View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: C2 poll - love 'em or hate 'em
Love 'em 31 64.58%
Hate 'em 10 20.83%
Un-decided (please say why) 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Love both, but pray tell i prefer mogs! We've always had both and always numerically cats have won over the dogs, hence the current two canines n three, was four, mogs
Their independence, and the fact that the love you get from them is through their CHOICE rather than instinct, is what I love. And how my cats go from being little numtums who get their bellies tickled, and like sleeping with the dogs, and being cuddled and quaffered inside to as soon as they step onto that patio going all big, bad n bolshy and strutting their stuff!
The current three, the latter two being little brothers born here, their mum dissapeared new years eve 07 x

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yeah - show yourselves

Great pics Phil, LOVE that first cat!!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What has totally surprised me is that there are clearly a few who actually PREFER cats to dogs?!! What's that all about then?!
Im surprised you are surprised, they are quite simple puuurrrrrfect in every respect!!
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'll hold my hand up first and see if the rest follow!!
Thanks for your honesty, pm me your address and Ill sort you out later!!!

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Love both, but pray tell i prefer mogs! We've always had both and always numerically cats have won over the dogs, hence the current two canines n three, was four, mogs
Their independence, and the fact that the love you get from them is through their CHOICE rather than instinct, is what I love. And how my cats go from being little numtums who get their bellies tickled, and like sleeping with the dogs, and being cuddled and quaffered inside to as soon as they step onto that patio going all big, bad n bolshy and strutting their stuff!
The current three, the latter two being little brothers born here, their mum dissapeared new years eve 07 x

Great pics Luke, loving the eyes on the Scooter look a like!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Loving all the gorgeous cats everyone some fab pics!

Here is my lovely boy Dylan, he was a rescue.
He is a real character and will not be pushed aside by any of the dogs I have added over the years! I have worked hard to introduce "The greyhound" to Dylan as I couldnt forgive myself if anything happened to him, but they get on fine.
Honey and Dylan are best friends
Dylan
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'll hold my hand up first and see if the rest follow!!
Can I ask why you hate them? It always surprises me when people hate either dogs or cats as I consider myself an animal lover which encompasses all animals and I find it odd that one would hate one species but not another. Hate is a very strong emotion.
I first came across this attitude when I went on a coach trip with the then CPL to a large cat show in London (can't remember which one) and I said, as we passed Battersea, that we could pop into the dogs home on the way back and someone said no it should be burnt to the ground
I was absolutely horrified at that attitude, wishing violence on another species simply because you don't like it.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Loving all the gorgeous cats everyone some fab pics!

Here is my lovely boy Dylan, he was a rescue.
He is a real character and will not be pushed aside by any of the dogs I have added over the years! I have worked hard to introduce "The greyhound" to Dylan as I couldnt forgive myself if anything happened to him, but they get on fine.
Honey and Dylan are best friends
Dylan
He's beautiful, I do like the gingers!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What has totally surprised me is that there are clearly a few who actually PREFER cats to dogs?!! What's that all about then?!
I adore my dogs, but my cats.....well they are simply just so perfect in everyway. I can not put into words how much loved they are, but one of the things I do love about them (someone else has already said it) is how they look at you with such knowledgable insight, almost as if they have a wonderful sixth sense, or just been there before. Such wisedom, and personality.......I have been a cat person all my life and I suppose when you look at it my first cat was given to me before I was allowed a dog. Two of my cats will happily come on a walk with us, I used to own one that would happily sit on the back seat of a bus or in the car looking out the window, and another that travelled all the way to Wales on a weeks holiday in a caravan, and all the way back.....without any lead or harness, just content to be with us.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Can I ask why you hate them? It always surprises me when people hate either dogs or cats as I consider myself an animal lover which encompasses all animals and I find it odd that one would hate one species but not another. Hate is a very strong emotion.
I first came across this attitude when I went on a coach trip with the then CPL to a large cat show in London (can't remember which one) and I said, as we passed Battersea, that we could pop into the dogs home on the way back and someone said no it should be burnt to the ground
I was absolutely horrified at that attitude, wishing violence on another species simply because you don't like it.
Becky
There wasn't an option for "I'm not overly keen on them" and since I don't love them I couldn't vote for that either!

In my original post in this thread I did say I would never harm any cat or animal for that matter. I once sat with a cat for 2 hours once after finishing a night shift as it was trying to get in the car and was quite distressed. Not wanting it to get run over a sat with it for 2 hours whilst waiting for it's ungrateful owner to come and collect it so agree that hate is too strong a word.

I can see the reasons why people love them but they're just not for me but as I said there was no option for I'm not a fan.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He's beautiful, I do like the gingers!
Thank you very much x
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Hate's a bit of a strong word, but I don't like 'em. Especially when they dig up plants and poo in my garden. If I see one in my garden, I'll quite happily wonder out with my big yellow pal to have a word...

Our next door neighbour has a couple of cats but they do tend to stick to their garden, although one has started to get a bit adventurous. I wouldn't take Jake out with me on purpose if I saw that one, but I'm sure it'll get the message at some point that there is a big yellow lump of canine over the fence!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm with Esmed on this one: I don't care for cats very much, but I don't hate them, either, so I clicked "undecided". Mrs S and I tried once to rescue an abandoned ginger tom kitten (eyes only just opening), but it died after a week or so. It had been born of feral parents and I think its siblings were all killed by another cat At least he died warm, and with a full tum.

Snorri
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >