View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Evening everyone, just time for a quick catch up before Corrie.

Jenny, I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone and before you know it next week will be over, and there you will be - on holiday! I think you should wrap your two boys in bubble wrap and fix sturdy muzzles before then, to ensure no injuries or ill advised snaffling of roadkill or dropped burgers. We will, of course, expect and demand from H, daily updates on your general health and wellbeing Then you can refute everything she says when you return home.

TM, those blackberries look wonderful. My daughter said that she has found a big patch up in the fields, and will be heading out there tomorrow for a major picking session. It looks as if they are ready before the apples on our tree this year, so that's rather bad timing

I am totally jiggered having had the grandsproglet ALL day today. I might just invest in one of those spikes that you hammer into the ground and tether dogs to (well, some people do anyway) - at least it would give me some breathing space whilst GS worked out how to free himself I cannot fault his manners though, nor his intelligence..........it's just the sheer energy of the child

I need a stiff drink, and am just about to find myself one.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Lynne, seems we had the same idea, we went out this afternoon and picked Blackberries, not as many as you though I don't think.
Blackberry and apple crumble for Sunday
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Excuse me please Jen while I just reach through the monitor and snaffle a few of those blackberries...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Is it me, or are the blackberries early this year. Will check the ones out by the river when I go there tomorrow, then again they are forecasting torrential rain, so maybe not
Sally, sit down, feet up, nice drink, and Corrie is on, schools will be back soon, thank de lawd
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:35 PM
*takes eyes off Corrie for one second

TW, I am sure they are early this year...usually they coincide with the ripening of the apples don't they, and the apples are definitely not ready.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Evening Sally got to be quick as in thew middle of doing tea.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Help yourself Malka
June, when I suggested we went blackberry picking, hubby (country boy, born and bred), said no it was too early!
Well you can see how many we picked and we could in fact have had a load more.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I noticed there were some ripening ones the other week, looks like they have all blossomed out.
There's a crab apple tree on the track up to the woods, if its not persisting down tomorrow I will take Mabs and Keshi up there and see what it is doing
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Gosh, must take a wander up to near my Granny's old house and see if the brambles are ready

Got the intro to my TMA done thankfully. Going to study for the next part tomorrow night. At the moment going to start to look at the Higher English stuff and try to get a start on it. Reading Othello, I haven't really read the play before. I did The Merchant of Venice at school which I enjoyed, so this should be interesting. Same with The Great Gatsby, I should enjoy that.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I did Merchant of Venice at O level too Lore........the Quality of Mercy and all that. We also had Ring of Bright Water which of course suited me down to the ground, and much better than Chaucer which the next year had
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >