View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks Lynn (Gorden!) that's my next step tomorrow, but I hate letting something beat me and it took me long enough to set it up wireless 6 months ago and never had a problem. Dave did connect his lappy up at the week-end though and we had problems with the ip address being the same as my puter, so maybe that's caused a blip with this printer being wireless also. Dave didn't connect to this printer though, he has his own that he hooked up to. Thanks anyway, I'm not in the mood to play with it again today I spent so long on it yesterday and according to Mr. Google I'm not alone with this one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Gorden says it may be that Dave's lappy has taken over the printer without you realising it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 01:06 PM
yeah Helena it was me that got put in my place in Asda last week. I was upset anyway, so didn't take much to send me rapidly downhill really. I caught a glimpse of him yesterday and hurridly left the area he was in, he may have recognised me I know you're 'busy' in the afternoon, I'm looking forward to the schools going back, partly because I can start going walks again with all girlies (not together though) and also because they tend to go and do their shopping (well the mums do) and get all stuff from the casualty department, that doesn't seem to happen when the kids are back, no idea what the reason is, just seems there is always a better selection when the kids are at school.
Have had a nice little training session on the field with Mabs and Keshi, then a lovely sit on the river this afternoon with Cariad and Lona, sat right on the rocks on the edge of the waterfall, there's no shade at all where my 'new' rock is, I suppose it will all grow back again, and probably by next summer. Watched the water and the birds and am feeling a bit less like I was and more like I want to be.
The sun being out and just having a t shirt and combats rolled up to the knees always makes me feel better in a strange sort of way
Lynn I was wondering if something like that had happened, these wi fi things have minds of their own, and when they are dead set on stuff, you don't really have a prayer.
My printer still refusing to print with this new cartridge, and then I have to put a wire to the laptop from it, because it can't find it - its behind you.......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Technology ain't it's all cracked up to be in my opinion especially if it decides to have a mind of its own.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I'll go along with that one Lynn
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Helena, have you actually checked with the printer itself that it is on wireless, not what the computer says because that is where I had trouble before. The pc was saying one thing but the actual printer when I checked was not on the same as the pc. So it is worth checking the actual printer. That is before you go wiring it up because you may be no further forward. If the printer is currently correct you will need to adjust it anyway if you are going to connect it to a usb.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi folks,
We had torrential rain for most of the morning which resulted in flash flooding .. it really is all or nothing . The sun is now out and its warm and humid. I had a really busy morning which involved visiting three villages/towns and having to pay to park in two of them Both dogs seem fine and they have had a little lunch each but one or both have/has dreadful wind Not sure which one of them though as they are lying together and I don't want to sniff their back ends to find the guilty party Lots of housework done although a lot more needed but that won't happen today.

I have read everyone's posts but too many to comment on.
Core!! Nippy going to exercise class this morning ... well done girl and I do believe I heard a little rumbling earlier although it could have been thunder., but I'm impressed
Joedee - What a shame about that woman at training wanting to go up a class and that 'jobs-worth' of a head trainer making no effort to help and encourage her.
June - I too can't wait for the school holidays to finish. The family who live two doors away have a vicious little spaniel belonging to their daughter staying who has attacked a couple of dogs here and nipped their own grandchildren. While its here I can't walk down that way at all as it manages to get out of their garden (they have no idea where ). It can't be difficult to find as the spaniel is so overweight the hole in the fence must be pretty dam big.
Lynn - Sorry Dillon is being a naughty boy, it must be so much more difficult having a 'naugthy' big boy rather than a little boy

Plan to have a quick 15mins nap before OH gets back otherwise I'll be napping in front of the TV tonight rather than watching it.
See you all later.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
he is probably feeling a bit unsettled as everything is being taken away to the tip, you have been really upset about this move yourself and it will all be taken in by him, he can't understand what is going on, so he is going to react
I have to agree, dogs can and do sense when change is in the air and they don't like it, they are creatures of habit, far more so than us humans and to them it doesn't matter where they live as long as it is always there, dry and warm when needed, and as long as food and water are available, and other creatures around of course (four or two legged) that's the whole world for a dog and when things start to change they worry 'cos we can't tell them in words it will all be alright, we can't tell them in words that they will still be loved and have a roof over their heads and food in their belly.

Dillon doesn't know what is comming he just knows that your routine has changed recently, he is worried that he won't be fed won't have a nice home to live in. It must be difficult for him.

Mind you I know well how frustrating it can be when they constantly follow you around and start chewing things they shouldn't and demanding attention. You both have my sympathy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Forgot to tell you, I put a gentle leader on Keshi for the first time today, because we have to pass a garden on the opposite side of the main road every day, and every day these 2 dogs run up and down the fence barking like maniacs, and Keshi is lungeing at them and nearly tripping me up and she is getting stronger and stronger, so yesterday she very nearly had me over, and I thought Right Lady, thats it.
Put the gentle leader on her when we were in the front garden, fastened the lead to it, she immediately threw herself on the grass and had a Major Tantrum. She got up and the gentle leader was still there, walked down the road with us, amazing how much easier it is with one of those on.
Got to some more grass, another tantrum, and this went on till we got to the field and I let her off.
On the way home she was really good though, she'd calmed down, probably working on a Plan I would imagine
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 04:54 PM
June your post about Keshi's tantrums at having to wear a gentle leader made me laugh. I'm seriously thinking of using one on Rucksack so that I can keep him close when passing other dogs but I'm prepared that he will hate it too .... he is such a sensitive flower anyway . I'll let you know how we get on.

Afternoon Harvey

Pat - I wonder what you decided in the end as to beach and timings. I really feel for you in that heat ... and poor little Bella.

Its dry here and the sun came out for all of an hour but has gone again.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »