View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 03:14 PM
I decided to go & see off there was enough blackberries to pick while we were going out. Took a plastic box & went to an overgrown footpath where I know there are plenty of bushes. It's only at the bottom of the road. I filled the box & had to double up some poo bags & filled them. while I was doing that poor Taff wasn't getting his run as I only walked about 200 yards down the path. As the blackberries were to heavy to keep carrying round I had to give up & come home. Dropped them off & washed my hands & carried on to the park. Taff found some children who were willing to play ball with him so I just sat down & let them. They really tired him out
When I got home I weighed the berries & found I'd got over 4lb all in 1/2 hour. I'll have to go again next week there looks like there's going to be a bumper crop this year.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Afternoon Malka sounds like another very tiring annoying day for you. Fingers crossed very soon you will be laughing about it.
Afternoon Bev that's a good deal at your hairdresser.
Well done getting all the utilities sorted. Let us know when you will be disappearing just so we don't worry about you too much.
Afternoon Lynne wow what a crop. Everything seems to be bumper this year.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh TM...yummy So what ya gonna make?Or do you plan on eating as is?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Jenny, can't you take a dongle with you and just put £10 on it.
June your dog walks sounded nice with no nasty events. The 'lightbulb' will suddenly turn on, although it never has with my two I'm not computer literate so I have no idea what you are talking about but I assume a dongle is something to do with getting the internet .... on a phone or laptop? You might as well be speaking Arabic as you've lost me Is it a piece of equipment?

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
JENNY G,
Laughing at your first aid kit theory Wouldn't that be lovely More likely when a need for it does crop up,you won't be able to find it
Precisely Eileen but its like having insurance ... if you have it you hopefully won't need it, but if you don't have it sure enough you'll get caught out.

Lynn - It sounds as though you are doing really well with the sorting stuff for the dump.

Bev - Surely the company won't expect you to go in next Friday Will you then be finishing work for that company forever 'cos if so, they are bit naughty to expect you to go in. You must be getting really excited now.

Taffsmum - Wow those blackberries look amazing and 4lbs in such a short time.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Afternoon all,

Have quickly glanced through. Malka, nice to see you are getting out and about. TW, hope the training goes well with the girls.

I've was playing football in PE, I discovered I am the worst goalie ever much to the amusement of 4th years. I had craft and design and science last, had a good day.

The head of the English department said that she would put me through my Higher English. So I've got some past papers and some other stuff to look at. The play we are doing is Othello, the book is The Great Gatsby and it's poems by Browning...not sure on that one, she is going to print off copies for me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Hiya Jenny, a Dongle looks a bit like a memory stick only it gets your internet for you when you are out of range of your normal wi-fi. It picks up a signal for you, and voila, you have t'interweb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongle

So if you are on say 02, you can get a dongle from them, or any phone shop like phones4U and they will more than likely install it for you on your laptop
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Oh TM...yummy So what ya gonna make?Or do you plan on eating as is?
Eileen I've simmered them for a few minutes & will keep some out for on top of my porridge & freeze the rest. I'll look round for some wild apples as well & freeze them as well. I love free food. Has anybody tried Mulberries? There are 3 trees of them in our park & they are gorgeous. They taste a bit between blackberries & Grapefruit. Very delicate though so difficult to collect. Apparently that's why you don't usually see them for sale in shops.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 05:30 PM
There are blackberry bushes near the river, not quite ripe yet.
Went for pet mince, then lpg, back to Asda and was going to the casualty dept. then I saw who was doing it, HIM, with a snarl on his face, and I saw him be really rude to another lady, couldn't hear what was said, but it looked something like
'if you'd let me get on with it then you'd know' she'd obviously asked him a question, had a real sneer on his face as well. Walked quickly past him!!!!
Sneaked back a few minutes later and got some new potatoes in herbs and butter for 80p, mashed potato (big one) for £1 (in the freezer now) and raspberry and pomegranite activia yogurt for 75p (in freezer) also a fish pie which was 80p. I was getting really evil looks off him by then, so scarpered before I was turned to stone
I checked the doughnut stand, and there were chocolate ones where it said custard and found the custard where it said apple. Girlies got a very big macho carrot each for after their tea, (mahoosive bones) but they are totally engrossed with the bones, so the carrots will do for tomorrow.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Taffsmum, my Granny used to always pick brambles to make jam. They are gorgeous. Haven't had bramble jam since Granny passed away.

Fell asleep...oops. Going to have dinner, then getting the washing done and hitting the books for a while. May have to have a cider while doing it..or perhaps I should break into the bottle of Baileys my uncle got me
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Taffsmum, my Granny used to always pick brambles to make jam. They are gorgeous. Haven't had bramble jam since Granny passed away.
Lorraine. Mum used to make Bramble jelly as well. We had a tall three legged stool & she used to tie a piece of muslin to the legs & put a bowl underneath for the juice to drop into. It's not worth me making any type of jam though as OH is diabetic & can't eat it.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >