Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 06:12 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone on this wet and grey Saturday.
Not sure if this drizzly rain will go away or not. Hopefully it will.

Not a lot on today except more clearing out and possible dump run.

Here's hoping everyone has a nice Bank holiday weekend whatever you are doing.

Stay safe everyone and have fun.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning!

I'm off to work and I think it's going to be a long day. There's only three of us working and we have 10 dogs, 10 cats, 1 horse, 7 ponies, 1 donkey, 6 goats, 6 sheep, two alpacas, 2 rabbits and two aviaries of bird to take care of. Not to mention helping visitors, paperwork and phones to answer!

On the plus side one of the cats is going to her new home today

ETA - I forgot the two pigs as well!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Dull here this morning although it's stopped raining now, and if we did have any big storms overnight I sure didn't hear them, I slept like a log, didn't wake up once until 6 am and then went back to sleep.

Got both vans to change over today, one of which has had people in there for 2 weeks with 2 big dogs, so that'll take a while.

Other than that, nothing much on here, Dave will be fiddling with something, he can't paint outside cos of the weather, but he did manage to paint the front balcony yesterday morning, so now all the front is finished, just one side left to do and the back. I'm getting the neighbour's son to paint the side cos Dave said there's not much room for a big ladder, so he'd rather this bloke takes the risk than him lol!

I got a phone call from the lady in our larger van last night as they're off this morning and I didn't get a chance to pop in to say hello, but they are all so over the moon with it all, that they've already booked the same week for next year, so that's now 8 weeks already booked for 2014 and I can't grumble at that.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, I can't keep up as much as I'd like to when Dave's home, but I do try to read even if I can't answer.

Enjoy a lovely long week-end
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Wyrekin what a menagerie. Good luck to the cat in its new home.
Enjoy the weekend if you get the chance.
Morning Helena good luck with the changing of the vans. Good news about the 2014 bookings already.
Gorden was as Dave he wouldn't do the soffits on the side of the house as there is very little room for a ladder. We left them needing a touch of paint.
Enjoy the weekend.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Well this time next week it will be all systems go as I move out of this house forever. I don't have one tinge of sadness about it even though I have lived here for years. All i feel is relief that at last I am getting away from this area. Its a lovely big spacious house but in the most awful area.
My new house may be much older and smaller but the area is fantastic and where I was bought up so I feel excited and as though I am going home.
After next Friday you may not see me till the 4th September as thats when the phone and broadband are being connected and i am sure I will be busy finding out what I can fit into the new house.

Back to reality this morning though as I have to go into work. There are loads of things to get done there that we can't do when staff are there. We are still one person down so the other chap and I are still doing everything between us.

This afternoon a friend is coming round to do some packing with me.

Wyrekin sounds like you have a busy day but I can't think of a nicer way to have to be busy.

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Bev I bet you are excited. You have waited so long for this opportunity. I am sure you will have many happy years there.
I envy you your excitement at moving wish I could feel as excited as you.
Good luck with the packing later what a nuisance work had to get in the way.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Lynn, Wrekin, Helena and fellow members,

My OH went off at 7 until Sunday night. Feeling a little low this morning which isn't me at all but its just getting me down not having both the dogs right. As soon as the vets are open I'm going to make an appointment for Rucksack as he isn't right. No sickness but he squatted 20 times this morning and although he didn't have an upset tum as such that's not normal. What really confirmed it is he has refused any food which is the first time ever 'cos even when he's been unwell in the past he's wanted to eat. I can phone at 8.30 and should be given an appointment between 9 - 12.30.

Lynn - Very grey and drizzly here too but I believe it will brighten up later and we may have a little sun too. Good luck with the sorting out.

Wyrekin - Wow, that is some 'zoo' you have to look after You'll certainly have your work cut out with only 3 of you but what a lovely job working with animals. Enjoy your day.

Helena - I hope the vans have been left clean for you but still a lot of work and with two large dogs in one of the vans for 2 weeks there must be a lot of hair if nothing else. Neither of mine moult so no problems there for you ... or me I hope it goes smoothly and enjoy the rest of the rest of the weekend with Dave.

I hope you all have a good day and that you and the dogs are all well. See you later.

*** Bev - you snuck in while I was typing. Good luck today and I can feel the excitement mounting *******
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning, looks like we might be getting the rain today
Today will be spent getting ready for tomorrows crowd
The blackberries we picked yesterday will be made into a blackberry and apple crumble and all the veg will be prepared. I will pop back inbetween
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Bev I bet you are excited. You have waited so long for this opportunity. I am sure you will have many happy years there.
I envy you your excitement at moving wish I could feel as excited as you.
Good luck with the packing later what a nuisance work had to get in the way.
Oh Lynn I really feel for you. Packing is bad enough without having no enthusiasm for the end result. Hopefully once you are there you will realise its all been very worthwhile and be as happy as I will be.
You must come and visit me in my new house before you move.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn, Wrekin, Helena and fellow members,

My OH went off at 7 until Sunday night. Feeling a little low this morning which isn't me at all but its just getting me down not having both the dogs right. As soon as the vets are open I'm going to make an appointment for Rucksack as he isn't right. No sickness but he squatted 20 times this morning and although he didn't have an upset tum as such that's not normal. What really confirmed it is he has refused any food which is the first time ever 'cos even when he's been unwell in the past he's wanted to eat. I can phone at 8.30 and should be given an appointment between 9 - 12.30.

Lynn - Very grey and drizzly here too but I believe it will brighten up later and we may have a little sun too. Good luck with the sorting out.

Wyrekin - Wow, that is some 'zoo' you have to look after You'll certainly have your work cut out with only 3 of you but what a lovely job working with animals. Enjoy your day.

Helena - I hope the vans have been left clean for you but still a lot of work and with two large dogs in one of the vans for 2 weeks there must be a lot of hair if nothing else. Neither of mine moult so no problems there for you ... or me I hope it goes smoothly and enjoy the rest of the rest of the weekend with Dave.

I hope you all have a good day and that you and the dogs are all well. See you later.

*** Bev - you snuck in while I was typing. Good luck today and I can feel the excitement mounting *******
Jenny I hope Rucksack soon picks up for you. Its such a worry when they keep get poorly and i know from experience with Lily's problems it does drag you down when all you want to do is to be able to relax and enjoy your dogs and have them well and enjoying every moment. (((hugs)))
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning everyone,

Still drizzling but it is still so close after all the rain we have had overnight. Amber didn't mind.

Lynn, you are doing well with the packing so far having you got a moving date yet?

Wryekin what a menagerie you have there reminds me of my younger days.

Helena, good luck with the change over clean yes that van that has had to two big dogs for a fortnight might need a little bit extra as you say but well done on the further bookings. I am still hoping that sometime I may make a date.

Bev. Good luck at work today how much longer you got before you finish there.

Jenny, hope you get to grips with whatever is ailing Rucksack. Doesn't sound right does it?

Nippy don't know how you do it every Sunday, you're a better man than I gungadin. or whatever expression you care to use. Lol

I am off to pick up my new glasses I have waited a fortnight for. Their excuse complicated lenses. Cannot see it they encourage the light sensitive ones and |I know my actual lenses are difficult but they are at least not bottle tops. Lol. Have a good day then. God bless.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »