register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I used to get a net full of hooves when I used to get deliveries from Landywoods, also pigs ears, but they gradually got more and more expensive, and they started cutting the turkey necks into little pieces, which is no good for a big dog, so stopped using Landywoods. There were quite a few of us who requested that we had whole turkey necks, who they ignored, they could just have kept a few boxes back, instead they lost everyone's custom
Mine loved the hooves, and the puppies thought they were the best thing ever
Those Sketchers sound lovely, I had a pair a few years ago I got from TK Maxx.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 07:56 PM
TW - it speaks volumes that you have disowned him. It takes a very great deal to make a mother feel the way that you do now, and I wish that I had something to say to make things better, but of course I haven't.

Taffsmum, I might just give those trainers a go because my current ordinary ones are nearing the end of their life. I am just a little wary because of my back problems, and don't want to exacerbate anything.

Poor Jimmi, he would adore a bit of hoof to chew on......actually he would probably love absolutely anything, but all he can have is fish and veg!! When the farrier used to come to do the ponies and horse our previous dogs always waited patiently for him to throw them the trimmings. They didn't smell too good
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post

Taffsmum, I might just give those trainers a go because my current ordinary ones are nearing the end of their life. I am just a little wary because of my back problems, and don't want to exacerbate anything.
Sally - they are cheap enough at the moment anyway for you to try them. They are supposed to feel as though you are walking barefoot - they use the same foot action

Taff is still chewing his Hoof - its keeping him amused for a while anyway
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Mine used to eat the trimmings as well Sally
I have found I have many many friends I didn't even know about, so that is a very large silver lining in this black cloud. People have been so supportive, my ex sons mates are appalled and can't do enough to help me.
Leon keeps saying when he gets his next bonus he will pay some of the card, but I have told him no, because he is saving very very hard for a deposit for a house. As soon as I can I will sign this house over to him on a Joint Tenancy then there is no way it can be challenged, he may have to wait for a while to get the money of course (well I hope so, in the nicest possible way) but by then it will be worth a lot more anyway
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 08:18 PM
You know I never would have thought that you could give dogs hooves. Wow.

Well I'm wading through my ironing pile, being supervised by Errol, Nigel and now Harry the Hippo..Davie found it while tidying up, and thought Harry would cheer me up...so now I have Harry I do like him though

I've got the map of the Munros up on the wall now too, so next week I'm going up Ben Wyvis, Dad was so excited to hear that I was going up so I'm going to write his name on a rock and take it up there.

I'm going for a walk tomorrow, the weather is forecast to be nice so I will get out and blow the cobwebs out.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 08:31 PM
What a waste of time going to M&S .... I only ended up getting new undies for OH

Pat - Jealousy doesn't become you That party was good but some of the parties I've been to recently have been fairly naff and of course once you arrive you can't just walk out. Honestly we go for months and months of going nowhere and suddenly we've had a glut of invites as so many of our friends have turned 60. If you were nearer I'd grab you and take you with me

Sally - Good luck but I'm really intrigued ... why are you doing this research ... for what? As you can see a very disappointing trip to M&S but I will take pleasure in throwing away some pretty awful undies and socks which my OH still wears

Wow June what a time you must have had with young kids and a husband drinking everything away I'm not surprised you're happier on your own ... with your girlies of course Don't take an iota of blame on your shoulders from your older son ... he's an adult and chose his 'path' ... drugs do awful things to your mind so don't take it personally what he has done to you. (((hugs))).

Lore - I'm pleased you managed to keep busy today .... onwards-and-upwards (((hugs)))

Moyra - I hope you are OK today and if we don't see you tonight that you manage a good sleep.

Mini - How sad ... all that effort for 3 portions but they'll taste nicer than any bought ones. Hopefully you'll get more.

I'm sure I will have left people out ........... sorry its not intentional, I just can't remember what I read now
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Jenny, I had to laugh..............undies for your OH!!!! What a disappointment Rather nice to have lovely new ones in his drawer though. Such a shame you couldn't find anything for yourself, but M & S can be like that. Last time I looked it was full of such dowdy drear stuff that I felt quite depressed!

My research is for my website Jenny, of no interest really to anyone except those whose ancestors come from Herefordshire Or maybe anyone who likes nosing around sites with lots of history information. How is little Honda doing???? All mended now I hope, they are such lovely cars.

TW, as soon as you have that joint thingy sorted out you will feel heaps better. Your nice son deserves to have that security ahead of him.

Lore stop it. You are going back to making me feel exhausted again!!!

Do you know what I just discovered in an old newspaper? At agricultural shows in the mid nineteenth century, not only did they have classes for animals, but also for servants! As follows:
Class l.
Labourers, or labourers’ widows who had brought up the largest family without parochial relief. First prize £2
Class 2.
Labourers or servants who had served the greatest number of years for the same master or mistress and who would receive a good character from their employers.
Class 3.
Labourers as above, under 40 years of age.
Class 4.
As above, but under 20 years of age.
Class 5
Female servants, as class 2.
Class 6
Female domestic servants above 20 years of age who have lived on the same premises for the longest period, or with the same master or mistress, at yearly wages of not more than £12 and shall receive a good character.
Class 7
Female domestic servants as above under 20 years of age.
Class 8
To the Shepherd who has reared the greatest number of lambs for the same master or mistress with the least loss of ewes, in proportion to the number of ewes put to the tup, the flock not to be less than 40.
Classes 9 and 10 also were for shepherds.

It was striking that in many cases, no second or third places were awarded so one wonders if this was because employers simply couldn’t be bothered , or whether there were not enough worthy entrants. Certainly the prize money for the winners in each category was not to be sniffed at, and the labourers and domestic servants would no doubt have been very glad of it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, she's talking about The Munro's like its an afternoon out shopping isn't she.
Lie Down Lore!!!!!! No wonder your body keeps cutting out on you and going to sleep
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 09:09 PM
TW, Bitkin

I am sorry, if it makes you feel better I slept most of this morning

I love Dad, I will miss him every day, but my life will go on, I still have things I want to do and things I want to see, this has taught me that, to get them done or see them before it's too late. One of my Bucket list wishes is to see Peter Gabriel live...guess what, I'm going to see him in October in Glasgow!! I'm so excited Brian is making sure I get a ticket and can go
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 09:23 PM
LOL Lore, its lovely to see you doing what you want to do, always do that whenever you can,because if you don't do it when you get the chance, you may never get the opportunity again.
Sally, can't believe there was a class for bringing up your children without resorting to Parish Relief and of course being a widow to qualify
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >