Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 04:37 PM
Good evening all.

Cold day here and a bit breezy, but at least it stayed dry.

We had an evaluation by the Wellbeing Team this afternoon at Gary's flat. They are going to organise an alert pendant and a fall monitor if they can work out how to get it to work with a text only phone and also fit a keysafe. The keysafe is an issue as the previous one was prised off the wall, broken into and his flat burgled. The best they can do is a 'police assured' box and extra care being taken when fitting it so time will tell on that one. The interesting part is that social workers (all 3 of them) have said that they will only ring me and won't attend when we can't, which is pathetic when we both have eye problems that mean driving at night is dangerous. The wellbeing lady said not a problem at all. So much for social workers.

Sal I really feel for you. It's so damned difficult to help sometimes isn't it because of the strong resistance to it? The visit here today got me thinking about your hubby and his not feeling safe if you go back to work. The call and fall monitor is £5 a week and I wondered if it would also help out in your case.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Afternoon all.

Wet and rainy here, and COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Had a great start to the morning out with Gert into asda home out with Gert again cleaned car then it rained and has done none stop.......Mom eaten breafast of toast and a couple offrench fancies and a sandwich at lunch so all good.

I have cleaned the saucpan cupboard out - the excitment was so great had to have a cup of coffee and a sit down hence here I am and watching BBC2's Japan - Earths enchanted Islands fascinating.

Sal Do you think the issues at home mayhave culminated last night and maybe an improvement will begin or will it just be a circle of improvement then back to this?
Lynn Sounds like Dillon has settled well - do you think this is because not only are you more settled but he has his own space between the house and the world passing by his door?
Moyra hope you stayed dry yourself
Sue Hope your day is a bit more eventful than mine given the weather.
Griff Putting the washing on is about a step up from saucepan cupboard clearing and sorting I think. LOL

Brenda I think it is when we least expect it it hits us harder. Hugs to you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

Cold day here and a bit breezy, but at least it stayed dry.

We had an evaluation by the Wellbeing Team this afternoon at Gary's flat. They are going to organise an alert pendant and a fall monitor if they can work out how to get it to work with a text only phone and also fit a keysafe. The keysafe is an issue as the previous one was prised off the wall, broken into and his flat burgled. The best they can do is a 'police assured' box and extra care being taken when fitting it so time will tell on that one. The interesting part is that social workers (all 3 of them) have said that they will only ring me and won't attend when we can't, which is pathetic when we both have eye problems that mean driving at night is dangerous. The wellbeing lady said not a problem at all. So much for social workers.

Sal I really feel for you. It's so damned difficult to help sometimes isn't it because of the strong resistance to it? The visit here today got me thinking about your hubby and his not feeling safe if you go back to work. The call and fall monitor is £5 a week and I wondered if it would also help out in your case.
I when dealing wth my Aunt and now Mom and watching my sister deal with my nephews needs I really think there should be a point of contact person who can give you all the info you need or have access to all that is available and how it would work for you would save the families grief and worry and the goverment thousands if not millions in the long run as able to service the servces that work not what they are told is great idea by a boffin/comittee.etc rather than real people.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Oh and Chris having gone to the meeting the board totally threw out the social workers suggestion of removing my nephews one to one care at his placement. My sister was told the social worker in question has been "spoken to" regarding passive aggesive threats to another family. They are not even Jacks social worker who was gobsmacked just someone reviewing the case. I mean how does that happen?????????????????
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Kazz pleased your Mum is eating and making progress,

Chris I'm looking into a fall and call thing, it's a live link thing they call it here, and they can gain access via the police if needed.
He has a GP appointment on the 12th Dec, hopefully he will keep it because he has alot to discuss.
Kazz he's very up and down, but yes we go round in circles, he will be ok for a while then go down and like Chris said it's very hard when they don't recognize that you are trying to help and they won't accept it. He usually responds well to Luke but didn't at all yesterday. He also had a brain trauma injury from a RTA he had yrs ago and that also adds to the issue's he has and his frustration levels go through the roof.
I've told him to ask his GP to refer to the crisis team, but again they won't respond or come out if there is a risk of harm, but do advise, on what to do.
He's been absolutely fine today, well not fine but a big improvement on yesterday, and he has no problem with me going off to work tomorrow, both Tom and Luke are home tomorrow also.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I when dealing wth my Aunt and now Mom and watching my sister deal with my nephews needs I really think there should be a point of contact person who can give you all the info you need or have access to all that is available and how it would work for you would save the families grief and worry and the goverment thousands if not millions in the long run as able to service the servces that work not what they are told is great idea by a boffin/comittee.etc rather than real people.
Someone with knowledge? Good grief, we can't have that. We might actually get a decent service if we did. Personally, I think social workers are well aware of what's available but don't want to or are advised not to pass it on (or even lie in our case) as a cost cutting exercise. The whole system stinks and is definitely not fit for purpose. Just as a 'for instance' I asked that an interpreter be present today and they couldn't find one. I'm sure if he required one for any other purpose other than deafness one would have been found. Just another way to save money because they know that I can sign - it just makes meetings take twice as long as they should when trying to listen, answer questions and interpret while keeping in mind all the questions that need raising
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Kazz glad mum is eating a bit better.
Did your day become more exciting griff ?
Chris so glad I no longer have that battle with ss it really can wind you up.

Yes Kazz we feel because we are happier and less stressed that Dillon has settled and like you say the road noise is less. Back at the other house because we lived at the front if a car pulled up outside or van he was awake and alert wondering if it was for us. Plus people walking past although over 5 years he grew more accustomed to it it did disturb him.
When out the back here there is not the distraction. The barking dogs next door when next door are out doesn't seem to bother him to much and at night he comes and sleeps on his bed at the bottom of our bed. During the day if he is on our bed people walk by but not directly past the window we have space and the traffic is less noisy as like the pedestrians it is further away.

Can you believe we can get fish and chips delivered. We thought not having two sets of gates and a long driveway and garden to walk up and back would be good but to find out on a wet cold night after an extremely busy day again they deliver was brilliant. Very nice to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Lol Lynn, he most excitement I it was walking the dogs lol
Molly has been poorly all day, so Steve has tonnes of washing to do, then he slipped over walking Molly so now his jeans are caked in mud as is his padded coat so they want washing and drying and he has no tumble dryer...offered to do them here for him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Oh no I haven't got my tumble dryer working at the moment either it is in one of the outside brick stores waiting for room and Gorden to put electricity in there. Just ordered a heated airer as i put the sheets out and although a good breeze it was so cold and damp they didn't dry.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2018, 08:12 PM
brenda sorry I meant to say I hope you are feeling better now.
Slightest little things set us off but all in the process of grieving. (Hugs). Xxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >