View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 09:09 AM
All the pups are from puppy farms or people who sell whole litters, well perhaps not all. They are DLRC the presumably started that because (a) they make even more money (b) many of the puppies they sell could not be registered by the KC either because the parents are not pure bred or are not registered and the humane or health rules have not been followed.

In my own breed we had a big problem with them importing puppies from Ireland from parents that should never have been bred from but now they have found someone in the UK to churn them out for them. The thing that worries me is what happens to those who are not sold by their sell by date, have heard some terrible stories from people purporting to have worked there.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 09:15 AM
They sound dreadful - poor mums and poor puppies...... how awful
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:22 PM
They are puppy dealers & because the KC clamped down on the sale of puppies by third parties they set up the DLRC. The puppies they sell are taken too young from their mothers & none can be sold with any KC papers. They come usually from Eire, N Ireland & Wales although there are puppy farmers all over the UK. The puppies from Eire could be IKC registered if they are chipped before being shipped in their 100's to the UK

I known the ISPCA & the Garda have raided a good few puppy farms & the UK police & RSPCA have intercepted some shipments of 100+ puippies a time, sadly the carrier got off with minimum punishment

If only the general public would be paitience when wanting a pedigree dog & not buy from these places they would close down & move on to another business
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2005, 12:28 PM
This is the place where my brother went and bought his Bichon from 6 months ago. I did try to discourage him but he knew best.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Wouldn't it be good if we each wrote a little flyer about puppy farms and places like this, and each posted it in our local pet shop and vet?

The petshop we go to get Archie's toys and treats obv doesn't sell animals but a few times when I have been there I have heard people ring up and ask if they sell puppies
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:14 PM
They could at least spell what they are selling correctly... whats the weimarmars!! a new cross!!
it makes it all the more worse when they sell any breed at all... but when u own one of them that they do churn out and they cant even make the effort to spell it correctly u think what sort of cowboys are these!!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Just my thought Loustaff
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:18 PM
would anyone board their dogs there??
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:24 PM
They sell difficult breeds to unsuitable people with no support what so ever and you have no where to turn for help as you will not know who the breeder is and even if you did they are unlikely to know much about the rearing of dogs or even care.

One of our now members bought a dog from them some years back, he looked beautiful but was from parents with eye problems - she sued and got the purchase price but if I remember correctly not the vet fees - sadly the dog died young from a problem that he had inherited that she did not know about until it made him terminally ill.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:24 PM
OMG no way! Imagine if they used them for stud or something
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »