Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 27th July

Good morning all, not so nice out there this morning but pleasantly warm enough, just no sun with the possibility of rain.

LG, you are certainly going through the ringer. I hope you will not have to go on dialysis but I guess that is preferable to the alternative unless of course you can have a donated transplant. Afraid mine are no use I have kd3.

June, glad 'Dun Nibbling' is finally on its way. See what she can get up to next!?

Lynn, glad the boys enjoyed their fishing and also your meal out in the garden.

Griff, glad to hear you sound a lot brighter than you were.

I am still having pains but I still have two days to go on the old antibiotics so I shall see how I am after they finish.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2016, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope the pain stops soon Moyra.
Hope everyone and four legged friends are well today.

Raining here so no early walk for us and we didn't get up till 7.45.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 07:46 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Moyra you should go back to the doctors and tell them. Even taking antibiotics wont stop the pain so you should go and tell them. Lynn good that you had a lazy start you deserve it. Overcast and drizzly here. Off to the local Miller and Carter for lunch today with my friend Margaret, the one that comes to me on Wednesdays. Sara not coming as she is doing something with the students from uni at a place in Alfriston. She went to the awards yesterday for the Brighton Uni students. Even had to wear her robes to attend them. She looked lovely. Have a good day peeps.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Good morning all.
Moyra, I agree with Brenda, I think you should go back to the doc and nag him/her until it all gets sorted.
Lynn hope the rain stops soon. Its dry here but I'm not sure for how long.
Enjoy your lunch Brenda.
I hope everyone else is well, stay safe xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Lovely morning here, girls have got their umbrella up as the sun is quite warm already, tomorrow we have rain forecast all day, but today is dry and warm. I'll make a start on the part of wall I can access today, all things going well that is.
Ooh a carvery, Brenda,have a lovely lunch, don't be drinking too much of that fizz that makes you fall over
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening, Lynn, that memory will stay with you forever, and the boys will never forget it either. You are allowed to get up when you please, Gorden is on HOLIDAY, no need to rush about.
Moyra, its a while since the op, maybe you need to get a check up to make sure everything's OK.
Nippy, I think the sun has come here to give us a few rays, desperately needed and much appreciated I might add
LG I have a strange blood group, but if I am a match and the girls can get looked after, then I have 2 and apparerntly you can cope with just the one
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Morning all
Looks like we've had rain in the night. Hoping it doesn't rain again, we have just had breakfast so am going to get ready soon to take Rosie out.
Brenda when I read that thought it said Alfreton - which is not far from me hope you enjoy your lunch and that your daughter has a good day too.
Moyra I agree with others, you should go back to the docs
NJ and Lynn hope you both gave a good day
Right best get ready
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 09:02 AM
TW have a good day and be careful with your back
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Funny day, when its cloudy the wind is really cool, sun comes out and its red hot!!!
Girls walked. Zen has quite an obvious limp on her offside front again, so I'm keeping it at the same level exercisewise until we get a week of sound movement. I let her roll over and over and over today, she was in ecstacy She let me have a go at the tugs and matts again, nearly all out now, still jumps away after a bit, but at least I'm able to tackle them and even getting bits of her tail sorted.
Set off with Cariad and Lona, just walking through the trees by the river on the way to the bridge, and I saw a lady with a yorkie (on an extending lead) running a good way in front of her, held back and watched, sure enough she crossed over the road, heading towards me, dog got to my side before she'd started to cross. It headed straight for us, she was oblivious, I shouted Shorten Your Lead in my Schoolteacher Voice, and she looked daggers like I was the one at fault. Can just imagine if that tiny little dog had headed into my girls, who would have jumped all over it, then there would have been tears alright, but still would have been my fault probably Gets me so very wound up, AND she continued walking along the road with the bluddy dog half a mile in front
Came home and have scrubbed about a quarter of the wall down, that is the easiest bit for me to get to, then I have to start moving heavy things, which have to be moved back to where they were before the pointing, but will have to give myself a few days off after I've done this part of the wall, but its a step in the right direction.
Have a lovely walk, Mandy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Ahhhhhhhh flexi leads......hate them on roads, fine for a field if you can't allow the dog to run but only with harness' really, but near roads, the number of dogs i see wander into the road whilst the owner is busy on the phone etc is amazing.
Moyra, i was told by my old gp that i antibiotics are likely to work you will see a big improvement by day 4...not sure if that helps you or not
Mandy, enjoy your walk
Lynn, i agree, Gorden is on his hollybobs, the lads are happy...you stay in bed and relax a bit, you have had more than enough worry this past few weeks
LG, how you doing today??? wish i could make you better, i know i haven't met you but i am rather fond of you ...you grumpy old gett Lol...you always manage to make me laugh enough when i am in the middle of an emotional crisis Lol
Hiya Nippy and Brenda, hope you are both doing well....enjoy miller and carter, i nearly died at the prices Lol
Been to the vets with kota, she is doing fine after her op....saw my friend sharon who is the vet nurse there, got a massive great hug off her...kota was her usual bonkers self
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2016, 02:46 PM
The piece of wall that I can easily get to is now painted. Zen desperately wanting to 'help' thank goodness the barricade put her off. Its all blocked off with wheelie bins now, in a couple of days I will move the heavy stuff to where it needs to be and then paint that part. After that I will have to wait till Alun takes the old kennel down and lays the floor (will pass the tip onto him LG) then will paint the rest of the wall. He said he will do a drawing and email it to me first so we can do alterations as he agrees with me that the one I have now is nothing like I want or need, it is NOT going to go wrong twice, because its ruddy expensive in the first place, and pointless in the 2nd place
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >