View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Oooh thanks for that tip about taking the battery out - which has also reminded me that it's months since I ran the thing down. I had better do that I suppose.

A sledge hammer was eventually called into play to deal with that original computer's mother board. (see how technical I am) but even then it took flipping ages to make a dent in it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Taking the battery out works if it is being REALLY stubborn
A simple idea yet so logical really.

Proves I am not very logical (tho some might say I am very simple!)

I forget mine's got a battery as I so very rarely run it without the power cable. The meatier VIAOs only have about a 40 min battery life - not much good for anything.

I'm going for longer battery life in future. I say I don't need such a powerful one but I know I will be teed off if it is slower as a result of being less powerful.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I leave mine on charge overnight, then depending what I am doing and where I unplug it and take it with me. My phone is hitched up to my wi fi so can use my phone to pick up emails etc
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Evening all

Well started out as a pleasant day but just at the end I got a call from Davie's school. Davie was at Aviemore health centre. He fell off a mountain bike at Badaguish and slit his knee on the link thing the chain goes round...they are a fair size on mountain bikes. Thought they were probably being over-cautious. Er...no. Davie had a gash about two inches long going down the inside of his knee, and it was an inch wide.

My poor wee man was so brave, he squealed when he got the local anaesthetic but was okay after that. He got 14 stitches and a well done from the doctor. We got home around 8pm so cadets was cancelled and I have a wee man watching a movie and cuddling.

He is having tomorrow off but can go back to school on Monday.

Hope everyone else is well.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Oh no Lore Poor little chap, that's horrible 14 stitches is quite a lot isn't it, but at least he will be able to proudly show off his battle wounds when he goes back to school!

You probably need a shot of something yourself now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:11 PM
He'll be showing off his war wounds at school on Monday Lore You'll be a nervous wreck, he'll be full of himself
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:11 PM
TW and Tang......I never move my laptop from the desk in the study, so it is always plugged in to the mains. Maybe that is why it is lasting so well?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Hah!!! - Lore, just merge TW and my posts!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Apparently you're supposed to treat them like a mobile, charge them up, then take them away and use them. Mine is plugged in overnight and usually in the afternoon and evening, but in the morning I have it unplugged, sometimes I have a lazy morning, feed girlies, skip out, get my brekkie and go upstairs and lie on the bed watching TV (this is a new thing, never used to watch TV at all in the daytime) or I'll be on the phone maybe.
When I used to work from home and the utility was an office, then my laptop used to be plugged in there and never unplugged, just like yours is
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 09:22 PM
A lazy morning, having done necessary chores, and watching tv whilst supping coffee and eating whatever sounds like heaven!! This is just what you have worked all your life for TW, so just enjoy it!!

My mobile phone is the original Nokia brick (now one of the must have retro objects I gather!) and it often languishes in the bottom of my bag, unloved and uncharged, until somebody rings the landline and gets cross with me. The laptop will always stay here in the study - I like my evenings away from his lordship
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >