Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'm thinking that because Keshi is working herself up into a frenzy with regard to her first season, Mabs has decided to 'get hers in first' no doubt Lona will be in hot pursuit any day now. So I will more than likely have 3 girls in season, all ripping each others throats out, the hormones flying round are at boiling point, bones being collected and defended against all comers have been a staple for a few days now, it will no doubt escalate into outright war
The house of hormones! That's what we used to call our house when I was 'changing' and Jen was 'pubescent' lol! (The dog was ALWAYS a hormonal old drama queen!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 08:08 PM
They did exactly the same thing this time last year, I just thought Lona and Mabs were in season and nearly missed Cariad also being in season because I never thought to check, I did, found she was in season too, took her for a blood test, got the call on the way home, get her to the male NOW!!! He was down in Wiltshire, so hardly next door, got her there, thank goodness, and I now have my Hormone Fueled Monstah Munch!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:11 PM
They did exactly the same thing this time last year, I just thought Lona and Mabs were in season and nearly missed Cariad also being in season because I never thought to check, I did, found she was in season too, took her for a blood test, got the call on the way home, get her to the male NOW!!! He was down in Wiltshire, so hardly next door, got her there, thank goodness, and I now have my Hormone Fueled Monstah Munch!!!

Oooh might be some exciting puppy times coming up then?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Well Mabs was booked in for a hip and elbows x rays today for scoring, but I cancelled it due to finding her in season. Had numerous conversations with varying people today, so they will do the x rays next week and send them off to the BVA, they do it under sedation and they can also give me a predicted score, their prediction (if anything) is usually a couple of points higher than what comes back from BVA, so I will know the worst case scenario. If it is what I am looking for (Mabs's brother has just been done and his prediction is between 10 and 13, breed average is eighteen) then I am going to discuss the possibility of a mating after all. I've done all the other tests now. I have found a firm that will send me a swab and on day 8 I will swab her, which they will analyse and give me a date of ovulation, bearing in mind Mabs's mother ovulates on day 19, so I may well be able to go for it. Works out a lot cheaper than paying my vets £25 every other day from day 8 onwards, as they only charge £11 for 2 swabs.
I'm not too bothered really, don't really want another litter over Christmas, however I do have people sat on my list some of whom have been there 6 months now, so will be talking to them as well. I need to get the predicted score first before I do anything else, although will be sending off for the swabs tomorrow when my works pension comes in.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:26 PM
I once did throw a computer out of the door at our old house. It was very old and about third hand, and my computer whizz kid said that it was basically finished. (In somewhat stronger language). It plodded on for a bit after the death sentence, then did unspeakably bad things so one day out of the door it went. Have you ever tried to smash up a computer? Not easy you know I had a Compac laptop for a few years, and now this six year old Dell.

TW, I have used that trick re the off button a few times....why shouldn't you do it? It always works

I don't envy you those prowling hormonal girlies. I can just imagine you standing there in the middle of them trying to keep order and sanity.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:27 PM
TW, it sounds as if whether you want a Christmas litter or not, one might just be one the cards. Oh goody
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Just need to see if it all works out and all the strands come together and I can knit a jumper. If not then I will be ready for her next year, I can pass my people on my list over to my friend, but obviously would rather not!!!! I will go with the best case scenario. All depends on that prediction and if she ovulates late like her mum and auntie.
Once you know when they ovulate then it never changes throughout their lives so I will have a better picture anyway.
Techie people say you shouldn't switch it off because it doesn't shut down properly. But sometimes you just gotta do it, otherwise you would be sat with the ruddy thing all night!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Just need to see if it all works out and all the strands come together and I can knit a jumper. If not then I will be ready for her next year, I can pass my people on my list over to my friend, but obviously would rather not!!!! I will go with the best case scenario. All depends on that prediction and if she ovulates late like her mum and auntie.
Once you know when they ovulate then it never changes throughout their lives so I will have a better picture anyway.
Techie people say you shouldn't switch it off because it doesn't shut down properly. But sometimes you just gotta do it, otherwise you would be sat with the ruddy thing all night!!!!
All night or FOREVER!

Computers only break easily if you slightly drop them by accident. I imagine they become bomb proof if you try to smash one up!

I dropped a Canon camera once - all of about 3 inches onto the kitchen table. Unrepairable!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, the dogs got caught up in the cables once when my VA10 was on the kitchen table, got swept off and gone, never to work again. I loved the VA10, would love to be able to afford another one.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Taking the battery out works if it is being REALLY stubborn
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >