Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. Wednesday.

Morning everyone. Have you noticed the nights drawing in and getting chillier and the mornings being chillier, darker and the cobwebs on the grass when walking the dog early ? I have.
Oh dear that means Autumn and Winter are not far away.

Making a cake today for Mark our eldest tomorrow he will be 32. Other than that housework and clearing out and packing more stuff.
Only today and tomorrow and Gorden goes back to work work full time the first time in almost 3 years. In the last 3 years it has been a few days here and there and the odd nights away. It is going to be very strange for all of us including Dillon.

I hope everyone is well and has no major troubles.
Eileen if you pop on before leaving to go away have a lovely time. Happy birthday to Lacey.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Wee quick hi,
Thanks LYNN,Birthday girl is still asleep Has no idea where's she's heading Have a great day,will pop in tonight see what you've all been at.
Be good,Later xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Morning Eileen safe journey.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Lynn, Eileen and fellow members,

I didn't manage to get back on last night but will have a read through shortly. Eileen I hope you have a great time wherever you are off to today and Lynn I hope the birthday cake is successfulI can't believe how quickly Gorden's start date has come round but I'm sure he'll feel good about being back at work again.

I'm off to visit my Mum this morning and I didn't go last week due to the car being fixed, hair being done and the appalling traffic on the M25.

See you all later and I hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning jenny. Safe journey to see mum and hope the visit is not to stressful.
Gorden's start date has come round quick, lets hope pay day comes as quick.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Just got back from walking lily and I got stung by a damn wasp while out on my arm. It just landed on me and stung for no reason at all. My lower arm is now sore and swollen. Flippin things I hate them, still better me stung than Lily as she has such bad reactions to everything.

Anyway that won't dampen my spirits, only 3 more sleeps .

Tomorrow morning we go and sign all the paperwork , but before that I have a long day at work to get through today.

Jenny have a safe journey to see your mum and I hope there is not too much traffic.

Eileen I hope you and the birthday girl also have a good journey and a lovely time wherever you are going.

It will be strange having Gordon back to work lynn, but a nice strange as it means some financial security. Good luck with that cake.

Hope everyone else is ok. Enjoy your day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Morning Bev. Ouch Pesky wasp.
Bet your looking forward to signing that paperwork.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Jenny, Eileen and everyone

Only just got up I couldn't get to sleep last night so I made up for it this morning. Zena was upside down beside the bed, so I'm sure she's ok this morning, I always like it when they're upside down, for Zena it means everything is fine.

Having a day indoors today, I'm going round snagging on the painting Dave did cos he missed the inside of the front arch around the gate, and half the ballistrades, and I'm in the mood for that today, I don't mind painting outside, it's the inside I'm not too keen on with all that shifting of furniture and dustsheets down, Zena's tail getting painted white, that kind of thing.

It was quite misty this morning when I first woke up but now the sun is shining and the mist has gone, so hopefully, another bright, sunny day for us darn sarf. I can't believe the rain you had there yesterday Jen hopefully, it's all gone now and you can enjoy the sunshine and your lovely garden with Pepsi.

Lynn, Gorden's timed that one right hasn't he, leaving you home alone with all that packing!!! I had the same but they only get in the way, so it's probably done you a favour him being at work. Things will suddenly move so fast for you, you won't know your backside from your elbow you just watch, it's amazing how all of a sudden it's all systems go. Yes, nights drawing in, wet grass in the mornings, it won't be long will it. I used to look forward to the winter, I'm a winter girl at heart, until we moved here, and now I love the summer in this house cos it's all so light and open, I'm not looking forward to being all shut in again.

Bev, I can see how excited you are, I'm getting excited for you here Ouch to the wasp sting, horrible things and why do they have to sting us for no reason, bee's don't do that do they!

Jenny, hope you have a good journey to your mum's and that you find her on good form today. You can tell her all about your little trip you've got planned I'm sure she'll take it all in and it'll bring a big smile to her face. It might bring back some very happy memories for her of your younger camping days

Eileen, enjoy your little break with birthday girl hope the weather doesn't put the mockers on it for you.

Better get a move on before all the numpties get in the woods. I'm going to check the tides cos I think the salt water might be good for that paw of Zena's so we'll go down the beach if the tide's out. Catch you all later and enjoy your day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning all! Seems quite late in the day to me already as I've been busy since about 7am.

LYNN
Have you noticed the nights drawing in and getting chillier and the mornings being chillier, darker and the cobwebs on the grass when walking the dog early ? I have. Oh dear that means Autumn and Winter are not far away.
Honestly can't say I've noticed any of that here! But we only get Summer and Winter really and Winter is v. short. It cooled down for just one day. Bounced back with temps in the high 30s really early this morning.

I guess it will seem strange having your man going off to a regular job. I'd find it not so much strange but quite appalling to have one that was 'around me' too much! The financial uncertainty being removed for a while will be great.

Eileen Duffy
Have a great time while away. Be sure to tell those caring for Lace that it's her birthday so she gets lots of extra fuss!

jenny.g
Hope the visit to your mum isn't in any way stressful or traumatic.

madmare
Ouch! Lots of 2 leggeds and 4 leggeds getting stung in the UK this year. We've been really lucky. Middle stepgrandson slept on the verandah bed the whole 2wks and didn't get so much as a midge bite. We don't even have anything attracted to the outside lights this year. I reckon it's TOO HOT for them!

I'm really enjoying reading your mounting excitement as MOVING DAY approacheth! So exciting!

Took Bella out at 7. Was even v. hot then. Fortunately met her neighbour pal dog Mara when we got back and they always have a mad chase around the huge carpark under the block together so they both got plenty of exercise even if their owners were wilting. Car parks pretty deserted at this time of year too - most holiday makers having gone now and most permanent residents out at work (except Sabby of course lol!)

I think my aircons are just giving up the effort of it all. The front room one just doesn't feel cold at all today. Yet that's the one that had the full service and repair a few months ago.

I've dismantled them all to wash filters and hoover insides. But they weren't very dirty.

Lugged my biggest floor fan outside to clean the blades but cannot get the blerdy grill cover off. Have undone the screws but just not strong enough to pull the cover off. Will have to rope in a bloke later.

I even Cillit Banged the bathroom wall tiles today! Poor Lucia I've done her out of her €40 to clean the place. But if she'd been able to do it right away it would have been OK - I just didn't want to wait long after everyone left.

I will try to muster up a load of ironing for her and find a couple of other jobs just in case she was depending on the money. Kitchen cupboards are always a possibility! I hate any crumbs, grains of salt, anything that might provide a snack for an ant or worse!

Couple of bills to pay online and mustering up the mental strength to go see the developer re the sale of one of the flats I am managing for the absent owner. I really have lost interest in the property stuff tho. Developers here are pretty much the scum of the island and it's not nice dealing with them at the best of times.

Talking about scum - I still need to go to the bank before I do go to developer. It's Wednesday half day here so that cuts down dramatically the amount of stuff you can do.

Stopped watching the news so much now re the Syria situation. I find the sight of the victims of the chemical weapons just too distressing to see over and over again. No idea what will happen but to my mind decent people cannot just stand by and see that happen to fellow human beings. George, my handyman, is Syrian and his family are still all over there. He's been out of work for 6 months now and cannot afford to go to them and they cannot come here. I do feel for him. And it's always interesting to hear from people who actually live in these countries under these 'regimes' as opposed to what foreign media and govts want us to read and know.

Same thing was true of all the Palestinian refugees who came here from Iraq because of the war there. I haven't met one yet who hasn't said that they were happier living under Saddam than they were when the western allies moved in.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-08-2013, 07:35 AM

Lynn - have fun with yet more clearing out and packing [somehow I do not think "fun" is an appropriate word but still...!] Happy Birthday for Mark for tomorrow - what sort of cake are you going to make for him? He is a wee bit too old for a choo-choo one I think!

Eileen - Happy Birthday to lovely little Lacey - safe journey and have a great couple of days away!

jenny - safe journey to you too when you go to visit your Mum - I hope Are you taking the boys with you?

Bev - I hope your arm gets less sore and swollen. You must be so excited about
finally moving and I am sure will be very relieved once the paperwork is all signed.

- why is it that on one of the rare nights Da Booger does not need to go out for a pee I have to get up every couple of hours as I need one?

Gotta go check today's Bonus Day condition and conjure up a ditty now - well maybe I will wait until my one brain cell has woken up properly!

Have a good day everyone!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »