View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2009, 07:49 PM

What makes a responsible breeder, (not this woman)

A friend of mine visited the vet yestaday and here is the story she relaid to me/

While she was in there a lady came in with a Weimaraner bitch , along with a bucket...

My friend . asked the woman what was in the bucket...

Her pup she says. 13 days old... Oh ! said my friend , whats happened is it dead ..

No! said the woman, she (bitch had to have a c-section and all but this one died.

So my friend said you must be devastated, and got asking why she was breeding, was she planning to show, keep a pup..all the usual!

Well this is her (owners ) response... Oh no, just thought I would make a bit of pocket money.

Found a stud, paid my money , but it has already cost me a bl**dy fortune, as the bitch could not whelp. so had to bring her in to have a section, and only this pup survived..

And to rub it in, the bitch is not interested in the pup... I (OWNER) am having to feed it every couple of hrs,

Having to sleep on the sofa with the pup, and the bitch is showing no interest in her baby.... other than to WAKE ME UP , when the pup needs feeding

She nudges me on the hr to alert me to the pup crying.

You think you have heard it all, but sadly we still get surprised by people every day.

This woman does not deserve any sympathy, only the poor bitch, and I for one am glad it has cost her a fortune, as it may make her thing twice before she decided to make a bit in the future
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Doesnt deserve a dog!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Typical - at least hopefully she has learnt the hard way
Shame for the dog and the pup tho
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I do feel sorry for the dog....but sadly it is all to common....

I went out to somoene the other day and in the process of talking about seasons/speying etc they told me they were planning to breed (the bitch was a LabxGSD). When I asked why.....

Wait for it.....to get back some of the money we paid out on her!

My usual tactic is to explain the costs involved and the *ahem* likelyhood of something going wrong!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Obviously couldn't care less so longs as makes some money-poor dog and puppy-will never understand some people!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 09:04 PM
The woman was obviously not "all there" and who suffers but the dog and the poor pup! It's idiots like her that give breeders a bad name. Shame on her!!!!! A pup in a bucket! Now I've heard it all
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2009, 09:06 PM
The more widely spread that story is, the better off dogs will be. I am new here, but not to the net and dog forums. I can't begin to describe the ignorance I have seen over the years.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I do feel sorry for the dog....but sadly it is all to common....

I went out to somoene the other day and in the process of talking about seasons/speying etc they told me they were planning to breed (the bitch was a LabxGSD). When I asked why.....

Wait for it.....to get back some of the money we paid out on her!

My usual tactic is to explain the costs involved and the *ahem* likelyhood of something going wrong!
It does seem that way, you do think you have heard it all, but life keeps suprising you..

But on another note, we always shout byb , and in most cases we are talking about the bitches owner.

But stud dog owners need to also take some responsibilty..

It is so easy to just take the money and run, and for obviously this studs owner was not thinking of anything other than a few hundred quid for his dogs time

Responsible breeding needs to come from both sides.. stud and dams owners.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh that poor dog and puppy, how sad, would love to know where she got her bitch from and who the stud dog belonged to!
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Thats just awful.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >