View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-08-2013, 08:36 AM

Just checking to see if this is working - be back later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Morning all. It is perceptibly slightly cooler and less humid here since last night. I slept with just a fan on and was OK.

Walked muttley for a bit longer and then went to town to the Russian shop to buy some goodies for myself.

I worked so hard here that there is now NOTHING left for me to do! Not even any laundry. I could rearrange the spare room but really should get on with some paid work instead. So will discipline myself to do some of that next.

It does have the allure of MONEY but I'm not very motivated despite that!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Effie woz 'ere and I think my computer is sorted! Well it is OK at the moment but he said to see if the problem comes back, and if it does he will have to take the computer back to his workshop and strip it down to check each thing. Obviously he will bring his loan computer if he does so I will not be stuck staring at the walls or the dreaded television.

So, fingers crossed please and some "healthy computer" vibes would be appreciated!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi all,
Just checking in to see if anyone has broken anything,caused any chaos or has any scandal!! Can see you're all fine so far Headless chicken describes me today,trying to organise everything before youngest and I set off tomorrow for mini break
Lacey is 10 tomorrow Can't believe it!!Think I'm going to leave pressies till Friday,buy her stuff in Dublin
O.k,will pop in later,have a good day all,try not to hurt yourselves!!

P.s LYNN.....enjoy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Great to hear the computer is feeling better now after its nervous breakdown, Effie is a star isn't he.
Fingers crossed all is Ok and you aren't left with the telly
Eileen have a great time in Dublin, and I am sure Lacey will get some beautiful pressies from you.
Hope all goes well for you Lynn and you find out about the planning permission stuff and it doesn't affect you.
Helena, bet you end up painting
Had all girlies out, can eke out the shavings for another day, but will have to go for pet mince and down to the chest freezer for bones. Will do shavings tomorrow and call in at vets for Mabs's results as they still haven't rung me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Afternoon all those I missed earlier

Lynn, I'm sure you'll be getting all excited once you've had another visit to measure up at the new house, and enjoy that cuppa with the family.

Jenny, Oh you do make me laugh, I don't know how you're going to get it all in there, and I won't be surprised to see you turning up with a trailer on the back, or even a caravan lol!

Gerry, good luck with Pip, I'm sorry I don't know what's going on, but I'll check up on your previous posts. Hope all goes well though.

Elieen, nothing like a few days away especially in Southern Ireland, enjoy yourselves.

I decided to take your advice and not do the painting this week, it's so hot, and I got held up on my return from my walk, cos the lady across the road was trimming her hedge and her little spaniel was with her offlead, so I stopped to say hello, cos I have met her once at the recent resident's association meeting. Anyhoo, she came over and we chatted for ages, and Zena adoooooored this little spaniel. Then she wanted to show me her big garden, cos she lives down in the woods themselves, so off we trotted, Zena dragged me through the gate to explore it first It's a beautiful garden, and then she has a very high bit at the side, so I asked her how the heck she sorts all the shrubs in there out. She did no more, than to take me to this little footpath which runs alongside the high bit underneath some trees, it was very exciting, especially for the dogs, and then when we got round the corner at the top of the flower beds, there was this enchanting little secret garden, and she said she's going to get some black lace and make it a fairy hide or whatever for the grandkids.

It was sooooo nice, that Zena adored her dog, her tail was wagging frantically as they sniffed about together and kissed each other, so sweet, but then he was no threat to her, and she's the sweetest dog out when the other dog isn't a threat. I must have been there for half an hour whilst she showed me what she's done in her house cos she moved in there the same time as us, but she got everything done, she doesn't have a "Dave" but of course, it all got done and dusted by Christmas, whereas Dave can't work that quickly when he's still working and there's a limit to what I can do.

It's hot, hot, hot darn sarf today, too blooming hot, but apparently autumn is here next week so I can't complain.

I did a quick shop in Mr S, and then I took all the rugs up in the hallway, they're so darn heavy, I shook them upside down, all Zena's biscuit and fish stick crumbs fell out, and by the time I'd swept it all I almost had a FULL dustpan of dirt and biscuit crumbs Looks all lufferly now, I can only doss about in a clean house, otherwise I can't relax, I just have to do it and I want to relax this week with Dave being back on Friday and all that's going on next week with those deliveries and new carpet.

I had a dilema about when to get the new carpet down, cos we're shifting my big bed to the back room, and the new one is coming blah, blah, blah. Soooo, I made an executive decision to have the carpet fitted next Friday on the same day as the new bed arrives (mattress coming Thursday though). I know Dave will say I'm mad, BUT, this way, we only have to shift it all the once, plus I will have the two yung men fitting the carpet and Dave here, which should take me out of the equasion with all the lifting, so it all makes sense. I know the carpet will be in next Monday, so I think I'll ring them and book next Friday before it even arrives. Sorted! Organisation is the key to smooth progress (allegedly!).

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine, June I know you will be, I expect you're perched up on your rock in yer shorts watching those beautiful (but norty) girlies at play in the river, I do envy you with that river of yours, mine is a mere stream and it only fills up in the winter

Got an e-mail back from Your Dog Magazine, their journalist is coming on the week-end of the 26th October so I'm leaving both vans empty for them to have a good nose around and they can stay in the larger van. I know it's for free, but it's well worth it to me to get into their where to stay guide IF I meet their high standards of course, but the only thing they're interested in, is the dog friendliness and surrounding area, so I don't think I've got much to worry about with that.

Having my roots done on Friday and then this bright veggie colour done again on the Monday. I had to book it in 2 sessions cos I can't stand sitting in that uncomfortable chair for 3 hours like I did last time.

Jenny, looks like I'm tying myself up for next week a bit doesn't it, but I will get up there to meet you and we can do a lovely walk with the doglets, I can't wait, and I'll do my best to drag Dave up there with me somewhen too! I do hope our dogs get on, I'm sure they will, cos Zena won't be bothered, but she does like to say hello quickly before she grabs her ball and leaves them alone. I'm wondering if the first time we meet, we can chat either side of the fence up at the van, so we'll see how they get on in complete safety?? I'd hate for Zena to frighten poor Rucksack I know how he doesn't like other dogs getting too near, but Zena's not pushy she doesn't go where she's not wanted lol! That way, Rucksack would see that she's not going to get near him if he doesn't want her to, cos she won't and he'll feel safe behind the fence. It's a picket fence, so they can meet and greet like that? I'm sure we're worrying unnecessarily but then I'm a worrier!

Better go and give Zena a bit of lunch and get ready for a bit of Jeremy and a nanny nap. Catch you all later and tonight is definitely ironing night cos I need to sort out the bedding for the vans and I've already missed a day with Dave being here yesterday and then again Friday, doesn't leave me long to get it all done and put away ready to take up there Saturday.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Afternoon all

Just got back from Roodee's checkup & things still look fine, he will go in on Thursday am to have stitches removed & the eye checked.

Took me an hour to drive the 6 miles to vets for some reason the traffic was going at snail's pace

No agility as it is too hot for the dogs.

Off to have some lunch now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-08-2013, 01:27 PM
No heat here unfortuately left the sunlounger and umbrella out in the front garden in the hope there would be some, had my shorts at the ready, but it hasn't happened.
Took Mabs and Keshi back onto the ford, I had decided to go on the field, however a footie game going on between most of the village lads. Keshi went off upriver this time, I could see them both through the trees prancing about in the middle of the river ,eventually got Mabs to answer to my recall and Keshi followed her. Monstah Munch is now beginning her Norty Stage 10 months in a week, so bang on time really.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-08-2013, 01:44 PM
June - I have no idea what Effie did but after doing a load of tests on my computer [no idea what] he then connected his laptop to it by remote control and did some more tests. One thing that I did not know is that my wireless router was "open" ie it was not password protected, so even though he could not see anyone piggy-backing on [when he checked] it it is quite possible that someone has, and that might have caused the problem. That is what can happens when nearly everyone these days seems to have a smart mobile or whatever they are called, and nearly everyone is using their phone when they are walking past.

I just have a regular mobile phone, and my router is now password-protected!

Anyhow, whatever he did seems to have solved the problem [I am now back on Dogsey on Firefox! ] and Dogsey is back to normal also on Chrome.

[I do hope I have not put the mockers on it now...]

Joedee - fingers crossed that Roodee is able to have his stitches removed on Thursday and that his eye is OK. I hope you enjoy/ed your lunch!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Afternoon

We had a mixed weekend really. Loki was ill, off his food and a very bad tum! He was looking better by yesterday afternoon so we went to a river with him and the kids and their fishing nets.

Fed up with everyone wanting money and not only that, they want more, in advance and preferably pledged years in advance, and by direct debit, if you please. It's the swimming pool, the energy companies, Virgin Media, the Church and we will have the same with the dog insurance decision too.

I've just about had enough and feel backed into a corner so it's time to kick back where I can.

My little girl goes back to school next week so I'm not looking forward to that! Michael will start school this time next year and I could just cry thinking about it. Stop the world, I want to get off!
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »