they would never get near him, but anyway we found Magic just watching and Jimmychoo worrying over Odie at the far end of the field
Marie had a nice paddle through the river to get Odie to come back over and luckily his leg wasn't too bad, but we called a vet out anyway for a shot of AB's
Got back later and horses missing again only this time it was Jimmychoo standing near the river in front of Odie .... it looked like he was telling Odie..NO NOT OVER THERE bless him, such a sensible lad
Spent today just sitting on a bucket allowing JC to approach, had quite a few kisses too, he pinched my glove out of my pocket and did a wonderful impersonation of a JRT as he shook it to death
He managed to turn out my pockets, knock my hat over my eyes and rearrange my coat for me by pulling it up over my shoulders....it was on my shoulders mind but he obviously felt it needed to be more up than down Had a stroke of him today and a lovely chat...so with the kisses that he happily planted in my face I was more than happy

Rang a trainer when I got home for some help which I am willing to pay for and hoped for a one to one with me and JC, but will not be going down that route I doubt, as I felt I was really talking to myself as she insisted 3 times I lived in Leicester and told me another dozen times that I would never get near this pony after repeatedly telling her that I can get him to come to me for 'touch' and that he will follow me anywhere.....she told me that wouldn't be possible with a pony like him

Anyway I was obviously talking a different language so I thanked her for her help and advice, (which was to drug him 3 times more than the dose needed for his weight and height and to get a head collar on leaving a rope trailing so I could grab it or tread on it when needed to catch him) and I came off the phone......and that is someone with a bunch of letters after her name and 30 years experience.
Only thing she did say which I had to agree with was '''''you have your work cut out''''' the rest was much of ''''''I doubt you will ever be able to aproach him and you may had to have him destroyed as he is too old to really trust anyone''''''''...................... funny that I have animals here that people have said that about and they are still here
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Hope Odie's leg will be ok and glad they're all safe, it must have been a shock when you first arrived at the field. I't brilliant you've had kisses and mischief, and a magic bucket to help along with your own Sounds like the trainer was talking 'poppycock n balderdash', n think you more than deserve to feel happy xx
Page 7 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »