register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks Helena, am ironing my shorts in hope, no sheets left in blazing sun here, becuz we have none and not done for ages 'n ages, so it better get itself up here sharpish, I'm not ironing the shorts that I keep leaving for nozzing
Winter is a norty girl, but to them it is the Way Of Things, chicken puts itself in Winter's path, Winter thinks goody extra brekkie and down the hatch it goes.
The Man U trial has worn Keshi out as she is sparko outside, apart from a couple of skirmishes with Mabs, then sparko again.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi folks,

June - Your walks are often so full of excitement and bless Keshi for wanting to join in with the football game .... I bet she would have been the best player although she may have hogged the ball I hope Mab's paw is OK, what a pain it started bleeding again as it was doing so well.

Helena - I'm almost 100% sure that if a package is delivered to you, no signature taken and you didn't order it that it become your property if it is not collected from you. If I were you I'd phone Argos and tell them that an ipad has been wrongly delivered to you and give them your address. What is the betting that it is never collected off you, 'cos the lady who is waiting for the delivery will have phoned Argos and they'll simply send her another one, I really don't believe they'll send a driver out to collect 'yours' and re-deliver it down the road. We had two i-phones delivered here having ordered one and were told that the other one would be picked up ..... it never was and that was 2 years ago.

Oh Moyra you certainly know when they arrive back don't you I assume you had a disturbed night last night so hope you get a good sleep tonight.

Cacoll - Wow you've got an exciting time coming up what with going to Prague and then to watch the MotoGP and back again to Prague. Have a fantastic time and remember to bring us all some rock back Hoping you feel better very very soon.

Lynn - Sorry I just couldn't help laughing at your last post. This morning you mentioned that you had to start packing and now at the end of the day you have managed to sort your undies and throw all of 3 pairs away .... a real de-clutter day eh Bless you ... somehow you may have to get someone to light a fuse under you to get you started (((((hugs))))).

I have read all the posts but can't remember everything I've read. So 'hi' to all those who I haven't mentioned.

My OH came for a dog walk this afternoon which was really nice and we went somewhere we've never been before which the dogs loved as so many news smells. They are crashed out now having had their meal and a good walk.

I'm off to cook a meal now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 05:45 PM
LOL I missed the bit about Lynn throwing 3 pairs of undies away in the entire whole day, better luck tomorrow Lynn, and thanks for pointing it out Jenny
Good News about the Ipad Helena, try it, the worst that can happen is they come and get it beats changing the lampshades dunnit
Keshi and Mabs have half a lamb frame each,with tail, Lona and Cariad just have some ribs, and I beat a hasty retreat before they could give the sad eyes look
Poor Moyra, my big black raincloud had the silver lining that I now have my home back, can't beat it can you. Could Steve maybe find a flat with a spare room for his fishing gear
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Hey
Got all my jobs done,house is gleaming....housewife and superstar!!
LYNN,very important to pack knickers!! You're a scream
CACOLL,hope you feel better soon,if you're really not feeling up to Prague,I'll go ...Have a great time xx
Gorgeous pic of Michael
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks Eileen.

Michael is at the library with his dad - he wanted to do the summer reading challenge his sister is doing and has 'read' two books and now must talk about them to a library employee to get his stickers.

When they've read 6 books, they go to a presentation and get a certificate and last year they got a medal too.

I know he's only 3 but we read the books together and he gets the pictures and has understood each page.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Do you remember Pat last year and we had to keep geeing her up or was it earlier this year when she was changing flats ? Well looks like I am going to need a rocket up my derrier too.

That's lovely Linda our house was full of books when the boys were small well it still is but all the ones for the younger generation are now in the loft.
Michael being 28 now has a slightly different taste in books.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Evening everyone, especially the new face which is always good to see!

Jenny - his lordship would totally agree with you about the spare wheel thing, it's his one and only gripe about the Jazz. The first thing he did when he ordered this new one, was order a proper wheel which is now safely stored in the place provided!

H, such a shame about that tablet or whatever it was........still, just think how happy the rightful owner will be when you hand it over tomorrow. Am a bit concerned about that bright pink skin on a certain dog's paw Hope it looks better tomorrow.

I have read all the posts, but if I comment on each and every one I will have no time for emails before Corrie.

His lordship decided to do his annual pickling thing today, something I always absolutely dread and with good reason. Not only does the entire kitchen need a spring clean afterwards, but until that is done there is major wasp swatting to be done I am paranoid about Jimmi standing on one, and it is quite bad enough at the moment with the plum tree absolutely laden with fruit which has suddenly ripened...........the grass is littered with drunk wasps. Thankfully the house is now clear, and the pickles are all safely bottled and in the cupboard.

I treated Jimmi to a new harness and flexi lead today - I only went for a few packets of fish sticks! I would rather replace things though, than wait until something snaps when he takes off after a cat. Oh I do wish that I knew how old this little chap is because even though he is hugely enthusiastic about his walk and appears to be capable of staying out forever, once home he sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. All day, and all evening, with a couple of breaks for dinner and wees. Sorry I have said all this before, - I keep hoping someone will come up with an answer!!

Seven of his lordship's chums are coming for a meeting and lunch tomorrow; I will throw together some sandwiches and things, then escape for a lovely lunch in town with a dear friend!! Superb excuse for doing so!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Lynn, yes I can't imagine your Michael being interested in the toddler books about ambulances and police cars. It's nice to still have them though - a memory of a rite of passage.

I still have my childhood 'Book of Knowledge' - it's a bit scrawled on and VERY out of date but I do like to look at it from time-to-time.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2013, 06:18 PM
HEY SALLY,
hope I'm right in thinking you're talking about Jimmi and not OH Lacey does the same,like a puppy outside but just lies about sleeping the rest of the time....I'd say she was 9 when she started that,almost 10 now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Evening Sally. I reckon Jimmi is satisfied with the exercise he is getting.
Sounds like today may of been a bit of a trial for you and Jimmi. Think of all those lovely pickled onions and eggs and walnuts for Christmas.
Enjoy your well earned lunch with your friend tomorrow.
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »