Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 06:17 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 1st June, 2019

Good morning all, another month gone. Don't they go so fast! Anyway, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day slip slap the old sun cream on as I believe it is going to be a hot one. Stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2019, 07:28 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Nice sunny morning again we were out very early as we have been told and I have read it's meant to reach 27 today. So a walk over the park, business done and some rolling and running to. Dillon not us.
Waiting for deliveries today bit of garden pottering and putting a shower caddy up in the shower.

Your day yesterday sounded lovely Kazz have as nicer one today to.
griff hope Steve isn't caught up in to much turmoil today.

To everyone have a nice day hope you are all well and all four legged friends are to.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Pinch punch, first of the month

I was going to watch the air display today out over Torbay, but I have decided it might be too hot. I will be sat on my buggy all the time with nowhere to shelter. Its either too hot, too cold or too wet, theres no pleasing some people

Hope you all have a good day x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Morning all
Awww Nippy, shame you can't go to the air show.....you would think that organisers might consider people with scooters and give them a little sheltered area
Moyra, I agree...where have the months gone, I swear it was only just Christmas
Lynn, hope Dillon does o.I in the heat. Steve said it wasn't too bad last night except for cars parking where they shouldn't...the council don't bother coming them either and I think it will end up with someone being hit by a car or bus
Not sure what we are doing today...maybe something in the garden
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Good morning everyone

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday Kzz more of the same today?

I oohope Dillon ill be ok with the heat. Do you have a nice cool room for him to go in?

Enjoy your day Griff whatever you do and the same to your Moyra

Out early here too with Teazle and have transplanted some more cabbages and put netting over them so fingers crossed they will be ok. Put my cage up round one of my raspberry plants as a certain little girl was nosing around so put a stop to that quickly. A few strawberries are ripening so looking forward to those.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Hahaha, do you think you will beat Teazle to the strawberries??
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Thank you Sue and griff yes he will be ok. We leave the doors and windows open he can go in the bathroom if he wants but tends not to.
If like last year we will put the fan on for him. Plus he can find shady areas in the garden.
A wet towel over him also helps. So far so good though he is in and out between the back and front gardens shady places in both as Gorden is putting up the brackets for the hanging baskets. Hopefully plant buying tomorrow.

Jenny what a shame there is nowhere shady.
Ha ha at Rosie getting some of her 5 a day.
Seems people no longer worry where they park and if it might cause inconvenience or an accident.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Afternoon all early start here made a good start on the front garden; the guys so far have shifted 5+tonne of soil and levelled it what gets me is I brought the soil in in the first place as used to be level. LOL

Now looking towards the future and bringing it under a maintainable level without being a nightmare to cut back and keep in shape I had noticed more this past year with me not having the tine to keep on top of the cutting back etc so the large overgrown/outgrown bushes have gone.

Acers remaining nothing else.

Sleepers now being cut to retain the beds and step being built.

They have grafted today started at 7.30 this morning I am supplying cups of coffee and squash as well as the odd cake and biscuits.

The soil being excellent quality has gone to some guys from the local allotments they came and took it and helped dig it out, saved me a skip. They took the old gravel too for drainage and all for the fact I popped a note on the allotment gate saying "Soil good quality and gravel assorted looking for a new life FOC available Saturday morning 1.6.19"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Nippy have you considered getting a sun brolly that you fit on pushchairs....or that fishermen use that can be clipped onto something.

Have is your new employee working out?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Kazz, how lovely that your soil has gone to the allotments
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >