Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Slept brilliantly last night, so didn't need to lie in this morning, and it's not foggy down here, looks like another good one.

Lynn, thanks for the confidence vote that I'm doing the right thing, and then Sally has to go and write all that Good luck with all the sorting and packing again today and hope Dillon has slept in for you this morning.

Jenny, I hope your son is feeling better this morning, that's some temperature he has there I hope you've put him in the isolation room at yours so that you don't catch it before your break, that would be devastating Maybe get the doc out today if he's still bad and sending lots of positive vibes his (and your!) way.

Jen, hope you had a good night with dear little Pepsi and she's over the whatever upset her tum.xx

Bev, I'm sure you're still brimming with excitement about your move and all that's going to go with it, so happy for you Bev.

Eileen, hope you had a good night in the hotel and we're still waiting for pics, but maybe we'll have to wait until you get back. Enjoy today

Nothing planned here today except a trip to Asda and organising the painter for around the side. Dave home tonight, seems like he only just went.

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll pop back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Morning everyone.
As I seem to be up first I thought I would start the post today.
Dillon did a huff at the bottom of the stairs at 5am but I decided to ignore him I knew if he really needed to go out he would bark next time. It stayed quiet then he tried again ignored him again all went quiet at just gone 6am it was a bark.
I didn't mind that too much as of tomorrow we will be starting early mornings again anyway as Gorden will be once again be joining the ranks of the employed for a year anyway.

It was misty this morning but one of those mists hanging in the air not low on the ground that proves Autumn is just round the corner. I feel it will turn out to be another nice day today again.
More clearing out for us today but after we have been to see Mark for his birthday and to deliver his cake.

jenny sorry to hear your second attempt at getting to see your mum was still a nightmare. Thank goodness the journey home was better.
I hope your son is feeling better today and keeps his germs to himself.
Moyra I hope you are feeling better today.
I hope everyone else is feeling well and happy today too.
Enjoy your Thursday and stay safe.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

My son didn't sleep at all last night (2nd night) and still has a high temperature (102.7) so he's going to phone the doctors .... he can't go in 'cos we are sure it's a virus and he might pass it on. He just wants to ask them about the severe headache he's now had since Tuesday morning. He's phoned in sick which he is loathed to do as he's only been there for 4 weeks
I've got a CAT scan at 8.20 this morning so its all go here I'll catch up later but must try and persuade the dogs that its a good idea to have a wee before I go as I could be some time
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning all

Looks like Helena and Lynn had the same idea at the same time

Wasn't on much last night so hope everyone is well. Went over and visited Mum, she seems OK although still won't take the tablets to stop her shake, she's convicted its electric causing it. Never mind, I changed her bedding for her and took Rosie out, Rosie was better behaved. We passed some bullocks in a field, being nosey beasts they were up at the fence having a look. Rosie hid behind me and wooded at them uncertainly. Very funny.

I got more done last night for the TMA so just getting that typed up tomorrow.

Today is getting ready for cadets then chill out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning all
Another bright sunny day today but with that autumnal feel and smell.
Pepsi slept all night and is bright eyed and bushy tailed today We are used to this happening now. When we first had her I was running to the vets every 5 mins but now I know it happens and how to deal with it.
Jenny good luck with your scan and I hope you son soon feels better.
I'm off for my exercises again today which should be fun, I pulled my back in the garden yesterday
See you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Morning H and all,
Only 2 more sleeps. Well thats if \I can sleep. Last night I was still awake at 3am so excited like a kid (or myself) waiting for Christmas . in the end I got up and made a coffee and wrote a list of what needs doing today and then managed to sleep till 6am when I had to get up.

Lily is walked and I have been to Tesco and I feel shattered . I must order the rest of my fencing today so it will be delivered tomorrow. Then I am off to Clacton with Julie to sign the exchange papers. Then work for the last time and tonight when I get home packing the last few things.
Lily only has one more sleep here as she is off to kennels in the morning.

Jenny good luck with your scan and I hope your son is well again soon.

Good luck to Gordon going back to work tomorrow Lynn. Its going to seem strange for you.

Have a good day everyone and take care.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Hello everyone from my bedroom where I've decamped to until living room aircon fixed.

First of all Jenny
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
My son didn't sleep at all last night (2nd night) and still has a high temperature (102.7) so he's going to phone the doctors .... he can't go in 'cos we are sure it's a virus and he might pass it on. He just wants to ask them about the severe headache he's now had since Tuesday morning. He's phoned in sick which he is loathed to do as he's only been there for 4 weeks
I've got a CAT scan at 8.20 this morning so its all go here I'll catch up later but must try and persuade the dogs that its a good idea to have a wee before I go as I could be some time
Oh dear! I hope your scan isn't for any serious problem?

Your son sounds like he has what I came back from UK with. Head cold symptoms for 24 hrs and then the headache was terrible then arms and legs all achey. Then I had two nasty boils come up (underarm) then swollen glands (indication that your body is fighting summat?) All getting much better since being on the antibios but my tum hasn't been right for any of that time - daughter says that could be the antibios - they end today.

I hope your son gets something that helps him or at least they have a clue what it is.

I too avoided going to a doc because I was sure it was a virus and what can they do about virusses?

Lynn
I detect 'slightly' more enthusiasm for the move in your postings (or is that 'resignation'?)

Glad to read you have good weather. Just got off the phone to Jen (cost me 15 quid as she nattered to me all the way to school lol!) she's going in to sort some stuff before starting back on Mon. She said the weather is lovely in Berks.

Lore
Glad your mum visit was OK. Sounds like a nice walk but I have a morbid fear of cows! (and they don't like me!)

Helena
I think you've done the right thing. Main thing is you HAVE done it so now don't waste energy second guessing your decision. Be glad you don't have to decide what to do any more and move on. I think you're doing brilliantly with the 'vans'. I remember when I first converted one floor to a studio flat in Newlyn. I wanted it all 'just so' and perfect and got really deflated if anyone didn't look after it. Was always touching it up and replacing stuff. Eventually had to accept 'fair wear and tear' taking a toll on my efforts and accept that some people just don't bother as much as others and you will sometimes have more to do when they clear out. As long as you are 'making some money' out of them and they are not a drain on resources - you are winning.

Hope Eileen enjoyed her jaunt.

Yesterday I donated my recliner to Danny next door and also did a bit of furniture swapping around in the two vacant ones. Danny really wants a sunblind for his bedroom (sun doesn't come in but he wants to be able to make it 'dark' in there if he has to sleep between shifts). I've told him if his dad can take it down carefully and fill the holes he can have one of the ones left behind by tenants who left the big flat. So he's happy. Then he spotted my pop up laundry bin and said he 'really wants' one of those too! I told him to peess off and not push his luck - lol! I'll probably buy him one tho - they're cheap as chips in Pop Life our Rubbish & Junk shop.

I need to catch my own landlord (he's here but in and out) to report this aircon prob. To be honest - if he is here - let HIM deal with it! The electrical company that sorted it recently has moved and is closed down until 9th Sept. I don't want to live in my back bedroom until then when I have a super large, airy and spacious pad (that now feels like a blast oven)

*have to say Bella seems to approve highly of the move into the bedroom - she is sat on a huge cushion in the middle of my bed!

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning

Jenny - I'm sorry to hear about your son being ill. I hope he feels better soon and that your scan goes well. x

It's beautiful weather but I'm finding it a little too hot. We went to the park with some friends yesterday - Michael slept through the whole thing and then wouldn't sleep at night so was up very late. He outlasted me!

Loki has been feeling better since his tummy episode and enjoyed his walk today.

I'm not sure what to do today. The weather is lovely so we may go somewhere.

Take care.
xxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Just dropped Roodee off at the vet's, he's having his eye removed, overnight the little blighter managed to remove the stitches(despite being on his own in a crate wearing the lampshade :rolleyes"something only he could do.

I haven't been convinced he would keep the eye, as it hadn't reduced as much I thought it should & John(the vet agreed)it was worth giving it a go, but not worth the risk that he could knock it again.

Not upset as better he is healthy with one eye than at risk with two & it certainly won't make any difference to him-pity it won't silence his gob !! He was as vocal as ever in the waiting room & whilst John was examining him !!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Morning all.
Helena enjoy your day of not doing too much.
jenny I hope your son feels better soon. Maybe some AB's are in order. Keep clear of the germs.
Hope the scan goes well today.
Lorraine well done with the projects you are getting there and faster than I am with the packing.
Jenny glad to hear Pepsi is feeling better.
Bev good luck with the signing of the papers.
Pat I hope the air con gets sorted very soon, although Bella certainly seems to approve.
Afraid it is resignation not enthusiasm. Our mortgage broker did say he wished others had the sense to do what we are doing before it gets too bad and expect him to then wave his magic wand. Which of course he can't.
He did agree with me though this will probably be sods law and Gordens job will carry on and if we didn't it wouldn't and we would end up homeless. So erring on the side of caution is probably best even if not what I really want.
Linda oh dear Michael and his late nights. I hope you manage a nanny nap later.
Good to hear Loki is well.
Joedee sorry to hear Roodee will lose the eye. Healing vibes on their way.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »