View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Morning Jenny. Good luck with the shopping. I hope you manage a rest later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Jenny. Good luck with the shopping. I hope you manage a rest later.
Hugs to you Lynn I hope you get things straightened out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I will thanks Jenny.
It will all sort itself I'm sure.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning

Did fine till my Uncle Derick phoned to see if I was okay. Then I started.

I guess it's going to be like this all day. With the love of Brian and Davie, and the rest of my family and friends I will get through it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Morning Bev, Jenny, Jen and everyone else who pops in

Oh Lynn, I'm so glad you slept with your sensible hat on and have woken up to seeing it from the being on your own perspective, I sure wouldn't want to be that isolated on my own 4 nights a week even with my killer dog beside me, you need people around you Lynn, especially as it's a new area, friends far away, you really do need to be around people, if only for the short term until Gorden gets more settled in his work. I'm really pleased you've decided on the other cottage now, it makes sense in your current situation. I'm sure you will love it once you get it the way you want.

Well, I'm gonna have a right old rant now..... Every morning, when I walk up through a field on one side of the duck pond, as I get into the bigger field where the horses are to come back onto the track, there have been 3 dogs all charging around throughout the whole of the field, whilst their owner does her horse When I've walked past the tatty old yard (if you can call it that), and they've been in there with her, they all come charging over barking at us, so I have to shout them away as the staffie x tries to get under the fence, so there's no way in this world I want to be IN a field alone with these 3 This morning, was the final straw when they were again all charging around right up at the very top where I wanted to come through, so I had no choice but to leg it, turn around and go back the way I'd come! This is a public right of way in a nature conservation area, she only has rights to the yard, not the whole bluddy field I stopped outside her yard, called her, she turned around, the staffie came charging over at us but I was safe cos of the chicken wire at the bottom of the post and rail. I told her in a nice kinda way, that she was beginning to ruin my morning walk I then went on to say about how the notice says "dogs must be kept onlead" which mine is, so how come her 3 are allowed to be right up the very top on their own charging around in all directions whilst she is down the bottom in the yard? She didn't like that. People have already complained about one of her horses supposedly attacking their dog, so she had to move it, so she was on the defensive.

Anyhoo, I have said my piece to her. I should have given her the opportunity of correcting the situation but somehow I know she won't cos of the abuse I got. I have now submitted a message to the preservation society that owns and cares for these woods and told them if they don't have a word in her ear, then I will be contacting the local dog warden because this is totally out of order, her dogs are NOT under control when she is nowhere in sight One is a gsd/rottie x, one is a husky x and one a staffie cross, not exactly the kind of dogs that have a submissive personality are they! I wouldn't mind if they kept themselves to themselves, but they don't, they see us and they all charge so I have to leg it, WHY?????

Not happy, I hope they get back to me on this

Hey ho, such is life hey
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning

Lynn - A wise decision. I always used to think I'd like to be completely in the middle of nowhere but no longer.

Helena - Well, do you know, I have had similar. In my case, I think they own the land but there is a public footpath. She has two dogs, both of which have had a go.

What is it with some people? I hope you can get it sorted out so that she keeps the dogs under control. I'd report her to the local dog warden.

It's our 10th anniversary today and we have found a restaurant for tonight that looks nice. The stuff I ordered for Steve hasn't come yet - it was only something little but it would have been nice to give it to him today. I have to do a load of tidying because my parents are babysitting and the place is a typical post-holiday/school holiday tip.

I'm still unhappy with the local swimming pool lessons. They don't seem to be correcting her stroke enough, which impacts on her ability to swim distance and they keep making unacceptable cock-ups. She achieved her Stage 3 (certificate paid for) and 10 weeks later (and lots of dosh!) they awarded it to her again! Then they said she hadn't done her 25m when I have the certificate (paid for!) that says she has! When you try to sort it out, the receptionists are completely impotent and say you need to speak to the teacher but she is always teaching so it's really difficult.

There is another pool that looks good but it's 14 miles away so if we did it, it would be better to do it at the weekend. BUT, she has to have fortnightly Communion classes this year on a Saturday so the swimming would have to be done at around 8.30 am. Not sure she'd be up for that.

I'm annoyed about it, when I did my Communion, the school did it all - we didn't have to have regular meetings Her friend's mum works on a Saturday and the child goes to London to her Grandparents and loads of kids do sporty things on a Saturday, don't they? And parties, etc. Rant, rant, rant.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 09:06 AM
It is really pouring with rain here so the dogs have literally had a 20 minute walk and I'll get them out later again. To be honest they weren't exactly overjoyed to be going out at all Plans have changed slightly as my OH wants to go to Tesco with me, so we are going to drop my son's car at the MOT centre and then both go on up to Tesco so I do now have half an hour to sit and have a coffee

Nippy - It's always sad saying cherio to good friends but I must admit I do love having my house back and not having to cater all the time ... but I know you love all that cooking and baking
Lynn - You were so unsettled when you didn't think you'd be able to sell your current house and now that you have a buyer it's unsettled you again I'm sure its the fear of the unknown moving to a different area, but you drive and I am sure once you are up there you will love it. You will be mortgage free which will surely be a huge relief and I'm sure once you've had family up to stay it will start to feel like home. ((((hugs)))) ... and Dillon will love having a bigger garden I'm sure.
Helena - I hate off-lead out of control dogs I'll be quizzing you on the places to avoid The trouble is those sort of people who let their dogs run riot are the exact same people who will never accept that their dogs (or they) are anything other than perfect.
L.S. - Happy 10th Anniversary and I hope you enjoy your meal tonight. What a shame the things you ordered for you OH haven't arrived yet ..... always the way If I were you I'd stick to your current swimming teacher and make a point of seeing her at the end of the day if you can and chatting to her about how you feel. She might end up being a pussy-cat rather than a tiger.
Lore - Lots of (((hugs))) for you today. It will be distressing but unfortunately has to be done and I'm sure you'll get through it will all your family supporting you.
My thoughts are with you today.

See you all later when hopefully everyone will be feeling a little happier .. or at least less stressed.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Just popped in quickly to say,

Thinking if of you today, Lorraine, take care and dont be afraid to show your emotions. He was and still is your Dad. My thoughts are with you and your family xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Morning again Helena. That situation sounds scarey and also flouting the rules which I hate I stick to them why do others think they are above them.
Good luck with the complaint.
Morning Linda. Happy 10th Anniversary and enjoy your meal.
Do you know 10-15 years ago I wouldn't of batted an eyelid and use to laugh when my dad told me as you get older your confidence goes. Should of known he was right.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Forgot to say I rang the agent at 9am they hadn't managed to get hold of the vendor and had left a message and were about to try him again so good job I was on that phone at 1 minute to withdraw the offer.
I explained after thinking long and hard when it was dark and wondering how I would feel there I felt being on my own 4 nights a week it was a bit too isolated.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »