register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Congrats to your grandson TM, maybe he's had a bit of a shock with his grades and get his head down now, then again he is an adolescent boy
Weather been gorgeous here as well, just gone very very dark and the rain has come down.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Nippy that sounds like a lovely happy day you had there Not one more word about A & E - it was H's fault, she started it

TW, his lordship manages five minutes at the most and then - you were almost right - he suddenly remembers important phone calls to be made Roll on the start of the new term; I cannot wait; the little darlings will all be safely caged up again for most of the day

TM, well done to your grandson and perhaps those results will make him realise that he has to do a bit of work! Still, no harm done and he can move onwards and upwards. How annoying that you have to wait so long until the work is finally finished, but it will all be worth it in the end.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh Malka, well done, just relieved you are in one piece, you have been silent all day and I was thinking the worst.
Please please please be VERY careful doesn't sound very safe at all, and their excuse will be that they told you not to use it
Of course it is not safe but I doubt that their intentions regarding re-routing my ramp will be done until October at the earliest, therefore I have no choice.

The problem is that they are far from finished, Rosh Hashana [the Jewish New Year] starts on the evening of 4 September and during the rest of September there are various Holy Days and Festivals when, of course, no work is done - and my new ramp will not be started until everything is finished.

My neighbour has been trying to find out what they intend doing about the builder's merchants that used to be my front yard - do not forget that she is my landlady [well the whole family own the double plot] - and all she has been told was "oh, it will be sorted..."
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 07:16 PM
I hope when they all come over for this family wedding that something gets done when they see the mess that has been made and what is has put you through
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Lynne - congratulations to your grandson - maybe he did not get the grades he hoped for but at least he got enough to get into 6th form.

And yes, it was rather hairy, especially with loose stones everywhere as well, but being able to get to the macolet meant my refrigerator now has enough fresh salad veg and fruit to last me for a few days. They were short on the yoghurt I wanted though as one of the deliveries was missed as the driver is on Miluim [reserve duty].

Joedee - Yay indeed! No walkies for poor Pereg though although she does not seem to mind and it really is far too hot for her - she could burn her poor little paws. I think she is rather bored at times though but I cannot take her out with Xanadu and as I said, no way am I going to risk The Silver Monster.

Apart from anything else The SM is a road machine and there are far too many JCBs and other heavy stuff on what is a very narrow road.

I just feel so guilty that she has not been out for such a long time though.

June - there has already been one wedding when Tami and Yaacov came so they saw the balagan and that was before this temporary "ramp" had been put down - so they had a go at my neighbour for not having been in contact with the head of the Moshav Committee about things. It was only when she did that they dumped that concrete down "for people who want to walk down to see me".

But whoever the head is, he got onto the main contractor and that was when it was agreed to re-route my ramp. Eventually.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Malka, I'm so glad you managed to get out, be careful though.

TW, sounds like a fun time with Keishi.

I'm not a happy bunny tonight. I've had an OK day but cadets was just a nightmare. Two of the instructors I was expecting didn't turn up. So I had one instructor, and me and three different levels to teach. It was a frigging nightmare. I'm going to have to say something cause this is getting silly.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Lore that must be irritating in the extreme. It happens in all walks of life doesn't it - the people who for whatever reason just don't turn up to things that are actually very important to others. For those of us who would never dream of letting anyone down, unless it was unavoidable and then there are always contact numbers aren't there, it seems the very height of laziness, bad manners, and total lack of thought for others.

No wonder you are cross.

I am sure that TW has a stray doughnut about her person that she could give you, that might make you feel a bit better
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 08:59 PM
LORE,you can have some of my marshmallows...their fat free
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 09:02 PM
No I gave them all to you last night Sally, surely you didn't eat all of them in one go
Lore, what an unthinking thing to do, just to not turn up when you've committed yourself to something is the height of bad manners, and I do hope you say something and name names as well.
Malka I was hoping that they hadn't come for the wedding as yet, because I was hoping that they would get something better organised than something 'for people that want to walk down to see you' so very very insulting
My friends dog has just had 7 puppies all girls, anyone want a Puppy Fix
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes please
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >