Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:17 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Very strange morning darn sarf, it's actually dark and raining haven't had this in a very long time down here, but they've promised it will soon clear and we're in for another very hot day just like yesterday, got a bit too hot by the afternoon.

I might be buying a new printer this week-end, as I haven't been able to fathom out this wireless problem which has suddenly occurred even though I've done nothing different I've been in places I've never dared go before on this puter trying to fix it, and I just can't understand why it recognises that I have this printer, it tells me it's all working correctly and yet it's offline. I'm not alone, I've Googled and this is a common problem with the HP all in one. You can't even check a box to work online on any drop down either. Hey ho, always summat Rather the printer than the van or the dog!

Dave was tired last night, he's had a really busy week (which is good for business) and will be home tonight, so he has 4 days here at home with us, which I think he's looking forward to.

I'm still not happy with that paw of Zena's, it doesn't bleed and she's not bothered by it, but I don't understand why it's still a pink stub instead of a nice white one by now, it's been 12 days since they took it out I might ring them later.

Off to Asda's this morning to do a big shop for the week-end, might have a rummage in the old casualty in there if June hasn't got there first and grabbed all the bargains.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, but I didn't keep up last night cos I was on the phone and doing my feet sitting out on the balcony, it's a good place to do them cos I can put each foot up on the little wall to bend over, otherwise it kills my back sometimes doing my feet. I s'pose one day I'll get to the stage where I won't be able to reach them. I couldn't bear the thought of not having painted toenails cos they're a bit grim underneath lol!

Enjoy your day everyone
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Morning Helena,

Hopefully Xena's paw is just taking longer to heal. Check with your vet though.

I'm already looking forward to Saturday when I don't have to get up. This 6.30 start hurts. Never mind. Got to get ready for cadets tonight, so taking my first aid manual with me to work to get that sorted out.

So tonight I will be going to invergordon to a meeting about Davie, fingers crossed I can get away from work a bit earlier so I can make the meeting on time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Helena dark and raining here too. Indoor sorting for us today then unless it brightens up later and we can get the rest of the rubbish from down the side of the house sorted and ready to go tomorrow.
The printer sounds a nightmare.
Dillon's stump is much the same although his is in a different place and some days he will niggle it others he leaves it alone. I am just leaving it while he is happy to bound about like the loony he is, get into mischief which is frequently at the moment having another teenage hooligan stage, and eat for England if given the chance. I am of the opinion if it was infected he would be lethargic and not wanting to eat.
If you ring the vet it will be interesting to hear what they say.
Nice long weekend for you and Dave lets hope the weather is brighter.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

It too is dark and drizzly here, but absolutely still We certainly had a lot of rain over night and it was very humid and warm .
I woke the boys this morning which was the right way round for a change. Rucksack has a jibby tummy this morning but had already eaten all his breakfast before I realised otherwise I would have made him skip most of it.

As I type the heavens have opened again.

I was meant to be visiting Mum this morning but I'm going to leave it as I don't really want to take the dogs or leave them just in case Rucksack's tum doesn't settle.

Helena I do hope you either sort that printer of yours or replace it. I certainly have no ideas as I am not puter-literate Let us know what the vet says about her claw site but new skin does take a while to form so wouldn't that be pink? Why do you want it to be white?

I hope you all have a good day and I'll be back in later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Lorraine, lol, you're not a morning person then Lorraine The week-end will be here soon and you can get your well earned lie in.

Morning Lynn, I'm surprised to hear Dillon's is still a bit on the pink side when his was ages ago now. Do you still wrap it up for walks, cos I think I'd be wise to keep doing this for a while? I don't sock it indoors now, but if she's having a nibble at it, sometimes I slap a sock on it just for a short while indoors. I'll let you know what they say when I've popped in there or rung them. Enjoy more of that decluttering, I remember it well.

Stopped raining now, so I'm off out with Zena, catch you all later but got a busy morning. Need to go up to the park and mark the gas bottle before ordering a new one cos sometimes the "new" one feels empty to me, so I have to mark it to make doubly sure.

Morning Jenny, you snuck in there! Sorry to hear about Rucksack again, I do hope it'll settle later. I want it to be white because that's how it was after 5 days before the vet picked the scab off it, and I can't understand why it hasn't got a new scab over it like any sound site would have? It looks so vulnerable to me atm, but I'll ask, it's always best isnt' it. Enjoy your day Jenny.xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Morning H, Lorraine, Lynn and all.

Work this morning and work this afternoon and evening for me. I am getting there with the packing and a friend is coming over saturday afternoon when I finish work to give me a hand. Then a week friday the day before I move my son and his wife are coming over to disconnect and dismantle everything and help me pack the last few things. Then I suppose the unpacking will start and the trying to find things .

H, lily's claw is still a pinkish stump and she had hers done a couple of months ago now. She doesn't worry it and it doesn't bother her though. Enjhoy your long weekend with dave.

Good luck with the continued clearing and packing lynn. Lets hope it brightens up later as its tipping it down here.

Hope you make the meeting in plenty of time lorraine and hope it goes well.

Have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Lore and Lynn you both beat me in here

Lore - I hope you manage to attend that meeting later and its helpful. I love that name 'Invergorden' The weekend will be here soon enough so that you can get you longed for lie in.

Lynn Good luck with the packing/sorting. and enjoy your dog walk.

******** Bev you too snuck in ... enjoy your day and that's great that you'll have a friends help at the weekend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-08-2013, 06:52 AM
No I don't wrap it Helena its not quite so vulnerable for dirt being higher up the leg but is to knocking but luckily he has avoided that. Getting or keeping any covering on him is a challenge.
Lorraine good luck for making the meeting.
Morning jenny I hope Rucksacks tummy doesn't cause him any more problems during the day. Best maybe to keep him home just in case. Not nice weather for traveling anyway.
At the moment I will be surprised if it brightens up. Very warm though.
Morning Bev another very busy day for you then. Nice to hear you are getting some help with the move.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning all.
In a rush today, if anyone in the South Devon area hears any thunder type noises it's just my exercise class
Hope you all have a good day and that poorly doggies are better this morning.
Lynn hope the packing goes well
Lovely day here at the moment, bright sunshine, no wind, not a cloud in the sky. So please keep that rain in the east
See ya all later
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning all. Bit late getting muttley out for her constitutional today - it was after 8am. I was so hot when I got back I just released her into the care of Jenny and headed straight to the pool.

I'm actually going to shove the laptop out of the way shortly and replace it with the sewing machine. Jen has a couple of alteration and repair jobs need doing and I can get her to take down the voiles one at a time - hem them and bung them in the wash.

But not until I've delivered Dan, Em and the kids to whichever beach they've decided on for today.

I'd go to the beach with them for a couple of hours if they left earlier but there is NO WAY I am going to hit a beach in the middle of the hottest part of the day. Early or later is the best time. My favourite time is to get down in time for a lateish lunch and then doss about and swim until sun disappears altogether. In fact I'd be happiest going down AFTER sundown (that's what the Cypriots do!)

Got some super photos when we get around to uploading them somewhere other than bookface.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »