Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:39 PM
LYNN,sorry (( hugs))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2013, 06:43 PM
That's ok Eileen. It is lovely to have them even though sometimes with Dillon it can be stressful. I will miss the being close enough to have them so Mark and Tracey can have a night out and pop in for dinner before taking them home.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 06:45 PM
All the clothes lovely & dry now - just added them to the pile from last week that still need ironing Went for a walk up to my daughters - not seen her since she came back off holidays last weekend.
Glad you had a good afternoon with the family Lynn. Its a shame you wont be so near to them in future though. Mind you we're only a 20 minute walk away from my lot & unless I go up there I don't see them & now the kids have grown up they aren't usually in.
Its a bit late now Nippy telling me to send Taffy down & if you didn't have any leftovers anyway I'm not sure he would have wanted to come He at least had some leftover Cauliflower cheese for his tea here
Enjoy your last few hours of freedom Moyra. It doesn't seem a week since Steve went
Got to go & do some transcribing tonight - its been a very slow job lately - I keep getting distracted - wonder why
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Will attempt to leave you with a larf! Jen and I snuck off for a bite of lunch on our own today - no one else was organised or ready and we've had hardly any time alone together at all.

Favourite Taverna - sitting on the terraced bit when cat rushes in with cockroach in its mouth and drops it by the inner door! We call our reg. waiter over and say 'cat's brought a cockroach in!!' He vanishes and returns with a HUGE gun saying 'WHERE IS IT!'

He then says he is scared of roaches and will take the rest of the day off and leave it to the 'big man' - our pal Petros the owner who then comes over and joins in the rumpus. Forgets he was topping up his huge fishtank and before you knew it the entire tavern floor was flooding right out to the street! We asked Petros if he was trying to drown the cockroach!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:07 PM
For a minute I though you were going to say he was going to shoot the cat..........although maybe the cat was "paid" by another tavern owner to take the roach in and then leg it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
For a minute I though you were going to say he was going to shoot the cat..........although maybe the cat was "paid" by another tavern owner to take the roach in and then leg it
lol! Oh no Kazz they LOVE the cats that prowl the premises - I did complain that cats are supposed to KILL cockroaches, not play with them - he said his cats all prefer fish to 'meat'.

Cats do well at Fish Tavernas. We take Bella to this one - she just lies under the table while the cats prowl waiting for our leftovers. Bella is not only missing the bit of genetic material that is supposed to make her catch rats she's also missing the bit that makes dogs chase cats!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
lol! Oh no Kazz they LOVE the cats that prowl the premises - I did complain that cats are supposed to KILL cockroaches, not play with them - he said his cats all prefer fish to 'meat'.

Cats do well at Fish Tavernas. We take Bella to this one - she just lies under the table while the cats prowl waiting for our leftovers. Bella is not only missing the bit of genetic material that is supposed to make her catch rats she's also missing the bit that makes dogs chase cats!
I don't think Bella is missing any genetic material I think she is just using her brain and thinking "why bother" clever dog.............. I mean we are not still chasing dinosaurs...........
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Lol Tang, talk about taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. Anyway I hope you enjoyed your lunch

Lynne, I would have cooked Taffy his own banquet or at least cooked him one to share with Pepsi!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2013, 07:19 PM
PAT,your reg.waiter is kinda cute
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Bet June will want him in the library.
That story did make me smile Pat.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >