Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2017, 06:45 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 11th January

Good morning everyone

Pleased you found what you where looking for Lynn. Sorry to hear abut Gill's ordeal please give her my best wishes.

Get your fencing up now Harvey whilst no-one is around to have a go at you and then as Kazz says it will be there for all to see if and when the house goes on the market.

Don't go over doing the decorating Kazz and hope you find a good holiday for the dates you want.

Hope Griff, Gordon and the mem and anyone else who has been ill are now on the road to a full recovery,

Up early again, at least it is for only four days a week. Son is now seeing the finishing line in the house renovations. We have to buy the bathroom tiles this weekend so looks as though one room is nearly finished

Had a lovely video sent last night of our youngest Granddaughter (1yr) dancing with such a cheeky look on her face.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone is feeling better today, especially poor Gill and your Joel too.
June, hope you and Griff , LG and the Mem are all on the road to recovery.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Glad sons house seems to be moving along nicely now Sue.
The video must of been lovely to see.

Sounding windy out and still looks dark, about to pull back curtains and face the day ahead.
Off to bank today to pay in Gordens second and final cheque that has arrived and hopefully be looking at a car at the weekend. Sourced by the guys where I brought mine from. The hire car needs to be returned over the weekend the 7 days after receiving payment will be up unless they include the second payment which wasn't received till yesterday then it will give a another few days.
Then shopping to stock up on essentials incase we get snow do not fancy driving these roads in snowy icy conditions.
Wonder if every other person will be stocking up to even thought the locals say we rarely get snow here.

Thank you for all Gill's good wishes. Hoping all poorly'peeps are feeling better today.
Mark contacted Joel yesterday he is hobbling about crutches and might hobble into school today.

Harvey yes get done now if possible re: fencing etc., Having Dillon good fencing is one of the top things on my list so for potential buyers I am sure it will be welcomed.
I do remember when we first started looking this way we did notice people had low fences so there would be no privacy in the garden which freaked me out a bit.

Keep safe and warm everyone and hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Very windy here and the rain came downs few minutes ago, which was NOT forecast hoping it passes over quickly as want to get the girls out this morning, getting wet and cold is not an option for me as I'll be back to square one. Feeling more or less human now, took some co codemol last night and the relief was lovely, I slept and didn't keep waking with pain. Took a couple of my other pain killers this morning and once they've kicked in I'll be able to get a couple of short walks I hope
M62 motorway to Yorkshire is closed at the tops already due to the winds, we're fairly sheltered being in a dip but still windy and the phone lines are bouncing around
Read that people are hiring minibuses to get to work due to the trains, costs £10 a day it said, think it may be cheaper than a train I expect the traffic will be nose to tail though.
What is Thundersnow
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Afternoon everyone.
June glad you got some undisturbed sleep it does help.

Back from paying the cheque in no parking outside the bank so you have to follow the one way system found another car park free for 2 hours and cross the road cut up an alleyway and hey ho there's the bank.
Mark is starting my kitchen so replaced his plaster mixing paddle he has mislaid in his moving about he has put the joiners tape on the plaster board next thing he is going to start plastering the joins.
Then wall paper the alcove for us that means the larder unit can be put together and filling it up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Well that is progress for you Lynn and it gives Mark a chance to earn his keep.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 04:45 PM
It is indeed Moyra can start to see the wood for trees. Been a long time coming.

June I think thunder snow is snow and thunder.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Weather beginning to turn now, you can feel the change in the air. Brought number 2 bale of shavings round and have stacked it in their loft. Very deep beds all round, not sure whether to put the heat lamps on or not, will keep an eye on the forecast.
Very windy and cold, thermal vest today for the first time since I can't remember. Took Cariad and Lona onto the field and we had a walk round, forgot Lona's ball, so she was miffed. Managed to get them groomed as well, didn't see anyone, decided not to tempt fate and took the other 3 onto the little park near to me. All was going well, they were running around playing chase and I had just finished grooming Kesh, luckily was stood on her lead, because I felt it move and next minute mad dash for the gate as the guy who lives next door to the park walked straight on with his offlead dogs. Now Zen used to play with them when she was a baby but he has made it clear she's not welcome to do it anymore, so 3 of them running towards him....... having said that I was stood where anyone coming towards either gate could see me, and he hadn't bothered to look, so his fault not mine, plus no leads so they are running to mine. Caught up to Kesh first, Mabs came back anyway, Zen continued following the staffys, and the guy not happy about that, but really not the dogs fault and there was no fighting either. Called Zen back, Mabs gave her a telling off for straying and I took them back to where I was to collect their balls and put leads on. Guy was hovering near the gate, so I sort of sighed and put their leads on, when I looked up he'd gone in his house. Decided to get home with them whilst the going was good. At least they had a decent run round and play. I deliberately went in there before midday as when I used to see him when I took Zen on her baby walk it was 1pm'ish so was keeping away from his usual time. I can't win can I really
I so wish Mark was near to me Lynn, then I would have someone trustworthy to do the kitchen for me
Your bank account is full to overflowing, you'll be shopping at Harrods next
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Glad you managed to get the girls out June.
What an annoying man expecting you to be physic and know he has changed his routine.

If Gorden's car is ready by Saturday the bank account will be looking very poor.
A couple of weeks till pay day to as he got paid a week early in December so of course we stocked up on a few extra christmas goodies.
Freezers stocked so if we do not get snow shouldn't need to shop for a bit hopefully.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Weather forecast keeps changing, its going a lot colder tonight than originally said so have put their heat lamps on low rather than high, because the wind is bitter. My 2 spare bulbs came today, so we are all fully equipped here, deep beds,full freezers and dinosaur bones for tea. I gave Zen the huge one, and she ran off with it, next minute she is there again, gave her another and looked to see who had hers and it was Cariad, she could barely lift it, was dragging it along Anyhow everyone busy eating, did heat lamps went in. Then I heard the beginnings of a squabble, went out and Cariad has TWO dinosaur bones, I took the one that wasn't hers and put it into the big kennel and she shot in after it, got hold of the one she left and Mabs stuck her head out, grabbed it and disappeared.
Hoping they are too all busy stripping the bones to argue tonight
Never mind Lynn, print out the current bank statement so you can remember
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >