Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry Bev we posted at the same time
Sorry to hear about Lily, poor thing
You don't think she is just worrying because things are going on, like you packing and moving?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Bev, sorry to hear Lily is unwell, I do hope it is not Cancer but it doesn't sound good.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Morning Bev. Good idea about the screening. Sorry to hear you are worried about Lily. Dillon has been moulting horridly he is only just settling down he is also quite tired after half an hour round the field not always running.
He does perk up when the weather cools down in the evenings. Maybe it is a combination of the heat and as Moyra says seeing things being packed maybe it is stressing her a little.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning Moyra glad to hear you being more positive today.
Jenny I hope when you do ring DIL she is feeling a little less worried. Enjoy being a Grockle for the afternoon and eating ice cream.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Good morning fellow members and a beautiful morning it is too.
Best enjoy it, we are almost at the end of August and summer will soon be gone.

I managed to get lots of cleaning done yesterday and hope to do more today . I cleaned all the windows pursued by wasps who have put in a late appearance this year. I always use vinegar and water on the windows and wonder if this was attracting them.

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Morning Bev, Jen and Moyra, Mini and anyone else who pops in

Bev, sorry to hear about Kyiro, maybe he's just honing in on the changes with all the packing I hope it's not what you're thinking.

Jen, yes, sometimes you wish you didn't have lots of friends dontcha! I'm thinking I prefer my cyber friends on here cos at least they don't wear me out physically

Moyra, sorry to hear about your cholesterol, they worry about mine being 6, but I told them, there's no way they're getting me to take those statins cos my liver enzymes always shoot up and I'm told to come straight off them, then they try another one, same thing happens and on it goes, and I got fed up with it.

Well, just got back from a nightmare walk cos I left it late and the world of numpties was out there. I'd just got down a steep set of home made steps, which normally, you take exceedingly gingerly coming down, cos they're very steep, made up of logs and mud with a handrail of branches. I got to the bottom, looked up the path and there was a numpty with 4 dogs off lead. One a big mastif and 3 terriers and Zena was offlead, so I made her wait. Next minute 2 of the terriers set off at a speed a knotts, hurling abuse at Zena along the way, so I had no option but to turn around and leg it back UP these steep, long set of steps Nearly bladdy killed myself the way I feel this morning I turned around at the top, the black terrier was still behind us trying to get at Zena, who I had swung around the back of me and yelled at this bluddy thing to "go away", it stopped dead, stared at me and showed its teef I was ready to launch it into next week if it had come at us The girl was screaming to get her dogs back as I calmly waited at the top whilst this nutter stood there deciding whether to go back to her or not and the other one had heard my shouting and legged it back anyway. I asked her which was she was going when she got to the top so that I could keep well out of her way, but NO apology no nuffink

Then just as I got up the steep slope from the stream, to crossd over to my path up to home, there's this old boy sitting on the seat playing with his mobile (yes I said mobile there lol!) with a black gsd and a jrt, and I just couldn't risk it, both offlead milling around, so we took a detour. This detour took us right off track, never been through there before, it got thicker and denser, but Zena was loving it lol! I had to walk through this horrible spider's web but I hope I left the spider behind We made it home, but I ended up doing half the walk again. Zena was hot so I left her pawz boot on and filled up her pool. In she got with the frisbee, splashing about, scrabbling, soaking the pair of us and now she's happy

Note to self, get up early tomorrow
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Morning Mini sounds like you need a day today sitting relaxing looking out of your nice clean windows.
I don't think wasps need an excuse to be a nuisance do they ?

We are off into the garden in a minute start clearing down the side of the house and get some dump runs in and then if time maybe start the loft if not that will be tomorrow. Some can go for the heavy squad and some we will have to take to the dump out of the loft.
Paperwork being posted today. I am surprised we haven't had solicitors chasing us or the agent.
We are also going to ring to try to get over there again to do some measuring. Might not be today though for ringing see how we go.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2013, 08:45 AM
You do meet some stupid annoying people with dogs there Helena don't you ?
Spoils your walks that does.
I'm surprised you're not in that pool with Zena.
frankjames
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Morning all, still summer - although the swifts have left on their flight back to Africa already.

My old girl has had her morning potter and is in her usual place on the sofa dozing. One thing I didn't know, having adored her as a puppy and as a best friend in her prime, was how special and heart melting she would become in her old age - becoming more dependent on me again. Not sad, but the way a dog's life should be.

Anyway, I wish you all peace and comfort today.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Morning all....

So sorry to see Lily isn't up to par Bev. My lot are moulting like crazy and Kacie looks dreadful and skinny when she moults, no matter how much I feed her. Praying she will be OK. Could be she is worried about all the activities going on re the moving. My old lurcher used to worry when things changed, bless her

Lynn.... you are thinking ahead and managing to get to grips with moving. I am sure it will all feel better when you have got moved in and get things as you want them to be.

Glad you had a good day yesterday with your mates H, always nice to see them and catch up, but equally good when they go.... Not so good when you get a good walk spoiled with numpties.... I walk my five and always respect others and put them onlead.

I wonder if it would help if you visited ex-son, TW???? Maybe you could tell him just how you feel..... he wouldn't be able to touch you as he is in custody.... Not surprised you had a little meltdown, sometimes we cope for so long, then it just catches up with us, take care xx

to everyone else, as I know you are there.....

Not a lot planned here today. Got to go and fetch some timber I ordered yesterday for eversuffering husband to make some panels for my friends chicken run. Going to find a new local farmshop to see if they will let me have some bones, but I will buy something first.....

Will catch up later.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »