View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Afternoon Pat lovely photo. Enjoy your meal out and wishing a safe safe journey home for the family.
I can hear you screaming from here Eileen.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 04:49 PM
It is nice when people stop to say hello to your dogs. Especially something as unusual as your guys TW. Have to admit I'm a sucker for stopping and saying hello to random dogs.

Been back round to Mum's taken her chicken out and carved it for her, and taken Rosie for a walk. I can see how poor Mum got yanked off her feet, Rosie really doesn't like other dogs and it took me all my strength to hold her when she spotted a dog in it's garden. I'm going to see if we can get her a Halti to try to stop her pulling, but in the meantime I have said to Mum that I will stop in on my way back from work and walk her every day and try to train her to stop pulling and stop being dog aggressive so any training tips would be welcomed. Dougal has never pulled and it's years since I had a dog that did.

Mum has talked of rehoming her, Rosie is beautiful but is two years old and is very strong. Mum is frightened of getting pulled off her feet again. I have to say I think she'd be better off with a smaller dog much as Rosie is beautiful and soft and Mum doesn't want to part with her I think she is just too scared to keep her.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 04:50 PM
LYNN.Its one of those times when you're certain to get visitors,never call when the place is neat and tidy,always when you're having a clear out or there's clothes hanging everywhere Still,its all done,have no feeling in my legs,but at least our clothes aren't wrinkled!!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Well I survived the day at work, just about. All the dogs got good walks and more than a few did some agility. The cat went to her new home and some more people came up and looked at a few of those that we still have so fingers crossed they call to reserve some tomorrow.

Sounds like you have all had an eventful day.

Pat That pic is lovely

Jenny I'm sorry to read the Rucksack isn't right

Eileen I just don't iron

Sorry to any others I haven't had a chance to read all the thread and I have to pop out in a minute to feed the pigs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Really cold wind got up here, going to give teas out and then I will be shutting the back door. I feel like lighting the fire it is so chilly, but I'll be humping baskets of wood round soon enough, so I'll settle for thick socks and a fleece. Mind you the house goes too warm if I light the fire in the summer, a major benefit of a mid terrace is that you are never absolutely freezing, especially if both sides have their heating on
I have got 2 things left to iron Eileen, and they have been patiently waiting for me to iron them for 2 days now, ironing board is leaning against the wall looking at me as well, actually may be glaring at me by now
Oh I really hope there is nothing untoward with the planning application and you have to start all over again. When does Gordon start his new job, it must be anytime now.
Lore, I find gentle leaders or dogmatics much better than a halti because they don't ride up into the dogs eyes
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Sorry most of you darn sarf have been having rain I'm not really. ) it's been quite warm here & very pleasant.
What's up with your weather TW. It's lovely here - even OH only has a t shirt on which doesn't happen very often.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 05:10 PM
TW,do your two items really quickly,then pour yourself a nice glass of wine
JEN,seriously interested( cause I have a friend who never irons either) how do you get away with that?Isn't everything all crinkly
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
TW,do your two items really quickly,then pour yourself a nice glass of wine
JEN,seriously interested( cause I have a friend who never irons either) how do you get away with that?Isn't everything all crinkly
I hang it all out to dry the instant the washing machine's finished then fold it really carefully but then my work uniform is lightweight walking trousers and polo shirts so they don't really need ironing and I tend to wear jeans and t-shirts outside of work. I rarely dress smartly...I don't even own an iron
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Anyone like to look 10 years younger for £2.50?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I've just taken the dogs round the block (about 400yds) and that is all they are having. I wanted to just take Flash out but Rucksack kicked up such a stink (probably a good sign) that I had take him as well. I think his tummy is hurting him as he kept stopping and stretching

The sun came out about 10 minutes ago which is better late than never. I'm off to wash my hair in case we make a dash out to my friends 60th. My son can stay in for a couple of hours so providing Rucksack stays OK my brother and I will go at 7.30 just for an hour.

Enjoy your evening folks and see you tomorrow when hopefully I'll be able to tell you that Rucksack is feeling a lot better.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »