Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 05:37 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning all. Been up since 4.30am.

Nothing to do with Dillon he was happy snoozing away.
Not going far today. Just the usual stuff going on.

Lorraine thoughts with you today.
jenny I hope your OH can find out what's going on wth the car before he leaves for Wales.
How weird June that Hannah is now having a sun roof protest.

Have a safe and enjoyable Friday everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

I'm sure your head is spinning this morning Lynn, and I hope you get some good news about that lovely bungalow if it's what you want. How long's it been up for sale that bungalow? I can't understand how a developer hasn't snapped that up cos of its location alone, it's a rare find that one, I do hope you're lucky with this one.

I've decided to leave Zena's poor sockless, it seems to be drying out nicely since using the ab powder yesterday, even though she knocked it out in the garden and sat there holding it up A bit of a rub and a clean sock (I checked that it wasn't bleeding) seems to have sorted it, but I had to cut a bit of something off it last night, looked like a clump of fur, she didn't squeal when I cut it, so it can't have been skin

Dave home tonight, he's got a very busy day ahead though, so he'll be tired, then he's got all the traffic to contend with cos it was the Eastbourne air show yesterday. I'm doing him a steak so that I can do it when he finally arrives cos I will have no idea of the time.

I might be able to get into the 2nd van later on today cos they are leaving today for a big party at home tonight, which will mean if I can, I won't have a change-over at all tomorrow cos the other guests are staying for 2 weeks, so I will just hand her all the bedding.

Hope everyone is ok today along with the doglets, and enjoy your Friday
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Morning Lynn, H and everyone

I have mums shopping and housework to go and do this morning. I am going to have to rush it though as I have the washing machine installers coming back between 11 and 3 to level up my washing machine which they didn't do when they bought it so I havn't been able to use it.

I will take that opportunity to start phoning all the utilitys to tell them the date I am moving and to do a bit of housework and packing.

The steroids don't seem to suit Lily to well but I will try another day of them and if she gets worse I will reduce them sooner rather than after 4 days.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena and fellow members,

A busy morning here helping sort clothes and food for my OH to take away for the weekend, get my older son's car MOT'd, and get some food in for the weekend. It's threatening to rain here but still very mild. I too had very little sleep last night and will definitely try and catch up on some later this afternoon.

Lynn - I really hope that your low offer is accepted which would leave you enough to get that lovely pink cottage the way you want it. You are in such a good position as a buyer now which must mean a lot to any seller. I hope you get a chance to have a nap later.
Helena - Wouldn't that be nice to get the van 'change-over' done today and you could then have a rare Saturday morning off ..... well not exactly off as all that laundry will need to be done but a change of routine is always nice. I hope Zena's paw continues to do well, especially now that it is sockless.

I hope everyone has a good day and all is well with you and your dogs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Morning Helena. Glad Zena's paw is clearing up. That's the trouble isn't it if they knock it.
Good luck with the 2nd van today and Dave's steak.

Head has been spinning and I have decided it is a bit too isolated if I am going to be on my own during the winter nights. I will be ringing the office at 9am and hoping as we have heard nothing they haven't got hold of him yet. If they have I will be explaining I have changed my mind. Of course he may well of strongly rejected our offer anyway.
If Gorden was coming home every night or was just going to be away here or there I would of thought of it differently but sitting here in the early hours feeling safe with the doors open I realised there I probably wouldn't feel safe if Dillon wanted to be out and I needed to sit with the doors open waiting for him to cool down. It really was off the beaten track just over 9 miles to the nearest town and vet. Lots of back windy roads and fen drains scarey if the roads are icy.
So we will stick with the cottage in Upwell and decide next year if we stay if Gorden continues his contract and if he doesn't maybe think of something more isolated next year. Maybe not quite so isolated though.
Got to get through this year first I think and just focus on one thing at a time and giving my oh so hurting head time to settle.
Plus moving the bathroom would be a major job as I don't fancy a shower room off the kitchen.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Bev - you snuck in. I hope you can whizz through your Mum's chores this morning and that you get that new washing machine of yours sorted so that you can use it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Bev. I didn't realise you hadn't been able to use the washing machine yet. Good luck with that, sorry Lily is not doing well with the AB's.
jenny sorry you didn't sleep well either. Not good with a busy day ahead.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Lynn - Bless you, no wonder you didn't sleep well last night . I think buying that fabulous cottage in Upwell is really sensible, especially as you say Gorden will be away a far bit. Nothing is forever .... but I do have a sneaky suspicion that once you live there for a while and make friends (which you are sure to do) you won't want to move anywhere else. At least you have now made that decision and can hopefully look forward to making that fab cottage your new home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2013, 06:45 AM
I hope so jenny because I am not even feeling very confident about that one either. I feel like I haven't found the ideal new place but am out of time to look.
Maybe as I really don't want to move at the moment is the clue and nothing is going to feel right whatever or wherever it is.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 06:50 AM

Lynn you must be in a whirl so much for you to think about. I would be the same as you, not sure I would feel safe so isolated. Good luck for today
So pleased the Zenas paw is improving Helena. Good luck with an early "do" of the van.
Bev, I hope you can sort out Lily's steroids.
Jenny you certainly do have a busy day ahead. It has been pouring here all night so I expect it is making it's way to you.

So, today I wave good bye to the Germans. We really miss them when they go, they are such good fun. After 42 years of friendship I have brow beaten them into being "English"
So I guess it is washing tidying and restocking my store cupboards today, they certainly know how to eat
Have a good Friday everyone.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »