View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:21 PM
First of all Jenny.g thank you for the reminder - I'd forgotten to take today's ab!

Just back from taking Phil to airport and going to put summat hilarious on DVD to cheer up my understudy!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I am going to give (((hugs))) to all that need them and cheers to all those that are celebrating as there is a bit too much to read through and reply individually.

Sally I think I am damned if I do and damned if I don't to be honest. I have thought through the remoteness which we both like. I have thought through the niceties of village life and the convenience of it which we both like.
To be honest either house I think we will be considering moving quite possibly in 10 years time. Upwell always looking for that detached or semi and even though the stairs will be made easier to manage a bungalow would be better in later years.
The bungalow because of the remoteness as we get a lot older.
I am resigned to either one neither are the area I would like to remain unless a miracle happens in the next 8 weeks or so which I think is highly unlikely. So as Gorden mentioned it is better than being put into 1 bed flat in an awful area which to be honest I doubt we would get even that. We wouldn't even be given a tent as we own one.
So I shall count my blessings that we are fortunate enough to have equity in our house and be able to move and although not a great deal of choice or able to choose the area I would rather live we do have some choice and to be able to live in decent areas still.
Move we have too stay in Essex we can't afford it and of everything we have seen and we have seen a few these two are the best.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Sally yes Honda's are brilliantly reliable and my brother is still driving my Mum's old 'P' reg civic which has now done over 100,000 and sales through every MOT. My OH is very knowledgeable about cars and only has to listen to an engine etc to know what is wrong .... and can also fix them. However, this noise is really odd and doesn't happen at certain times like turning left, going over bumps .... OMG I just thought maybe its the can of diet coke I have in the glove box I'm actually just going to go and remove that right now ****** OK removed I'll see if it still makes the noise tomorrow, but if it doesn't there is no way I'm coming clean about that to my OH
Girliebiker - great news about our knees Enjoy your alcohol free evening
Lynn - After I've watched Eastenders and cooked I'll have a looksie on the web. I honestly think all houses are a compromise but wouldn't it be lovely to be able to choose your plot and then put the ideal house on it I would hang out for the house that makes you sing ... it'll be out there somewhere and if the worse comes to the worse maybe you could move into rented (or friends) and put your stuff in storage rather than rush into buying the 'wrong' house. (((hugs)).

See you all later.

Pat - you snuck in ... I'll catch you later xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone,
Had a great day with Miss Leah( that girl can shop)She now has me cleaned!! Managed to squeeze in some new pj's,really gorgeous underwear and a wok!!( always wanted one of them) Chucking it down here On the plus side my grass has come up a treat,well pleased with that On my own tonight so I'm gonna pop into town,grab a movie and bottle of happiness!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Jenny, what sort of Honda is yours? I doubt that it's a Jazz, because that's what really REALLY crinkly people, like my OH, have......but if by any chance it is one of those, and the coke can doesn't solve the problem, then it just might be the gearbox. I only know this because shortly before he changed to a new one, he noticed this odd noise from time to time (automatic gearbox) and when he mentioned it to the Honda service people, they said it was a recognised fault that was emerging with some Hondas, and that it would be rectified free of charge. He just told them to leave it until he brought it in in part exchange, but the point is, faults and problems are so rare that when they do occur they will often deal with it for nothing.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Eileen, that sounds like a good shopping trip - but somehow pjs and gorgeous undies don't go together!!! Enjoy your relaxing evening.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi guys,

Been a bit of a busy day. Did loads of housework. Had my friends in from Wales, their parents were friends with mine. Their folks can't make it up, so the boys are representing their folks. Had a laugh with them.

The funeral director has been and took a liking to Dougal, he didn't like Rosie, Mum's dog but she shouted at him when he came in. Dougal just sniffed then went to Brian for a biscuit. We were talking about who was taking cords, who was sitting where and so on. I've done all I can. Just to think about what I'm going to say tomorrow.

I've still to iron our clothes for tomorrow and stick Davie in the bath. Then I will chill.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-08-2013, 06:46 PM
yeah know what you mean about Honda's, I am so missing Hannah CRV Honda. She is on a personal reg. but is actually an S reg, 115,000 miles and fantastic to drive, just point in the direction you want, put your foot down and off you go without any ifs and buts. Was quite looking forward to driving this Chevvy, it is nice and big and would take all girls, but it sort of rolls round and I don't feel safe at all.
Just got to make sure there is no loan out on her before she comes back home and can sit safely outside my door.
Jenny, gotta laugh about the Diet Coke. I seriously thought it was something major like cam belt or something, I won't tell him
I've downloaded some piccies but for some reason can't find the one I took of My Rock, I remember seeing it, but it has somehow done a vanishing act.
There are some others here as well, that I want opinions on.
Will explain when I put them up

This is Eye Of The Storm, otherwise known as Samson, he lives in Blackpool and is from Lona and Storm's 1st litter together, he was born on Lona's 4th birthday, 23rd November and is coming up 4 this year himself

Here's Cousin Keshi taken on the field the other day playing with a football she found

Here are is one the breeder of Cariad and Lona did with one of the piccie I took of Mabs, she loves playing as she calls it

The next 2 are collages she has made of my piccies and I am thinking of using one as my new avatar on here, which one do you think, I love both of them

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Lynn - I think I know where you are coming from.

We love our proximity to the countryside and wonderful neighbours, plus a green for the kids to play safely on. But the house is tiny, the whole plot is tiny (and I mean tiny) and we really need to move.

Not keen on the town we are in but it's where Steve works (so no hassles with travelling or related expense) and Carys' school is here (which we can cycle to), plus it feeds in to the only outstanding school in this town. My family are here too.

But we want a bigger house, with a big garden with the countryside, but not remote. The villages here are hugely expensive for what you get.

We have thought of extending but our plot is tiny, we could do it but would lose garden, so we are a bit stuck for now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Lovely pics June as always.
jenny about the coke can. We would have no money left to but if we rented for a while.
Linda its a nightmare isn't it ?
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >