View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 04:14 PM

I can't help feeling these pups are doomed...

A girl I know has just told me what her boyfriend's gone and done.

The couple are 18 years old, Lisa (the girl I know) is 7 months pregnant and her boyfriend has bought two doberman puppies off the internet and gone to pick them up

He hasn't been to see them before buying them, just bought them from the way they looked on the picture and gone to pick them up.
They're litter brothers (not sure how old) and he wants to train them to be 'fiercely protective'.

Apparently he already has a staffie bitch who stays in her kennel because she's aggressive.

Lisa isn't happy, she told him she wants to wait until she's had the baby and things are settled before they get A puppy, but now he's gone out and bought two.

I can't help thinking that once the baby comes and they realise that two pups are far too much to cope with (which Lisa already knows and says she wants nothing to do with them) he'll sell them. Unless Lisa manages to convince him to take them back to the breeder, he'll just sell them on so as not to lose out on money
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
There's a pratt born every minute.

Realistically there's probably nothing you can do about this, except give good advice if and when it's asked for. The rest is up to them, sad for the dogs, but you can't do any more.

Dawn R.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Lordy -Two males dobes ..Like Dawn says theres probably nothng you can do -maybe you could try and get them to only have one ...two will be a nightmare
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Can't see the breeder taking them back

The sort of breeder who sells two puppies together and to someone with an agressive bitch and a baby on the way won't be the sort to take them back..
...and it's no excuse the breeder didn't know, existing dogs and family circumstances are two things a good breeder will ask about.

Poor puppies, hope they make it ..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Thats a real shame my neighbours has a new dog ..hope its lasts longer than the last 2

1st one lasted 2 months the 2nd 2 weeks
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:05 PM
She's just told me that in fact, he's not paid yet (well that makes it all ok!) but he's gone to see them and taken the money with him.

I said to her 'can't you just have one?' and she said she doesn't really want any yet, but she can't tell him what to do. 'He does as he pleases'

I will do my best to help her and would have helped train the pups if need be, but he wants to train them to be aggressive dogs and so I'm not so keen on the idea!

You never know, he may come home without them after the "breeder's" spoken to him, they may refuse!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Sad,All you can do is keep your eye on the Dogs and if you see there's a problem offer them Help with rescue Numbers etc. And if you think Dogs are Badly Looked after and suffering Report them.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:11 PM
oh dear i fear your right and they might well be doomed anyone with half ounce of sense knows what hard work one pup is leave alone two , and why the fiercely protective thing ,sounds more like a macho status thing to me , and surely the breeder has to share in the blame i mean would any of you on dog web who breed even consider advertiseing your litter on the net and selling to someome you'd never even seen god forbid i truly hope were wrong and that when the breeder meets this idiot commen sense will prevail .
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
It's the puppies i feel sorry for Lets hope the breeder is a decent one, and refuses to sell him 2 pups
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:04 PM
oh what a sad situation.
2 pups together will be a nightmare enough, but if she doesnt even want them, even more of a nightmare!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >