Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2013, 05:55 PM

Strange dreams

I don't normally remember my dreams, but last night I dreamed that there was a chap in court, on trial. His alibi was that he had been playing Monopoly with his toddler. The prosecution challenged him to prove that his toddler could play Monopoly. Then my alarm went off, so I'll never know whether she could or not. Very frustrating!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Hahaha! Very strange indeed
I'd probably be on trial for playing monopoly... such a stressful game!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Quite - why my brain homed in on monopoly I don't know - it's years since I've played it, and certainly never with a toddler!

The first board game I played with my son was probably Snakes and Ladders, and I can remember telling him off for being silly because he kept chucking the dice across the room. Then I realized that when I was saying 'now throw the dice' he thought that was what he was meant to do!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Quite - why my brain homed in on monopoly I don't know - it's years since I've played it, and certainly never with a toddler!

The first board game I played with my son was probably Snakes and Ladders, and I can remember telling him off for being silly because he kept chucking the dice across the room. Then I realized that when I was saying 'now throw the dice' he thought that was what he was meant to do!
So funny! My little lad does this too!

I had a strange dream yesterday but I can't remember much of it now. It's weird how the recollection fades as the day progresses. I know it involved the children's Godparents and their two girls.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Yes, it's weird how it can seem so real at the time, and yet as you say the recollection fades.

It's funny how children can misinterpret what you say. The Dracula story had really captured George's imagination, and at one stage I must have told him that Dracula can only be killed by a stake through the heart. I then heard him telling someone 'Of course, you can only kill Dracula with a lamb chop.'
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I was thinking about dreams earlier when for some strange reason I had a sort of flashback to a dream I must have had at least a couple of years ago where I was stranded in what felt like a hotel and the lift kept taking me to the wrong floor - no idea why it came back to me today
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 05:17 PM
I sometimes be in the middle of a really great dream,wake up to use the bathroom and when I go back to bed try to get back to where I left off....never happens though
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post

Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:44 PM
You're right Eileen, it's so disappointing when you can't get back to it - very annoying
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2013, 12:29 AM
That's a bummer. Why must dreams always leave you with a cliffhanger?