Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds as though you had a lovely lunch again Jenny
Its been a lovely day here today - no sign of rain & just nice temperatures.
I picked another load of Blackberries this afternoon. I let Taff have his walk first though & stopped in the woods on the way back. I cant walk past them at this time of year - pity my freezer is ram jam packed though. When I got home I painted the door, frame & windowsill. The door is one of them daft ones with 15 small glass panes in so a devil to paint without getting paint allover the glass & I cant be bothered putting masking tape on all of them. Wasn't too bad though & I just went round the edges with a scraper to get rid of the bits on it when it was dry
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi Patby the time you read this I expect you will have taken Jen to the airport and will now be on your lonesome .. well apart from the lovely Bella. You mentioned about getting your apartment minimalist again and that you would like to keep the day bed BUT ...... you have to keep it what an earth would Bella do without it We might have to report you for abuse if you get rid of it Once you know Jen has landed safely you'll probably sleep for 24 hours as you haven't really stopped since before the wedding. It's not Flash but Rucksack and his temperature seems to have gone down today. Apparently after the horrible thing they had a month or so ago they are going to be very susceptible to tummy trouble for a couple of months Hopefully this final course of abs for Rucksack will sort him once and for all ... until he eats something vile again.

Nippy - I'm not surprised you had a long nap ... you've been so busy recently, but a nice busy with lots of family and friends.

June - We too have had a much nicer afternoon which is about time and it has been so nice seeing the sun again. Sorry you've been having horrid dreams ... they will subside and your life will get back on track eventually (((hugs))). xx

Hi Eileen I hope you had a lovely lunch.

I took my boys out for another walk an hour or so ago and Rucksack is so much better today and was his 'normal' delightful self when he met a strange dog ..... barking, growling ..... just so relaxing I'm going to make a yellow bandanna for him and have a yellow ribbon on his lead as there seems to be so much publicity about 'Yellow Dogs' that I can at least give it a try. I'll definitely be taking him back to classes again when I'm back from my holiday as for some reason he's been getting more fearful over the last 3 weeks than he has been for a long time. It might be connected with not being well but I'm not sure.

OH due back soon so may not be on again tonight but will be in the morning if not.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I'm going to make a yellow bandanna for him and have a yellow ribbon on his lead as there seems to be so much publicity about 'Yellow Dogs' that I can at least give it a try.
You'll have to explain that to me Barking and growling at other dogs might be because he wants to be 'top dog' or maybe he's just wary of some that give off the wrong vibes.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Bella's just had a mega barking fit at a HUGE dog outside whose owner had a job to hang onto it!

In her case I just KNOW she barks at dogs she is afraid of. Not very bright is she?

This owner (fortunately a young strong bloke) asked 'what sort of dog is that it is very aggressive' gawd.

And yes Jenny - she is ensconced on her daybed, all clean covers and wot have you and she is right in the middle of it neatly avoiding the dog rug and cushion I placed in the middle by lying atop the back cushions!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone, have just finished watching Dragons Den.....I do love that programme!

Jenny, that is such good news about Rucksack; you must be mightily relieved. I watched the GP too, and once I knew that Lewis was not going to win, I was willing Alonso on for all I was worth, but to no avail The finger got it again

Bev, I can really feel your excitement and it is going to be hard for us just waiting for you to get back on line so that we can hear all about it. Still, it will give you time to get settled and sorted won't it

Tang, Jimmi is a bit like Bella - he adores little dogs, especially the ladies, but big gallumphing ones make him throw a bolshie strop if I'm not careful, and it's only because he's frightened of them.

Nippy, that long snooze is not surprising and it has probably done you the world of good If I don't have one these days I sometimes find that I feel rather out of sorts by the evening. Ah, the pleasures of growing older!

We have (had!) a big wooden "structure" in the garden which supported several rambling roses - it was very elderly, and in spite of much repair work by his lordship, was looking distinctly in danger of collapsing in the near future. We made the decision this morning to take it all down, and by mid afternoon the whole lot was done bar digging out the roots of some of the roses. It has really opened up that part of the garden, and it looks wonderful already in spite of the bare earth. Hard word, but soooooo satisfying.

I have learnt something about wasps - after spending much time picking up windfall plums over the past few days, and avoiding the nasty little critters who are all over the fruit, I have observed that when drunk they fight. I mean REALLY fight.......rolling over and over in the grass in a sort of deadlock. It really is rather funny, and as his lordship commented - the lawn under the plum tree is a bit like Glasgow on a Saturday night

I clinically need a drink, so am going to pour a chotah peg
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Well Bitkin it all ended well - she gingerly approached him with a bit of coaxing until they were nose to nose. Then did the lunatic side to side hither thither come play with me chase me performance she does.

Poor bloke had a real job to hang onto his. I am glad he could too as it would definitely have flattened both me and Bella it was so huge and strong. And very very very boisterous! On its back legs the whole time!

She can be guaranteed to bark like a loony at the only dog around here that has ever seriously 'had a go at her' big old GSD bitch. As I said - not very bright. I translate her behaviour into 'look mum! there's that dog that tried to eat me!'
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Evening all
Just got back from having a gorgeous meal..totally stuffed...goats cheese tartlets!!yummy Bit tipsy now,need to relieve myself of the pull in pants and get into jams...need to have a catch up and see what everyone's been at xx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:40 PM
If you're a bit Tipsy Eileen I can see it getting a bit fun filled on here tonight Glad you enjoyed your meal out though
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
If you're a bit Tipsy Eileen I can see it getting a bit fun filled on here tonight Glad you enjoyed your meal out though
Thanks,haven't drank vodka in years,took a fancy tonight though....wow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hello everyone, have just finished watching Dragons Den.....I do love that programme!

Jenny, that is such good news about Rucksack; you must be mightily relieved. I watched the GP too, and once I knew that Lewis was not going to win, I was willing Alonso on for all I was worth, but to no avail The finger got it again
'evening Sally - I was hanging on to see what you would say about the GP shame that Lewis's car didn't quite match the Red Bull but I felt he was too much the gentleman, on the first lap he could have moved slightly to block 'the finger' Yes, I know you can only do this once and the stewards look at this very carefuly but as I say IMO he could have done it, if the positions were reversed ' the finger' would have used that tactic for sure.

I couldn't cheer on Alonso as OH doesn't like him Long story which I can't go into on here

Seems we have similar TV tastes, I like Dragons Den too and it was our mutual friend Helena who put me onto that one. I watched Countryfile also but Adam wasn't on his farm tonight so not so good as it usually is.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >