Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:53 PM

On being asked by the librarian "what's this book about then?"

My son, the 3-year-old scholar, Michael, shook his head and replied, in a resigned voice, "I don't know!"

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
John(the vet)was pleased with Roodee eye, lots of the swelling has gone & as he behaving totally normally(for him that is)he is happy to see him in another couple of days(Thurs).
Well that's good to hear.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post

On being asked by the librarian "what's this book about then?"

My son, the 3-year-old scholar, Michael, shook his head and replied, in a resigned voice, "I don't know!"

But he is only 3 yrs old! My daughter teaches Science in Secondary School - was regaling us with some of her tales. One poor lad had answered 'I don't know' to every question and then, on the last question, he wrote 'I don't know you should ask someone else' lol!

(obv. thinks his teacher is asking him because SHE doesn't know! Bless him!)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Well on my 'catchup' this did stick in my mind. Lynn's idea of a good clearout or sort out or packing stint. Got rid of 3 pairs of knickers LOL!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Hi Sally and Pat who have just arrived whilst I was busy ironing all June's clothes there.

Now, I just had a visitor......it was a lovely, lovely young guy in a very posh car which he parked on my drive, and I thought to meself, hey up, my luck's in tonight Once I'd shut Zena up from barking, I managed to hear something about a parcel...... turns out, this is the guy who ordered it as a birthday pressie for his girlfriend and it cost him £600 on credit, so I was very, very pleased to hand it over to him as he was very, very pleased that it had come to MY house he said, cos a lot of people would have denied having taken it, but not me We chatted for ages, and there's me in my pj's standing on the terrace chatting to a yung mannn, when the neighbour walks past and calls up with a wry smile on his face "hi Helen" He'll be ringing me later then to see what that was all about

Made my day, that I've made somebody happy like that, and he told me Yodel said they had delivered it to the right address!!! He had the sense to think of the way they might have written the address, so came straight up to my house number and turns out he was lucky.

Sally, I expect Jimmy's well into his teens cos that is exactly what Georgieboy was like when he got to 13/14. Although he got really excited about his walks and would walk for as long as I did, when at home, all he did was sleep and sleep some more but we didn't mind that. I can't think of anywhere nicer to spend your old age than at "yours", so can I book my place now please????

Now I've forgotten everything else and I need a shower and something to eat after all that ironing *hands neat pile of crisply ironed clothes over to June, and then notices the chocolate fingermarks on the back of her shorts - ooops!*
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Tuts and puts the shorts in the washer, whilst smiling 'thank you' to Helena
Lovely to hear that the ipad found its proper home Helena, maybe he's got a friend for you, you never know do you
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Helena - that's lovely. I've found TWO expensive mob phones in my time and reunited them with their owners (relieved parents in both cases - just looked for 'mum' or 'dad' in the phone list!)

But then the first pricey mob I bought my understudy was returned to us by an honest taxi driver when she dropped it in his cab and he wouldn't even take the fare off me for him driving it over to us to give it back. (He too looked up 'mum' in her phone number list!)

Warms the cockles of yer 'eart to read stories like this!

*the first mob I found, I was walking my dog round the park and kept hearing weird music coming from 'nowhere'. Tracked down to a mob on a bench in a remote bit of the park. Quite relieved actually as I thought I was 'losing it' and 'hearing things' lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Good news Joedee.
Linda.
Evening Pat sounds like you have had a nice but busy day. I've made a start might only be 3 pairs of knickers but you have to start somewhere.
That was a nice story Helena. Has it made you all warm and fuzzy inside ?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good news Joedee.
Linda.
Evening Pat sounds like you have had a nice but busy day. I've made a start might only be 3 pairs of knickers but you have to start somewhere.
That was a nice story Helena. Has it made you all warm and fuzzy inside ?
Lynn - 3 pairs of knickers is better than NOTHING. But not much better than nothing lol!

Pull yer finger out gurllll! lol! Can't you find an old bra or two to go with them?

My serious advice is to start with your OH's stuff. I'd be able to find LOADS to chuck out if starting with his!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 07:21 PM
LOL Pat, poor Gordon would be starting his new job in his nothings
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »