View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Whats the issue with blood on the carpet? If there is an investigation, which there was, they would not be able to remove anything until it was completed.

Each time I see those poor children, it makes me more angry, Id happily cull every urban Fox there is.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Each time I see those poor children, it makes me more angry, Id happily cull every urban Fox there is.
Sadly others would so just the same to a breed/type of dog after one or two attacks.
I personally see no difference.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Sadly others would so just the same to a breed/type of dog after one or two attacks.
I personally see no difference.
Seriously? You see no difference between a domesticated pet and a wild animal invading your home?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Seriously? You see no difference between a domesticated pet and a wild animal invading your home?
I see no difference, with a type of animal all being tarred with the same brush/being punished because of the act of one, which lets admit is not a common one. (fingers crossed it doesnt become common though, with more and more people supplying them with food)!

If a chinese crested (use my breed, so as not to offend anyone) attacked tomorrow and some one put a rule in place that all CC's were to be destroyed or put on the banned list, I can bet every single person would be up in arms on this forum, complaining. So why is it ok, or want/agree with more foxes being destroyed because of this attack? Its no different, just like if a CC attacked it doesnt mean all will.

So if this has been a CC inviting it self in the home and attacking the twins, what would you all be saying? Destroy all CC's? Just the one that carried out the attack? Because its not a wild animals!!?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
There was a time when I would have said a fox would be too shy to end up in such a situation but not anymore .

The foxes we have around now (and I live in the middle of the countryside) are cheeky and resilient.

It is only a few weeks ago since I found the lamb with its stomach half eaten and days later a ewe with her teats (I guess they were full of milk) and part of her stomach eaten .

The other morning I took Chloe for her walk through the field of sheep and saw what I thought was a neighbours brown dog in among the sheep . I thought she must have escaped so I went to see if I could catch her. When I got nearer to the flock I realised it was not a dog at all but a very large fox and surprisingly the sheep didn't seem bothered by it. Fearing there may be more sheep casualties I picked Chloe up out of the way and went toward the fox to shoo it away shouting and waving my free arm but it didn't move it just stood there staring at me then eventually slowly turned and slinked away stopping when it got to the hedge to stare at me once more.

I frequently see foxes around here in the daytime and they certainly appear to have no fear of humans and don't bother to take action to avoid meeting them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I see no difference, with a type of animal all being tarred with the same brush/being punished because of the act of one, which lets admit is not a common one. (fingers crossed it doesnt become common though, with more and more people supplying them with food)!

If a chinese crested (use my breed, so as not to offend anyone) attacked tomorrow and some one put a rule in place that all CC's were to be destroyed or put on the banned list, I can bet every single person would be up in arms on this forum, complaining. So why is it ok, or want/agree with more foxes being destroyed because of this attack? Its no different, just like if a CC attacked it doesnt mean all will.

So if this has been a CC inviting it self in the home and attacking the twins, what would you all be saying? Destroy all CC's? Just the one that carried out the attack? Because its not a wild animals!!?
I think you are being melodramatic here DD. We are talking about a WILD animal that is living in UNNATURAL surroundings and has lost its NATURAL fear of humans. Not a pet dog of whatever breed. When wild animals develop confidence around humans you will always get conflict, this time the conflict was incredibly serious and must be dealt with appropriately. Of course we could ban the opening of windows, walking in our gardens and having BBQ's ! That way the animal we should be striving to keep as natural as possible can raid the bins, attack our children and crap all over our homes!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think you are being melodramatic here DD. We are talking about a WILD animal that is living in UNNATURAL surroundings and has lost its NATURAL fear of humans. Not a pet dog of whatever breed. When wild animals develop confidence around humans you will always get conflict, this time the conflict was incredibly serious and must be dealt with appropriately. Of course we could ban the opening of windows, walking in our gardens and having BBQ's ! That way the animal we should be striving to keep as natural as possible can raid the bins, attack our children and crap all over our homes!
But I still dont think they should be punished as a species, Maybe im being unrealistic here then maybe im not, If I am well nothing thats not normal for me lol.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
NO JB some of us can see out the box and dont believe everything printed in the media!

Sorry, what are you talking about??

well then Rune im corrected, Cant even remember where I heard the other child was playing in the bedroom.
JB I never said it wasnt normal for a child to play I said its not normal for a child to be playing in the room of his sleeping sisters ( not that it matters because I have it wrong )!

As rune has just corrected you , you got it wrong , (you must have been listening to the media) but its perfectly normal by the way for a child to play in a room while others sleep.

Ohh and JB, the doors were open because they said so, they were sat down watching TV because they said so, ohh and everything else was because they said so, you have no proof, no one does. SO you have your opinions and follow everything the media says to a T and I will carry on to have an opinion to because I have a right, just like I have a right to questions things if I wish! end of really, nothing much else to say.
Argh , now I see where you are coming from, the parents are telling lies.

So I would be interested to hear your theory, as you dont beleive the parents, whats your "say so" of the incident!!

Your comparison is illogical, you are comparing a domesticated pet dog to a wild animal.

Facts are foxes are wild animals, they live as wild animals, collectively.

They are not domesticated dogs that live in harmony with humans,
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
But I still dont think they should be punished as a species, Maybe im being unrealistic here then maybe im not, If I am well nothing thats not normal for me lol.
I cant see anyone who wants to punish the species DD, I love to see a Fox where it should be, but there is no getting away from the animals "normal" behaviour changing dramatically to the extent where its only "natural" predator is being attacked by them, its very wrong and goes against everything that species stands for.

Foxes belong in the countryside, not in our homes.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I think you need to look at it a different way, they are not being "punished as a species" they are being controlled, a species that has no natural predator (apart from us) needs to be controlled, the problem of the urban fox has been around for along time, they thrive and breed, in smaller and smaller area`s, they invade out homes, gardens and are becoming less afraid of us, (as a wild animal should be for preservation) peopel feed entice them into their gardens, seeing them as cute fluffy pets.

They are not domesticated dogs, they are wild, they will seek opportunity where they can, and sadly this tragic case is the result of why they should stay in their natural habitat.
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »