Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 07:56 AM

Just dropping in from Ireland

....after the breedia mailing shot

Commiserating with all the flooding there

We got hit by Storm Darwin last week. Status Red and trees and power lines down still all over. Kerry was in the direct line of fire. Thank to boards ie weather good warning so I made sure dogs and cats were all in, candles ready.. We have had storm after storm since before Christmas; Saint Stephen's night saw my phone and internet down and when I drove up the mile long private lane to go and report it a huge conifer had fallen across the lane

Left the car there and walked home; knew family in Canada would raise the alarm after three days as they did.

Landlord came round the blind bend to see my yellow car as he thought under the tree..poor man nearly had a heart attack.

But the tree has been keeping us warm since and now there are plenty more to join in.

The National Park looks as if a giant has stomped in it. All over Kerry huge trees lopsided. Graveyard centuries yews wrecked and graves broken by their fall

Good news for the workers of course as plenty of overtime.

Still deluges almost daily; here the house is on a rise thankfully so we are safe from flooding. And a gas hob and small solid feul range. So many are all electric.

Dogs and cats their usual selves.Am in bed with two of the cats... Been unwell and very tired now so only up for essentials and knitting and beading abed much of each day now. Not sure if I had the third cat last year; he is part of the scenery now but still very territorial so he and my two do not get on. He chases my girl up trees has hissing matches outside the door with my boy but is so affectionate with me.. I think he was deliberately dumped here as although he been handled at some stage.

Maybe back later.. meanwhile all thoughts and prayers to all there from all here..
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Hey. Rosebud. Lovely to see you back. I've been wondering how you were.
It seems poor Kerry has been suffering with the weather as well. As you say though - plenty of free fuel for those with wood burners.
Sorry to hear you're spending more time in bed. Hopefully when spring arrives you will feel more able to get out.
Stay around
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Hey. Rosebud. Lovely to see you back. I've been wondering how you were.
It seems poor Kerry has been suffering with the weather as well. As you say though - plenty of free fuel for those with wood burners.
Sorry to hear you're spending more time in bed. Hopefully when spring arrives you will feel more able to get out.
Stay around
Thanks Lynne.

Just was a busy year last year, my first full one in Kerry.... did so many Christmas Fairs fundraising for family working overseas my head was spinning! Kept selling out...then came the storms..

Kerry sticks out into the sea.... some of the photos online take the breath away... I was watching the storm coming in on boards ie and until that morning they were not sure where it would make landfall. Cut a swathe across Ireland then hit you.

Bed is fine; am used to this after four decades with M.E. Two hot water bottles, two cats, work for my hands no trading until after Saint Patrick's Day. What more would anyone ask!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Glad you are safe Rosebud.
It seems no one missed the storms then .
The sun is shining today so we thought we would have a drive around and see just what damage has been done.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Glad you are safe Rosebud.
It seems no one missed the storms then .
The sun is shining today so we thought we would have a drive around and see just what damage has been done.
Twice a week since Christmas!

I was out last Saturday to Killarney and it all took my breath away ,but what a wonderful job done of clearing the roads.

My landlord has been sralwart. He had just bought a new chainsaw too.

Solid water today again and no mountains.

They say the carparks at Ross castle have been flooded for weeks.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Hello Rosebud It's good to see you again, and don't leave it so long next time.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi Rosebud.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi Rosebud its nice to see you back Sorry things are difficult for you at the moment. The weather has been dire hasn't it which must be extra bad for you living in a remote (but beautiful) spot.

I hope you become a regular again on the daily
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Hi Rosebud its nice to see you back Sorry things are difficult for you at the moment. The weather has been dire hasn't it which must be extra bad for you living in a remote (but beautiful) spot.

I hope you become a regular again on the daily
I find it easier away from the towns. Have learned to stock up well which is what matters, but when I tell folk I was cut off three days they almost collapse!