View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone, thank you all for your kind wishes. I am absolutely shattered. It was very emotional but very beautiful as funerals go. I actually got to see my daughter and granddaughter who I didn't recognise at first because she has grown so tall and the sun has bleached her blonde hair even fairer if that is possible. We all had a cry even my Steve was in tears with his cousin who came back specially from Canada for his dad's funeral. Steve is going to go out with him for a beer before Rob goes back to Canada on the 31st. I am hoping Steve will actually go out to Canada to visit him out there.

Nippy, hope you get to see your mum tonight and all goes well. Hope Pepsi is feeling better.........have I got the right mum for the right dog? I hope I have, I am brain dead at the moment.

TW, I think that is a hypericum but not the same variety as Rose of Sharon. If I can get a copy of the picture I will put it on my Gardening Forum and see what the experts say.

Helena, you have done so much more today again. Glad Zena got her lovely bath.

Moet, glad Pip had his op ok and hope he is not getting to anxious to get to it to lick it.

Lynn, I am sure you are going to get some enthusiastic feelings about moving to your new home sooner or later. It is a lovely cottage.

Bev. We cannot accuse you of having no enthusiasm for your move. Not long now and that is brilliant news re the prospect of work, Where are you moving to, is it a village?

I am sure I have forgotten someone along the line, I hope I haven't got my Jennys mixed up? Sorry if I have. Please forgive me my brain is done for. Goodnight all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Sorry Moyra, wrong Jenny. Jenny G is going to see her Mum, Jenny Nippy has a poorly dog called Pepsi!!
Although she is better now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Glad to hear the plant is an OK one, so will take a root from it next time I'm up there and plant it outside, maybe it will survive the attentions of Nigel the Gardener, he does a good job with the grass and hedges, but I have no bedding plants left good job I've got my planters filled eh it must be a hardy little soul living on the river bank, its very sandy soil and like I said it must get submerged quite a lot as well.
Glad the funeral went well Moyra, and all went well.
Are you hoping Steve goes for good just the occasional visit twice a year would be good
Yeah Helena, Keshi is running circles round Mabs, mostly literally as well, she is like an elephant compared to Mabs who is quite dainty. Fingers crossed a football will get washed up on the river and I can have a game of football with Keshi and get Mabs less fearful of them, it is a strange thing to be afraid of, but thats Mabs for you
Cariad loves football, she plays goalie and makes some great saves.
I have yet to give mine a good rake, spent a lot of time taking seeds out of Cariads and Keshi's ears and coats today, what I usually do is take a rake with me when I am sat on my rock and they come over for a cuddle, then I make a start on one, then another one comes up to be done and jostles one out of the way, so they sort of go round in a big circle. Once the schools are back I am considering walking all 4 over to the river, I think I have got Keshi reasonably good onlead, and if I put Mabs on the inside of Lona she will be fine. However I will give you all good warning so's you can start directing the dogsey vibes that I get there and back in one piece
Wonder how Dublin is getting on with Eileen in its midst
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry Jenny (Nippy) I just knew I would get it round my neck. I am glad to hear Pepsi is better. I didn't properly think through what I was writing because the other jenny has Flash and Rucksack, it was the bit about going to see her mum that did me. Never mind I'll take some time out from the Whisky to rest my brain. Lol.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:40 PM
June, if Steve went to Canada to live and I know Rob has lined up a lovely lass for him out there I would miss him terribly but I do know that we are going to rub each other up the wrong way as we get older. So yes, perhaps it would be a good thing if he went out there to live and work.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi all..
Just got back to hotel,been shopping all day,feet are killing me!! Gonna have a nice soak in the tub and head back out
We're in a huge suite,I swear its bigger than my house( will take some pics) Hope everyone is o.k,Thankyou all for your good wishes,talk soon xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 06:35 PM
ooooh Get You
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Evening all, just time for a quick post before Corrie. Only four pages tonight, so I might be able to remember quite a bit hopefully!

Nippy, what a horrible night you had with poor Pepsi and I hope that she is getting better now that the onion gravy has been ejected. Rotten about your hip too, that's what comes of not sleeping in your accustomed position in bed, but there is no other option at times is there. Jimmi of course, sends his special love to Pepsi.

Bev, that is the best news ever..........well done you This really does seem to be such an exciting turning point in your life doesn't it.

Eileen, thinking of you out there in the big wild city tonight! Be good now

Jenny, not having a "real" spare tyre is just not on is it. That was the first thing his lordship did when buying the new Jazz.........ordered a proper spare tyre, which funnily enough they have provided a space for

TW - are we ready for a mass walk of your girlies I wonder This sounds rather stressful; perhaps you should just not tell us when you are going to do it, and relate the story afterwards

H, my first reaction re that couple with a two year old in your van is........................DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. With the best will in the world, a toddler in a smallish space can wreak havoc. I am shuddering just thinking about it. Goodness, you are risking it as it is with having that Jenny to stay We don't know for sure that she is van trained now do we

I had the grandsproglet today (only one more to go then YIPPPPPPEEEEEE he goes back to school), so didn't get much done. Notice I said "I" and not "we", and that is because I have given up hoping for his lordship to make some contribution to the general looking after grandsproglet thing.........if he is actually there, he tends to just frown over the top of his glasses at the poor child!! Strangely, grandsproglet adores him, not sure why.

I have just done my nightly pick up of the plum windfalls which is always fraught with danger because of the wasps. I have to use tongs and throw them into a bag, wasps and all because they are too drunk to fly away. I am always very conscious of the ones crawling stroppily around my feet and also of the fact that the whole tree is like one huge nest I can't just leave the plums though, because of Jimmi. There are still loads to come off

Corrie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Evening Moyra I hope you are relaxing now after your emotional day.
Helena what a dilemma I tend to agree with Sally with the best will in the world a toddler in a small space is a bit worrying. On the other hand they may well turn out to be model tenants and make sure they have enough activities in place to satisfy the little one.
Don't envy you this decision.
Evening Sally how brave you are collecting the plums and having Grandsproglet for the day.
Evening Eileen sounds very posh. Enjoy your evening.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Do you mean I have been knocking my single brain cell out to compose a silly ditty for every Bonus Day and you have never tried? I mean they tell you exactly what you are supposed to do...

...I hope!
OK maybe I'll try it 'tho I really am pushed for time these days and I never win anything that's been proved over decades of doing the 'spot the ball' competitions
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >