Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:00 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone. Friday again and a long weekend.
Cool here again this morning but the sun looks like its trying to peep through.
We got some of the loft done yesterday. The first things out were sorted which were Christmas decs. So any rubbish thrown away only the stuff any good will be coming with us.
I also found a big bag of cards which I had brought home from mums when we cleared out. Loads of them all from us the children and Grandchildren over the years. I had to put them all in the recycling bin felt really bad about it throwing her life away while she is still living. She has no room for them and I certainly don't want to be lugging them with me I have most of the family photos and memorabilia which I will take with me as it is and cannot be thrown as it is.
More clearing out and some shopping to do today.

Malka I am glad you got out and home again in one piece. It sounded a very scarey experience.
Sally I hope the itch is better today.
Linda hows the eye ?
Helena I hope you get that printer sorted today.
jenny hoping Rucksack is better this morning.
Jenny hows your DIL ?
Bev good luck with more packing.
Lorraine hows mums arm ?
June the puppies are adorable and mum is very
pretty.
Pat I hope you are feeling better now.
Lynne congrats to Grandson.

I think that's everybody apologies if I have missed anyone.
Have a good Friday all.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Aw that must have felt sad but you can't keep absolutely everything. *Hugs*

The eye is okay thanks, I think I must have scratched it or something.

Children off to grandparents later - yay, a few hours to myself.

Enjoy the nice weather - tomorrow looks horrible.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

You've now reminded me Lynn, of when we had to clear out the whole of mum's apartment in Mallorca in no less than 12 hours We were completing the day after arrival, and I got a phone call at 10pm in the hotel that the buyer now wanted it completely empty before she was prepared to sign (she had exchanged saying she wanted it as it was!) Talk about getting my skates on, I had to ring an antiques dealer at that time of night to meet him up there the next day, and I managed to persuade him to buy the lot, even though he only wanted half a dozen pieces, I told him the deal was to take it ALL! Gawd knows what would have happened had he walked away, but thankfully, he didn't I will never forget that, 25 years of mum's life over there, stuffed into drawers, cupboards, wardrobes and we had to go through it all and bin,charity shop or ship home, so brutal wasn't the word, it was sacreledge There I was thinking I'd be spending that day down on the beach before we went to do the signing over on the 2nd day and come home We started at 5 am and collapsed at 6pm with the flat totally cleared and shipping boxes packed. Never again, never again, not in my lifetime. That's mainly the reason why I cleared so much out when we moved and sold nearly all of our furniture, so that I could buy what we wanted for where we wanted once in the new house. I must have thrown out a dozen big photo albums too, even our marraige The reason for that was, when I used to look after this old couple, the woman had a cupboard stuffed full of photo albums which were just gathering dust, and when she died, they just got chucked in the skip, so it made me think, what's the point? I kept a few that I wanted which I probably look at once every 10 years lol! I don't think I'm the sentimental type here am I

Dave was snoring his head off from 10.30 right up till gone midnight, so I had to go and shut his door. As I did so, I made a slight noise and he turned to me and said, "I'm awake, I wasn't snoring" yeah right!!!

Glorious sunny day darn sarf and it's gonna be a real hot one or so they tell me. I'm going to bath Zena in the garden later on cos she smells down her front, I suspect she's rubbed herself in something she found rather delightful, such as a bit of fox poop, bless her. It's not that bad that I can smell it until I'm up close, but either way, it's gotta go.

Haven't caught up on last night's thread yet, so can't comment on what's happened since I was around last, but I hope you're all ok along with the doglets, and enjoy this long week-end. Sad to think it'll soon be winter, but what a wonderful summer we've had this year.

Morning Linda, you snuck in there! Sorry to hear you've got an eye problem, nothing worse, hope it gets better.xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning all,

Lynn, she was quite sore yesterday but she managed to get her painkillers. I haven't spoken to her today.

Helena, hope you have a nice day and a nice weekend.

This morning I have work, French first, then PE. French I'm crap at, 4th year PE...well not too bad apart from the kid I am with is quite hard to keep under control.

I am looking forward to the weekend, don't have to get up at silly o'clock, will be cutting Mum's grass tomorrow, then hitting the books for a bit. Sunday I'm going up Ben Wyvis to blow the cobwebs away.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Morning Linda glad the eye is feeling better.
Enjoy your couple of hours of freedom. I remember when the boys were small and we lived in Brentwood and they went to school over here in Harlow with their dad. I worked part time during the day then I would get home have a bar of chocklit, glass of wine and a relax in the bath. Bliss.
Morning Helena. They all say that don't they
Its seems so sad throwing their life away but what can you do ?
That must of been a nightmare I thought moving mum from one home to another in the same day was bad enough.
Fingers crossed Zena will smell nicer after her bath. Hows the paw did you ring the vet ?
Morning Lorraine did mums social worker get her to have the plaster on her arm ?
Hope today goes well and you enjoy your trek up Ben Wyvis at the weekend we will be with you in spirit.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Its getting very warm out there now and the sun is shining. I have heard we could hit 30 degrees today and it will be very humid.
I am off to do mums shopping and housework soon before heading off to work later.
Only 1 week and one day till moving day and next Friday Lily will be packing her suitcase and heading off to kennels for a few days.
I have to say I am quite pleased with what I have achieved with the clearing and packing on my own. I am ahead of myself now despite all the hours I have been working and don't have much at all left to do. there is only plates and bowls left to wrap and pack and cleaning products etc.
I won't be doing anymore now till my friend comes over Sat. afternoon otherwise there will be nothing left for her . That will leave me nothing to do until my son and his wife come next Friday to take down blinds and disconnect my cooker and washing machine and dismantle anything that may need dismantling.

Must try and fit in some time for a hair cut before I move too.

Malka glad you made it safely in and out yesterday.
Lynn good luck with the continued clearing out. Thats the worst bit. Have you started getting quotes from removal firms yet?
H, enjoy your weekend with dave.
Jenny hope Rucksack is ok today.

Hope you all have a good day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn and all.
Lynn, I do feel for you clearing out your Mums things I can remember how it feels My DiL is still awaiting results from more blood tests. All I'm going to say at this time is I think there is more to this than meets the eye
Morning H, LS, Lore and Bev hope you all have a good day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena. Lore and fellow members,

I'll hopefully have a slightly quieter day today. I've already walked the dogs as its going to be a hot one today and will shortly go off to Tesco to get some grub for the weekend. OH is off crack of dawn tomorrow for two days to Dunsfold 'Wings & Wheels'. I've been a couple of times and I loved seeing the Red Arrows and the Typhoon etc, but I've done it, been there and worn the T-shirt so its much more appealing to stay at home. My brother will probably come down tomorrow and stay over as it's a friends (Polly's) 60th so we'll be off to commiserate with her on Saturday night .

Rucksack's a lot happier today but insides are still quite loose . He seems fine in himself today though.

Lynn - I do sympathise about throwing stuff away but you can't keep everything. I've got all my Mum and Dad's albums but did end up with their holiday photos throwing anything that didn't have a photo of them in ... there were hundreds as they travelled a lot. I hope Dillon is more settled today for you while you are sorting/packing.

Lore - You'll need the three days off won't you to chill out after the last several weeks. I hope today is bearable and manage to keep that lad under control in PE

Helena - Zena will smell gorgeous when you've washed out whatever she has down her front I'm going to wash my boys just before I come down so they too will smell gorgeous .... for how long though I too live with a snorer but he usually only does for the first 1/2 hour and then there is silence If I rock him and tell him he's snoring he'll tell me in no uncertain terms was wasn't as he was reading

Hi to everyone else who haven't appeared yet and I hope you and your dogs all have a lovely day.

See you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Someone always sneaks in .... Bev and Nippy

Bev - Wow you really have been busy and well done to actually be ahead of where you'd hoped to be .... well done When will you finish working?

Nippy - I hope you have a lovely day and are not too stiff after all that exercise yesterday I hope your d-i-l's results are OK it all sounds a little worrying.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Good morning fellow members a very humid morning.

I have to smile, I have walked Chloe, watered the garden, hung out two loads of washing, washed the kitchen floor and my neighbours 35 year old son is still in bed

Lots to do today as always, enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »