register for free

Dog News

Young Labrador receives stem cell treatment on his arthritic joints

A FOUR-year-old Labrador who has struggled with arthritic pain for most of his life is now living life to the full again after undergoing stem cell treatment.

Ted was finding it hard to move and vets feared he would have to be put to sleep so they decided to try the treatment as a last option.

His joints are already moving better, and vets say owner Wendy Sleeman of Wadebridge, Cornwall, should see the most improvement after three months.

The treatment cost about Ł1,000.

"It was worth it – Ted’s part of the family,” Wendy said.

"To be able to take him for the walks he loves will be brilliant. Before he would lie down halfway round.

"He had an operation on his elbows and then they tried him on medication, which was on its maximum strength. Then the vets rang and told me about this new treatment – and was I interested.”...................

Read more here...
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.ph...3cfb1be1838622

Your comments and views:
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Awww how sweet. Lucky Ted I hope he goes from strength to strength.
I know Ł1,000 is a lot of money to most of us but I can't help thinking that in the grand scheme of things it could have been a lot worse. I would have done everything I could to have found the money.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Awww how sweet. Lucky Ted I hope he goes from strength to strength.
I know Ł1,000 is a lot of money to most of us but I can't help thinking that in the grand scheme of things it could have been a lot worse. I would have done everything I could to have found the money
Me too Nippy and amazing to be able to have that option ...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Fantastic that he is now out of pain for the first time ever. I think that is not expensive considering what has been done for him, I bet his meds and treatments were probably costing that in a year, maybe less.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top