Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Morning Lynne good luck in your quest.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Afternoon all,

I had a lovely chat with my friend while walking the dogs but the only trouble is she walks as snail pace so the dogs don't even get to trot and she is totally oblivious to what Flash is doing on the end of the lead She left half an hour ago and I've just given them a 20 minutes off lead tear around. Off to wash my hair before going along to the 'wake'.

Lynn - If you end up in the cottage in Upwell just think of it as a stepping stone until you find the house you really want. At least the house in Upwell will be easier to sell at a later date than some of the properties you've looked at that are more remote and need lots of work doing on them. I did look for your brain (while I was looking for mine) but unfortunately I didn't find either

Everyone seems to be having a really busy day today which is good. Must rush but will pop in again later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Morning jenny. Thanks for looking I reckon they are off on some little expedition together.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon all

Long time, no type (as it were) .

I find myself spending less time on the 'puter these days. Mum is still struggling on and Rosie is being her lovely self - although she has had a UTI and her anal glands still seem to be giving her trouble. Being a little trooper though, she is still her happy little self when she isn't trying to bite her bum.

Gary is doing OK. He's still not the same after the accident last year and seems a lot more childish than he was before. He's always had mood swings, but they are not more defined (if that makes sense). He can be very up one minute and very narky the next. It's like walking on eggshells a lot of the time.

Lynn, it seems you've sold your house?? Well done!

It also seems you are struggling to find a new one that you are comfy with? Have you thought about renting for a while to give yourself some breathing space? Not easy finding somewhere with a dog, but there are rentals out there that will do a six monther and won't mind you having Dillon there.

Bev, hope your move goes well. You've waited long enough for it

Not sure what's going on with everyone else, but I hope you are all well and your doggies too xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Afternoon Chris lovely to see you back.
Good to hear mum is still with you and sorry to hear Gary is no better but thankfully not a great deal worse either..
Poor Rosie with her bottom.

Cannot afford to rent Chris we need every penny towards new house and paying off the mortgage.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Helloooooooo Chris, we have missed you.
Glad you are well and just busy, it's good to see you back
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Pat, Moyra and Gemini 54.

To be fair Pat I do see his point when he said this morning we have offered on School road and I am still looking and if I find something else which is highly unlikely will pull out. The pink cottage we offered on and I pulled out by the next day. Didn't even have time to inform solicitors agents etc, we well I had changed my mind.
He said it is doing his head in. It is mine too because try as I might and it might be the only option the way things are going that cottage in Upwell does not feel like it could be home but then as Gorden has pointed out and I have the same feeling it isn't necessarily about the property its about me and having my hand forced to do something before I am ready and not how we had imagined it.
Hey ho such is life like it or not we have to have somewhere to live and Upwell isn't a bad place or property. Monday the gas man is coming to do his annual service then the papers will be being sent off for the solicitors to do their jobs. They must be wondering where our paperwork is.
Well it seems half the problem is that you (understandably) feel as if someone has your arm twisted up your back regarding this move. But when moves are made for economic reasons that is often the case (been in the same situation myself). In my case it was my daughter baulking at the move and me getting quite cross with her (but mainly coz I was very worried myself that I wouldn't like it either!) while trying to convince her it would be best thing for both of us.

Turned out it was. And I hope the same proves true for you.

When I was househunting in and around Torbay I was going to be alone with Jen all week and I got so cross with my ex with his blithely saying didn't matter how far away Jen's college was as long as it was a good one (didn't matter to him - he didn't have to drive her there and back 5 times a week!)

Him saying didn't matter if there were no dog walking areas right close by because I had a car (I was moving from a detached house opposite a lovely dog friendly beach.) I actually hate having to use my car every time I go out - I want SOME stuff accessible on foot. I didn't want a detached mansion stuck miles away from town. I wanted to be within half a mile of centre and beaches - and be able to see them (preferably smell the sea too!) It's not all about 'how much house and land' you get for your money. I've always purchased 'in town' and paid a premium for doing so but never have any trouble selling when train station and every other amenity is short walk and definitely did not want to be ISOLATED when on my own so much.

Anyway as I think I've already said - I did hate Paignton - bucket and spade kiss me quick hat seaside grockel alley town! And moved again a year later and was happy then.

But I didn't hate the house when I bought it - I thought it was ideal. I am hoping the same proves true for you in reverse and that all your 'reservations' will vanish once you are in the new place. You at least are not expecting too much from it or overglossing it all. You are wary and cautious about it so hopefully it will only turn out to be better than you now imagine it will living there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks Pat.
I made a bad mistake before moving here and I think that plays on my mind only difference was then I had Gill and mum and all friends nearby. I have been happy here for 16 years and knew I would as soon as I walked in.
They are not so close but only 1/2 hour away. This move will take them them away at least another hour on top of that.

The move before this one it was unbelievable how I felt in a very short space time as when I viewed it I loved it and we visited the house many times prior to moving and yet when I moved in and had been there a few days I felt so terribly different about it.

The cottage in Upwell is a lovely place the village is nice it has everything you could wish for but I ain't feeling the lurrve. Maybe that will grow over time.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Know what you mean and I think my daughter summed it up (altho against the move originally) when we'd been in Newton Abbot for about 3wks she walked in one day and said 'I feel as if we've always lived here mum'. So did I actually!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I hung the clothes out & 1/2 hour later the rain started brought them in again & couldn't be bothered taking Taff out in it so fell asleep when I woke up again an hour later outside was all dry & a lovely blowey drying day so the clothes are out again. Still can't summon the energy for a walk so I'll have to leave it till later. Taffs friends will probably be out then so he can have a good play.
I ordered these Skechers trainers on Tuesday night. They came on Thursday evening & they are so light & feel like slippers. while they are so cheap I ordered another pair on Thursday night & they have just arrived. That will keep me going for a while. The fit is great as well. I'm usually a 6 1/2 ordered a 6 & they're perfect.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DFBW5M...1_3p_M3T1_dp_1
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »