Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Travel Beds?

Does anyone use one of these for their dog and if so which one do you use or can you recommend one suitable for a boxer dog?

We seem to be doing more travelling/weekends away and I find it a pain lugging Monty's bed around with us as mainly it takes up too much room in the car (and the house if I'm honest!)

I did think about a duvet but this seemed to take up just as much room when rolled or folded.

Any suggestions would be gladly received!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 10:37 AM
We use a single duvet for our two - doubles up as their bed, and also what they sleep on in the car when we travel.

You could get a piece of rubber-backed vet bed, but I suspect you'd have to supplement it with blankets as well, so it might take up just as much space...
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-02-2010, 01:29 PM
We have a thick rug which we lay flat in the boot so takes up no room when we travel with Maggie, she seems very happy with it.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Woody's travel bed is the same bed we use in the back of the car. Soft, warm and waterproof so perfect for travelling, especially as it's always to hand.

http://www.houseofpaws.co.uk/product...Bed-HP117.html
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Am thinking of buying a large, maybe double, sleeping bag now as it should stuff down into a carry case and be easier to wash. For some reason I always feel guilty if Monty has to sleep on anything less than his normal bed, he's far too spoilt!!