Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 06:31 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 6th May, 2019

Good morning everyone, hope you are all fit and well, your four legged friends also.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 07:26 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Nothing planned for this morning but off to son's this afternoon taking my laptop for him to use (he needs it for work) as his in in for a new battery so I am having to use my old chugger and my is it slow! Hopefully he gets a call late this morning that his is ready to collect so a nice walk into Brighton may be on the cards

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone. What a beautiful morning it is too

I might sit in the garden later. The patio is a right sun trap.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Morning all and those to come later. Good to have you back Nippy. I sadly lost my beloved dog last year and miss him so much. Anyway enough of my woes. Hope Pepsi is in good health. The sun is trying to shine which helps to keep the house warm inside so haven't put the heating on. Sue enjoy Brighton. I am only along the road from there. Went into Haskins in Littlehampton yeasterday. A friend was going and asked if I would like to go for a look see as haven't been for ages. I know now why: as you need a very large bank balance. lol!! Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Jenny, brenda and all who follow.
Weather not to bad here today bit chilly but bright.

We are trying to head out to Anglesey Abbey gardens without Dillon this week will he come in no he knows we want to go out.
No amount of tasty treats working either. Good job I don't have to work he would be a nightmare for me to get in.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Lynn have you tried shutting the door trick? When he looks at you shut the door and walk away. Count to ten and then go back to the door and when he looks at you again shut the door and walk away. Try it and see what happens. Let me know.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Lynn have you tried shutting the door trick? When he looks at you shut the door and walk away. Count to ten and then go back to the door and when he looks at you again shut the door and walk away. Try it and see what happens. Let me know.
Excellent advice you want what you can't have.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite chilly here this morning and it's now overcast, cold and we've had a couple of showers. If other half ever again says the garden needs rain I'll throttle him.

Son's settee is being an absolute pain again. He's had it less than a year and it keeps trying to come apart. We had the shop back (DFS) and they just said keep moving it a couple of inches and it will line it back up. Yes, it did at first, now no chance. The recliners have never worked without lifting them up from the bottom which I imagine is part of the alignment problem. I've just sent an email to them saying the thing isn't fit for purpose and at £650 to buy it I expect better. If that doesn't work, then it's off to the small claims court.

It doesn't help that Gary is in his 'downer' mood at the moment. So far - apart from the sofa - we've had he wants to move, he wants a rail card despite never using the train and never being able to alone and a myriad of other small complaints. He will snap out of it soon. It's just part of the cycle of his problems, but boy does it get you down when he's in this mood
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2019, 03:33 PM
We did get out but it was all a waste of time to be honest.
Got Dillon in by showing him his brush he ran in for a brush and some fish cubes.
Shutting the door rarely works with him brenda did it a couple of times he soon cottoned on.
Back at Upwell he had a lovely long garden and use to hide down the end between the car and wall, here he doesn't have that luxury but he has today found a hidey hole. Next to the fishpond then there is the raised patio where the two old sofas are he can hide there little terror or should I say big terror and hear us.
Got to the Abbey really busy as I said it would be turned cold as I said it would so we had a cuppa and a look round the gift shop and garden centre. Stopped at another garden centre on the way home lovely stuff but heart not in it at the moment still feeling a bit bleurgh. So we came home.

Hope Gary cheers up soon Chris and that DFS do the right thing re: the sofas.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Evening all,
Sorry so many are having problems...I am on that list, spent my bank holiday visiting neighbours who have lived here a long time to get evidence for my solicitor.... apparently according to them we aren't allowed to park on our own property in front of our garage! Let alone the bit behind their property...they have written a letter to us and my neighbour and are making it up as they go along, difference is, we have lived here 36 years with the same neighbour and 3 other properties one of whom has been very helpful
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >