Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Oh TM that's really good value All you need now its the energy to use them
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Blimey! Those trainers were a real bargain. Look comfy too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi folks,

I went along to the 'party' (alone) a few doors down and it was fantastic. To be honest I would have stayed there but I thought more than 4 hours would be pushing it with the dogs alone. I think I mentioned it was a wake for an ex-resident. They lived life to the full and always partied hard .... what a fantastic party had been laid on. They'd been together for 27 years and were the first gay couple I knew to get married. After the more serious part of scattering his ashes on the river and over a 100 of us all throwing yellow roses in the the water the booze, laughter and jollity followed. Chris would have loved it the party being attended by so many friends. A great send off for a lovely man.

We've had one heavy rain shower and that is all but think the rain is heading this way.

Brierley - Chris what a lovely surprise to see you back again - you've been missed I'm glad Rosie is fine (in spite of her anal gland problem ), pleased that your Mum is still with you but sorry to hear that Gary is still fluctuating with is moods. Did he eventually come off that newer drug or was the dose changed? Lovely to see you back and don't leave it so long next time

Taffsmum - Great value trainers and if they are comfortable very sensible to get more I'd love some but unfortunately I have to wear trainers that support in the inside of my feet .... such a shame .

Hi Pat - has it cooled down a bit today or is it still as hot? Keep the photos coming

Rain is now looking very imminent so I'm going to take the dogs for a quick walk.
See you all later.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
JENNY G,sounds like an amazing send off,a party to celebrate his life Could always pop back later when you've sorted the doggies,imagine it'll only get better as the night wears on!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Evening all

Just popping in for a quick one, cos Dave bought himself a new lappy for his birthday (Tuesday next week) and is playing with it. Only problem is it's got Windows 8, but we'll see how he goes with it, looks very different, even to my 7. From me, he has 2 saws and a surgical collar It's what he wanted though!!!!! Oh the joys of getting old, and he's only just in his 50's!!!

Lynne, wow those trainers I just paid £48 for my sketchers last week and they were reduced, but that price is quite incredible. Make sure when the order finally comes up that they aren't a size 2 though, cos that's what happened with me when I ordered some new boots last week. It had the drop down on Amazon, they were drastically reduced in price and when they arrived, they were a size 4 and I knew I'd clicked on the 6 in that drop down!!! I went online to exchange them, and yep, again came that size drop down box with all the sizes on it, I clicked on 6, and yet when I went to the final page I noticed it came up with a size 4 again, so I had no option but to just ask for my money back. I used your link to look at my pink/silver ones I just bought and they are £17 and again, the only size available is a 2, so just make sure you're going to get your size in them. I'm off to order a pair like yours now, they are so beautifully light and comfy as you say and I've always had Sketchers, my last pair having lasted 2 summers and I walk a lot.

Chris, nice to see you popping back in, and I'm sorry to hear Gary is still a bit on the up and down side, but as I said, we had that with my friend for a very long time and still do.

Lynn, I hope you're still a married woman, our divorce didn't start until we actually moved in and started on the refurb, so you'll have that to look forward to!!! I'm sure it'll all work out fine for you and Gorden, it's a big step, it's going to make you feel uneasy at the moment, but once you've walked through that door and settled yourselves down, I really hope it'll feel like home. I'm with Pat and her daughter there with the feeling that we've lived here forever and it's a nice feeling, hope you get the same with yours.

Jenny, that sounded like a fantastic send off for that guy, and that's how it should be isn't it, celebrating their life in the way they lived it, I'm sure his partner is all the better for it today. Some gay couples can be so very nice, I always get on with the gayboys, love 'em!

Been busy today with the vans, but thankfully, only had to hand over one lot of clean bedding to the guests in Van 1, cos they're staying for 2 weeks. Had a lovely, long chat with them out in the garden, then took them along to see Van 2 when it was all nice and clean and they were well gutted that they couldn't stop for their 2nd week in that one, but it just wasn't possible, but they'll be back next year they told me.

I don't belieeeeve it, but guess what? All those problems I had with the pilot going out in Van 2 and having the new boiler fitted (at great cost I might add), and NOW, the people in van 1 told me today that their pilot light went out 3 times yesterday, once when she was in the shower WTF??!!! That boiler was serviced and certified at the end of March, so not that long ago. I don't need this nightmare, so I'm gonna ring the plumber on Monday and get him back up there to service it again However, I'm pleased to report, the pilot in Van 2 which was giving me all the probs, has behaved itself last week and didn't go out once!

Trying to get all this washing done, it's lovely and windy, but it keeps on raining so I have to keep getting it in, so I've now resorted to the tumbler cos there's just too much of it lying around in the bootroom, all 6 beds of it! Then there'll be that dreaded ironing that always follows

Sorry I can't comment on a lot of you but I read lots of posts at lunchtime but didn't have time to post back, and now I've only read the last page and can't remember that far back. Hi to Sally for when you pop in later tonight, and I think I saw you earlier on today, or was I dreaming

Zena's foot is now nekid and she's leaving it alone, but it's still a bit pink for my liking, it's now 8 days. I'm still wrapping it for her walks and definitely no ball chasing for quite a wall yet, but she's happy enough.

Enjoy your week-end all
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It's my little boy's birthday today - he's 3! I think we're taking him to a car museum and having a family party tomorrow.
'evening LS, hope your little lad had a great time at the car museum, even at that age boys love cars so I'm sure he did. Belated good wishes on the anniversary too.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
2 weeks today and I will be leaving this house and area for ever. Can't wait.
The day is finally almost here, you must be excited and I remember well that you wanted to move for a long time, years in fact, so wishing you all the best in the new home.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone I think divorce may be on the cards or Gorden moving to school road and me living in a tent.
He did some research and said it would be long days but the sedge fen bungalow was doable him traveling in and out every day how did I feel. As nice as it would be for him to travel every day I said no it still was a no no for me.
Tell him I agree, I looked at it and the very first thing that hits you is how isolated it is. 3/4 acre nearer to town would be different but everything will be a slog being so far out.

This will be the last post while I'm on the road, have only read page 1 but will scan the rest and maybe come back latter tonight if I don't fall asleep in front of the telly
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 06:04 PM
A quick half hour walk with the dogs and they'll be fine now until much later so rain on 'cos I don't care now as they've been out

Helena - What a nightmare with the pilot lights. Are you on bottled gas or mains. If it's mains it may be worth asking other owners if they've had the same problem in which case its more likely to be a problem with the supply. Hope you get it sorted but don't panic on my behalf if you don't .... just remember to show me how to relight it Great news that Zena is now naked and isn't bothering her foot.

Eileen - I could have gone back to the party but to be honest I've been out so much recently and I know it'll end up being such a boozy do.

Harvey - Safe journey back

My son has just come in and wanted to know if I wanted anything a Tesco or M&S ..... nothing good on TV so I'm going to go with him as I still have that 20% off voucher and M&S doesn't close until 10pm so feel obliged to go

Hi to Sally when if she comes in as I barely chatted last night having fallen asleep so long.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Hi Jenny, well that's the strange thing, cos Van 1 is on bottled and Van 2 is on piped 2 boilers, both different gas supplies, one a brand new boiler, just doesn't make sense does it? Maybe I'm just jinxed with gas boilers!!! Rather that than other major problems though. Enjoy another trip to M & S tonight then!

Lynne, I wish you hadn't put that link up cos I've just ordered meself another pair of Sketchers, drastically reduced, but I've gone for the purple/white ones, and then another pair of walking boots reduced to £39! Why are all their trainers and boots so drastically reduced atm I wonder? Nobody buying them perhaps? Not that I mind, I'll now have 2 new pairs of trainers and 2 new pairs of boots for the winter. You need 2 pairs cos of when one pair is still wet next day. I like doing things in 2's anyway
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh wot a hardship for poor jenny.g - been out so much lately blah blah blah. Social butterfly indeed. I'm only jealous. I wanted to go to that party!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Those trainers look great Taffsmum and the price of them is even better because I know that Sketchers aren't cheap, even when they're reduced they're not cheap.
Persisting down here now, has been since mid afternoon.
I got girlies out and came back, cleaned yard and kennels and that's when it started, then it stopped for a while, then it came back with a vengeance. By then I'd done all the stuff that gets you wet, so not that bothered. Quick Asda because my state pension comes in today, half of it will go to the electricity company this week though then again i do like to have the lights, washer and cooker, so mustn't grumble
Why on earth does Dave want a surgical collar, the saws I can perfectly understand, but a surgical collar, and lots younger than I am as well, methinks he needs to see your bone cruncher Helena.
Great News Zena is naked. Checked Mabs's pad and it still looks iffy, so leaving her another couple of days, no use in putting a bandage on or anything, it will be off by the time I've got in the kitchen. She is letting me look at it and put stuff on it thank goodness. Can't risk her knocking it, I can well understand why you are cautious with Zena after that op, and lets hope the nail grows back nicely.
Are the pilot lights having some sort of game with d'ya think maybe the People In The Office are doing it to upset you because you want your Commission
Lynn, just hang on in there, it will get better. Like you say it is because you are Having to do it, rather than Choosing to do it.
I had no option but to move into the house I'm in now, it was this or nothing. Over the years I've gutted it and put it back together and everyone always says how nice it is, but when I moved in it was quite literally a roof over our heads after my marriage to an alcoholic who drank away a detached house, cars and a business, I literally had nothing, luckily I had a good job and picked myself up and grabbed the first house near the village school that they would give me a mortgage on. The only heating was a gas fire in the living room, then the gas board turned up and said my ex owed them £800, which I didn't have, so they turned the gas off, hence the open fire, again no choice at the time, but it turned out well Youngest son was only saying the other day how much he liked this house and he would love to keep it somehow, as it has so many memories of his childhood, he says where we live is a fantastic place for a child to grow up. So there you are, and to me it was a stepping stone till something else came up, but I just stayed, and won't be looking at moving now.
No divorces, living in tents etc. purleese
Jenny, that party sounds fantastic, and what a lovely tribute to what sounds like a lovely man.
Harvey, have a good trip back, have you heard whether your offer has been accepted
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »